Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2019, 16:57   #16
BHPian

Re: LHD Ford EcoSport AWD spotted in Coimbatore

Since the tail gate mounted spare wheel is absent, definitely this is for export markets. No way Ford will launch this in India given the way the market loves the extra length look.

Also a four wheel drive with other top spec goodies will give the ultimate sticker shock and may even affect existing showroom footfalls. I too hate the sticker shock fear of our auto companies, along with my fellow TeamBHPians. Still, definitely its the reality that all market studies indicate. You can't ignore the wisdom of Maruti and Hyundai in reading the Indian market psyche.
Old 7th June 2019, 10:06   #17
Team-BHP Support

I'm just wondering whether these are mules with the Mahindra Petrol engine being used for validation testing. My theory is that these were pulled out of Fords fleet, sent to Dearborn for integrating the engine then sent to J Anand's outfit for testing.

Just a hypothesis, I could be wrong!
Old 15th September 2020, 21:37   #18
BHPian

Bumping an idle thread here.

While driving to Chennai yesterday, I noticed I was following a black Ecosport, without a tail mounted spare. Also noticed the number plate slot was on the boot. I also noticed the 'SE' trim. At a moment when I overtook, figured it to be LHD and also saw the Sync infotainment running inside. There was also a red temporary registration plate kept behind the rear windshield from within the boot.

There was one more Ecosport infront of this car. It was of a different blue and I tried my best to find the name. Funnily I couldn't find this colour in the Ford UK, Thailand or Brazil sites but I found this colour in a Ford Raptor in their Australia site and it was called 'Performance Blue' (not sure this is the one though). This Ecosport was an AWD (had the badging on the tailgate).

Since I was the one driving, I don't have more pics than the one I've attached. The blue color looked so good and the fog lamp sections lighting looked a bit different too though I can't recollect the exact detail.

LHD Ford EcoSport AWD spotted in Coimbatore-img_1434.jpg
freakmuzik is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks