Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2019, 21:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Behind the scenes: Toyota demonstrates its customer service initiatives (including Express Servi

Toyota Japan makes several low volume vehicles for sale world over, for instance the LC200 for US is made in Japan. They are so unaccommodating towards quality assurance, that any worker not displaying extreme dexterity and consistent workmanship, is immediately told to resign!
Old 20th August 2019, 09:34   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Behind the scenes: Toyota demonstrates its customer service initiatives (including Express Servi

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Why don’t you guys allow a customer who is out of warranty to fill his choice of fluids when he comes for service?

The last reply I received from my dealer was that one has to seek management approval for filling engine oil, brake fluid or any such thing.
I have always filled after market synthetic oils in my car, there was never an issue even when the car was in warranty. All I did was to explain the oil I gave was the same viscosity and API spec as their synthetic and they agreed. On that one occasion where the service advisor refused I asked to speak to the management and told them I'd simply take it to their branch, where people agree to a customers wish, for the annual service. He hurriedly agreed. Of course, had there be an issue with the engine they would have probably denied warranty coverage choosing to blame the aftermarket oil. It was a calculated risk on my part.

For spares, one of the dealers in Pune closed down (DSK) I contacted the 1 remaining dealer for spares (filters etc) and was refused. An email to TKM set them right. I got a call from the stores in charge at the dealership asking for the car's VIN and assuring me they would supply any consumable spare I wanted. So I purchased oil & air filters, coolant and brake fluid, just in case I had to get the car serviced at a FNG. Luckily TKM was quick to appoint another dealer who has been maintaining my car for the past 2 years.

I have found Toyota dealerships to be very cooperative in nearly all cases except the above instances. But an email to TKM, and the subsequent whack on the knuckles, always sets a dealer right.
Old 20th August 2019, 12:49   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I have always filled after market synthetic oils in my car, there was never an issue even when the car was in warranty. All I did was to explain the oil I gave was the same viscosity and API spec as their synthetic and they agreed. On that one occasion where the service advisor refused I asked to speak to the management and told them I'd simply take it to their branch, where people agree to a customers wish, for the annual service. He hurriedly agreed. Of course, had there be an issue with the engine they would have probably denied warranty coverage choosing to blame the aftermarket oil. It was a calculated risk on my part.

For spares, one of the dealers in Pune closed down (DSK) I contacted the 1 remaining dealer for spares (filters etc) and was refused. An email to TKM set them right. I got a call from the stores in charge at the dealership asking for the car's VIN and assuring me they would supply any consumable spare I wanted. So I purchased oil & air filters, coolant and brake fluid, just in case I had to get the car serviced at a FNG. Luckily TKM was quick to appoint another dealer who has been maintaining my car for the past 2 years.

I have found Toyota dealerships to be very cooperative in nearly all cases except the above instances. But an email to TKM, and the subsequent whack on the knuckles, always sets a dealer right.
This is certainly an exception because even after 3 months of me lodging the complaint, I have not received any positive response from Tkm or the dealer, Lakozy Toyota, Andheri East. I’ll touch base with you.
Old 20th August 2019, 13:31   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
This is certainly an exception because even after 3 months of me lodging the complaint, I have not received any positive response from Tkm or the dealer, Lakozy Toyota, Andheri East. I’ll touch base with you.
Hey bro, your Inbox is full and I can't send you a PM with my contact #. You should delete some redundant messages.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks