Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2019, 11:20   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Weird feature distribution in the current Maruti-Suzuki car range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Alto K10 VXI AMT --- Gets an enjoyable tachometer
WagonR K12 VXI AMT --- Does NOT get a tachometer

No matter how I try, not able to even imagine the rationale for it.
Alto reminds me, the Alto 800 gets dual front airbags in some variants, not the Alto K10.

Alto 800:

Name:  bgchasesafetymobile.png
Views: 1281
Size:  70.1 KB

Alto K10

Weird feature distribution in the current Maruti-Suzuki car range-20191113_111655.jpg

While this is certainly weird from customer PoV, I think I can guess the reason behind this. Alto 800 was upgraded few months back with BS6 engine and some changes to the structure for crash norms. That's when it got new dashboard and dual front airbags. Alto K10 hasn't been updated yet(its still on BS4 engine). I guess with the update, both will get dual airbags.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 20:58   #47
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Not to forget, the top end Corolla Altis Diesel that costs North of 20 lacs on road comes WITHOUT an infotainment system. One needs to buy separately at dealership level. Base variants was something still acceptable for once; but TOP END!
Wow! This is a real eye opener for me. I cannot imagine what those bean counter types at TKMIL must be thinking.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th November 2019 at 21:35. Reason: Broken quote fixed.
Old 13th November 2019, 21:20   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Not to forget, the top end Corolla Altis Diesel that costs North of 20 lacs on road comes WITHOUT an infotainment system. One needs to buy separately at dealership level. Base variants was something still acceptable for once; but TOP END!
This is what I found on the Toyota website. Are you sure it doesn't get an infotainment system?
Weird feature distribution in the current Maruti-Suzuki car range-screenshot_20191113211738059_com.android.chrome.png
Old 7th December 2019, 18:21   #49
BHPian

The previous gen wagonr had adjustable headrests both at the front and the rear (irespective of the variant), while the more expensive Brezza LDi doesn't even have any headrests at the rear. Hope MSIL provides adjustable headrests in the upcoming Brezza LXi.
Tom Sooraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 16:48   #50

Quote:

3. What's more, the Ciaz lacks the Auto-Headlamp associated functions(like follow me home etc) which cheaper cars like the Swift, Baleno and Dzire get. Go figure!

Attachment 1876895

Recently picked up a 2021 Ciaz Alpha AT, I assumed that since the car comes with auto headlamps, it'll have follow-me and leading-to function enabled, and to my surprise it didnt't.

Now since it comes with Auto-light sensor, the hardware is present and just the software needs to be tweaked. Is there anyway to enable this option via OBD-settings or something, just like we can in VAG cars via VCDS?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks