Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2019, 23:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza Sports Limited Edition launched

Maruti Suzuki has launched a limited edition of the Vitara Brezza called as the Sports Limited Edition. Customers can convert their standard Vitara Brezza at an additional price of Rs. 29,990.

Maruti Vitara Brezza Sports Limited Edition launched-vitara-brezza-sports-limited-edition.jpg

The Vitara Brezza Sports Limited Edition comes with a choice of accessories which include new seat covers, floor mats, side cladding, body graphics, front and rear garnish, leather steering cover, door sill-guard, wheel arch kit and neck cushion, among others.

Maruti Vitara Brezza Sports Limited Edition launched-vitara-brezza-sports-limited-edition-2.jpg

The Vitara Brezza is available with a 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 89 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and a torque of 200 Nm @ 1,750 rpm. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and 5-speed AMT.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by SDP : 26th May 2019 at 15:56. Reason: Minor typo
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 23:40   #2
BHPian

These add ons have been available for the past couple of years. The dealers were offering them in 3 different packs. Off late, only 2 packs were available. Even the pricing is also similar. So, overall nothing new, but just to divert people's attention from Hyundai Venue.
jaaz is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 23:53   #3
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza Sports Limited Edition launched

A 90HP 'Sports' edition

Weren't these accesories already available as individuals items? What's the point of this then? To make a new brochure?
porsche_guy is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 00:21   #4
BANNED

Wow!! If this 90bhp engine is sports edition, then my Honda City with 117PS engine is a super car. Habits don’t go away so easily, and Maruti will come up with these kinds of editions at regular intervals till the end of this world.
pavi is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 10:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

This add-on accessory pack was available from day one at an additional cost of 30k. Some dealers even tried to sell it as a mandatory pack just like Extended Warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
What's the point of this then? To make a new brochure?
The reason behind this new gimmick is purely Hyundai's Venue. The Venue is an amazing package which got good attention in the market ( already 15k+ booking). Whatever experts and MSIL says but MSIL is surely scared with Venue's launch. MSIL can't come up with a Petrol engine with Brezza overnight, So they have to do this kind of gimmicks.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th May 2019 at 12:04. Reason: Corrected typo as requested.
SJM1214 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 10:56   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Why Sport ?

This treatment / changes deserved the RS Badge !
karan561 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 14:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Why Sport ?

This treatment / changes deserved the RS Badge !
I am sorry but the RS name doesn't come easy. It needs to have a different coloured skirts and spoiler, and have gaudy stickers to qualify as an RS. This unfortunately does not have that.

And unfortunately even Toyota cannot save us, as they are too lazy and will change only the badge of the Vitara Brezza to make their version.
aravind.anand is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 14:44   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

A few streets down in my neighborhood someone had done this many years ago to Brezza , maybe he got the first prototype, it also had more sports badges all over.

Brezza can do with less visible plastics , which are okay on a smaller vehicle like a Kwid.
Old 26th May 2019, 15:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Maruti usually starts coming up with such funny editions when the product is nearing its end and a new version is required in the face of competition. I think these limited editions will be 'developed' at the dealer level.

On a side note, Maruti is milking existing customers by offering all these limited edition plastics and seat covers at 30000 INR, don't think its worth that much. And there are much better looking seat covers available in the after-market.
NiInJa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 10:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

There is a very good chance that the reason for this edition is a high inventory of the yellow seat covers, side cladding and the dual tone door sill plates!

Knowing Maruti, they will do anything to push sales of existing stock (in this case not the car but the accessories... ). Over the years we have had tons of such 'special editions' but the most notable for me are the Alto 'Dhoni' and Anniversary editions. I pray for the dealers and salesmen who have to upsell these to customers by some way or the other. Luckily, in my salesman days, I didn't have any Ciaz special editions except for RS which came with a black interior. I would have gone mad selling such recycled editions to customers.

As pointed by others, these accessories used to be available since day 1, but now the company has just bundled it together.
blackwasp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 10:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

They are indeed pushing existing stocks as a birdie tells me the Brezza is going to get a makeover. The full-fledged Venue and the well-kitted XUV300, needs to be answered.
Old 27th May 2019, 10:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Just when you thought Toyota was running away with the crown for its Glanza farce, Maruti launches this superb time-tested rearguard action.
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 11:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

Yet another stickered limited edition from Maruti. As with all things Maruti, this will also sell well. I think this is why Maruti doesn't really bother launching real Sport editions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I am sorry but the RS name doesn't come easy. It needs to have a different coloured skirts and spoiler, and have gaudy stickers to qualify as an RS. This unfortunately does not have that.....
You missed out the most striking feature of the Swift RS variant - Black wheelcaps
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 11:42   #14
BHPian

MSIL better work on powerful engines for Sport edition cars. There is absolute no change in mechanicals of the car. How can they even think naming it sports edition with fancy clothes. Still they will find, lot of takers for these so called sports edition cars.
Old 27th May 2019, 14:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A 90HP 'Sports' edition
I swear....Who do you think we are Maruti?? Toyota?!!

But then again, I have long since stopped expecting anything significant from Maruti.

For all we know, we may soon see some cheap decals on a Brezza which Maruti will badge as Brezza RS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks