Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2019, 08:59   #1
BHPian

The Lexus UX Hybrid SUV. Will it come to India?

Lexus UX Hybrid SUV to launch in India ?

Lexus had revealed its entry-level SUV, the UX, at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show. The UX is Lexus’s answer to the growing entry-level luxury crossover space led by the BMW X1, Mercedes-Benz GLA and the Audi Q3. The name UX stands for Urban Explorer.

The Lexus UX Hybrid SUV. Will it come to India?-lexusux770x433.jpg

The UX is available as UX 200, UX 250h and Luxury and F SPORTS versions. While the UX 200 is powered by Toyota's inline-four, 2-litre engine which makes 181 bhp of maximum power and 204 Nm of peak torque, the UX250h has a hybrid powertrain along with the petrol engine. It is mated to an electronically controlled, 10-speed CVT gearbox.

The Lexus UX Hybrid SUV. Will it come to India?-img_20190604_082308.jpg

The Lexus UX Hybrid SUV. Will it come to India?-img_20190604_082258.jpg

The car stands on 18-inch alloys and comes with automatic LED headlights, proximity entry and push-button start, adaptive cruise control as standard. It also has forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, lane-keeping assist and Lexus Safety Connect emergency services.

The Lexus UX Hybrid SUV. Will it come to India?-b1ae572f0443482d8cfe9d09857a5953_c0x129870x489_x870.jpg

It has a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with phone app connectivity, in-car WiFi and satellite radio. It gets an optional Premium package which adds a sunroof, heated and ventilated front seats and automatic wipers. The company also offers many other upgrades as options, such as upgraded headlights, wireless smartphone charging, a heads-up display, and parking sensors.

The Lexus UX Hybrid SUV. Will it come to India?-1363832104.jpg

India launch ?

Lexus is likely to offer just the UX Hybrid version here as Lexus has chosen to only launch its greener and eco-friendly lineup of cars in the country to make a mark for itself in a market crowded with petrol and diesel-powered luxury cars. Like other cars from its portfolio, the UX will most likely be offered as a CBU (completely built unit) import and prices are expected to be in the vicinity of Rs 40 lakh. The car is expected to be launched in August 2019 in India.

Source
Source

The Lexus UX Hybrid SUV. Will it come to India?-images.jpeg

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 4th June 2019 at 11:57.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 09:00   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: The Lexus UX Hybrid SUV. Will it come to India?

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!

Don't know if it will come to India or not as Lexus is generally sleeping behind the wheel here. However, if & when it does, Lexus should look at CKD only, else it will be yet another overpriced dead-on-arrival product.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 07:08   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Lexus UX Hybrid SUV. Will it come to India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
[b]Lexus should look at CKD only, else it will be yet another overpriced dead-on-arrival product.
I agree! This is one product from Lexus which is kind of reasonably priced in other markets and can bring in some volume in India. But if they go on the CBU route, it will be an over-priced small cross-over. They can actually take some lessons from the likes of Volvo on getting it right in the Indian market.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 22:06   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I would probably be in the market in 2020 for a small sized SUV/Cross over that is a Hybrid or a Plug-in Hybrid. This could be an option but the Volvo designs might beat it.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 11:34   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
I would probably be in the market in 2020 for a small sized SUV/Cross over that is a Hybrid or a Plug-in Hybrid. This could be an option but the Volvo designs might beat it.
Saw this in the mall next to my office - more of a big hatchback than a crossover. But it actually looked pretty smart with the all-black treatment.

The Lexus UX Hybrid SUV. Will it come to India?-lexus-ux1.jpg
The Lexus UX Hybrid SUV. Will it come to India?-lexus-ux2.jpg
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 10:04   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Saw this in the mall next to my office - more of a big hatchback than a crossover. But it actually looked pretty smart with the all-black treatment.
Thank you very much for sharing this photo. While I like the looks of similar models of Volvo a lot more the sheer after sales support of Lexus has touched me a lot and this tugs me towards the ugly duckling:-) . Let's see what the scene is in end 2020.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 09:07   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Lexus has brought a few units of the UX 250h to India for testing purposes.

The Lexus UX Hybrid SUV. Will it come to India?-f075b93d6ddb47e7abc0ed9eb33faf6c.jpeg

The Lexus UX Hybrid SUV. Will it come to India?-9863b72edf7c4722811b60687d172be0.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 3rd March 2022 at 09:13.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks