Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2019, 11:32   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan Kicks diesel available in base XE trim. Launched at Rs. 9.89 lakh

Keep in mind, Nissan had the most shutdowns with 44 dealer outlets closing in the 18-months through April 2019
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 16:37   #17
BHPian

Saw a parked Kicks from side and many mistook the profile to be a Lexus.

How is the overall quality of the vehicle vis-à-vis build quality, refinement, safety in terms of sturdiness etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Most underrated car
Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
P.S : I just love the way kicks looks and what it is as a package!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Great VFM product in these times of eyewatering prices everywhere.
I am not looking to buy the vehicle, but I am seeing a lot of comments that praise the car and can only find fault in terms of its price and A.S.S. So I am curious to see how it stacks up against the other brands.

Just want to know how it stacks up against the cars from say Honda, Hyundai etc.
dragntailonfire is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 22:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Kicks diesel available in base XE trim. Launched at Rs. 9.89 lakh

I sense an opportunity for Renault here. With Nissan showrooms shutting down by the dozens, why cannot Renault just rebadge this car as a Renault? The new Duster is not going to change anything for them as yet, the Captur is now as obsolete as a Koleos or a Fluence. And the next gen Duster is at least 1 year away. Why cannot they cash in on the Kicks? Just rebadge, change some bits in the bumper, and price it aggressively. At least Renault stands a chance. Not Nissan.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 08:39   #19
BHPian

The lack of an AT option is mind boggling. One wonders what the management is thinking.
Old 9th August 2019, 11:00   #20
BHPian

As a standalone launch, the Nissan Kicks XE does look to be a great proposition, especially when you compare with the sub 4 m SUVs with which the pricing overlaps. Rather than going for a Nexon or XUV300 petrol top variant, customers can opt for this diesel XE which seems to be decently loaded. I had TD a Kicks couple of months back and I really liked the ride quality and steering. The design too is sharp and flashy but well executed. It is now up to the dealers to take advantage of the product.
vshankarhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 11:13   #21
BHPian

I dont understand why we say ASS is one of the sore points of Nissan.
If I compare with Kia and MG for which customers are queuing up, doesn't have so many touch points or service centre as much as Nissan have in India. Additionally there reliability is such a big question mark in comparison to Nissan(yet to hear about an unreliable Nissan).
Kicks is a well engineered and proven product and when I checked it out few months back, it impressed me quite a lot. If I compare it with the segment leader Creta, interiors of kick speak exuberance and i found them better if not the best.

P.S Though I may sound like one, but I'm not a Nissan fan boy. I'm just appreciating their effort on Kicks.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 11:56   #22
BHPian

IIRC when the Duster was launched way back, everyone had only good words about its ride & handling. I read somewhere a few months ago that it still has the best ride & handling in the segment.

Isn't the kicks made on the same platform? I feel that Kicks has a tried & tested engine as well & platform but still why people think it's not worth it?
Old 9th August 2019, 12:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parth.jain View Post
Isn't the kicks made on the same platform? I feel that Kicks has a tried & tested engine as well & platform but still why people think it's not worth it?
I used to hear from a friend who previously worked in Nissan plant that the QA process is really shoddy and halfhearted. Even if the product is good, the particular piece you receive might not be a good one. But this was a good 4 years ago, and he has moved on to other things now.

My opinion about the Renault/Nissan brand was formed by what he used to say earlier. But I am seeing a lot of good comments here and I am wondering if they did a turn around or something.

Quote:
IIRC when the Duster was launched way back, everyone had only good words about its ride & handling. I read somewhere a few months ago that it still has the best ride & handling in the segment.
From what I have experienced, the ride quality is among the best, however, the few Dusters I personally know about has aged very poorly. The ergonomics is weird and interiors really unattractive to begin with, add to that a lot of rattles inside the cabin with long term ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Kicks is a well engineered and proven product and when I checked it out few months back, it impressed me quite a lot. If I compare it with the segment leader Creta, interiors of kick speak exuberance and i found them better if not the best.
This is the kind of comment I was looking for. Till now I was just seeing a lot of praise, but there were no comparisons with other cars.
dragntailonfire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 13:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
From what I have experienced, the ride quality is among the best, however, the few Dusters I personally know about has aged very poorly. The ergonomics is weird and interiors really unattractive to begin with, add to that a lot of rattles inside the cabin with long term ownership.
I know someone who has a duster and has clocked around 1.5 lakh kms and he is pretty happy with it.

With regards to Ergonomics and interiors, I think it has been addressed with the Kicks since all of the interior is new. But can't comment on the rattles part, the guy I know has no such complaints.

Maybe it's just me, but I see Kicks as a very much improved version of the duster/terranno with one of their major negative points (interiors) have been addressed.

If I was looking for a car in this segment, Kicks would have been a major contender. Most of the cars in these segments are new, only Creta & Kicks are tried & tested, the latter feels much more solid.
Old 9th August 2019, 13:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parth.jain View Post
I know someone who has a duster and has clocked around 1.5 lakh kms and he is pretty happy with it.

With regards to Ergonomics and interiors, I think it has been addressed with the Kicks since all of the interior is new. But can't comment on the rattles part, the guy I know has no such complaints.
My 2014 Terrano XE's current odometer reading is 1,46,000 kms. There is absolutely no rattling, no squeaking noise from anywhere. My 2 months old XUV makes more noises while going through rough patches.

It is a handsome looking car, I was so ecstatic with my ownership experience that I even considered another Terrano.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Kicks diesel available in base XE trim. Launched at Rs. 9.89 lakh-20190809_133627.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 15:03   #26
BHPian

I happen to be one of those 187 or so folks who bought a Nissan kicks in June'19. I fell short of buying Ecosport Titanium+ D (or whatever the pre-revision second variant from top was called) when it still had Sunroof and Sync3. Then just cancelled the booking for Ciaz petrol Top end manual, haggled with Honda dealers for good deal on City ZXi (with the understanding that sedans are not selling , not even City), and had earlier booked and TDed the Venue SX DCT GDI, which is where from the sudden exercise had begun on 19th May '19. While doing this, I was driving a nearing 90K Km Ritz VXI 2012 (pre-VVT), in peach condition.

Well what I despised most in Ritz were its wide A and B pillars. And Here I am having huge A pillar in this Kicks XV (P), which has done more than 2K Kms, including a trip to Ramnagar from Delhi/NCR. Precisely, the scheduled Trip to Ramnagar was a trigger for driving there in a new one. That is why Kicks suited most as the dealer had stocks! And buying was pretty quick and remotely executed job, with most running around and haggling by my Son. I go a decent Exchange plus bonus for Ritz, or at least that is what I was told by the Neo Nissan guys. (Well, the other thing i despised in the Ritz was the anti-roll stiffening, making ride really hard, especially in obliques, but making it possible to do 150 confidently on clear stretches.)

They readily brought the vehicle for TD to a distant home and provided long and 'offroading' TDs.

Speaking of words from horse's mouth, it is a mixed bag. It ticks a lot of differential boxes, like, inter alia:
1. It is a biggish C-SUV, my taller than average children having OKayed.
2. It has width on paper as well as seats 3 in the rear without much shoulder-rubs.
3. The head-turner, it looks great, to me and most others (and is found too too less).
4. Its H4K (HR15DE) Engine has decent Mid range torque, useful in area like Delhi/NCR, where one would like to drive, drive-ably, in highest gear with reserve power at around 2K rpm and about 60ish. Actually mid range kick makes it feel like a Turbo D and gives same or better 20 to 80 experience as Creta CRDI 1.6 L.
5. Has some bells as whistles like Android Auto/Apple Car play, Rear defogger and wiper, a DRL (dimmest one) etc.
6. Has trumpet horn.
7. Has sleek 17mm alloys, something which was shown first by the Demo Executive 6-7 months back when it was first displayed in Mall of India, NOIDA. She insisted that I had a look even when I told that I had no plans of buying a new car.
8. Has ok ride and handling, roles as much or more as ritz did in 70s.
9. Hard to take it to or at lest sustain 120+speeds.
10. and, it makes good noise when you press the peddle.

Speaking of pressing the peddle, after last refill, it has started showing an average mileage of 10.5KM/L, up from the 9ish so far, against promised 14.
Mechy_74 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 16:50   #27
BHPian

Ok, I went and took a test drive with couple of friends to satisfy my curiosity: colour me impressed. Drove for 5kms and sat behind for some time as well. Suspension, as previously experienced in duster, is excellent. Interiors as mentioned above in this thread is quite premium as well. If I am looking to buy a car, this will definitely be a strong contender.
dragntailonfire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 19:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

We all know in Indian car industry once a failure will always be a failure. There might be few exceptions but most cars haven't been able to recover. Introduction of this new model is pointless. As a manufacturer no car can save Nissan's fortune unless they decide to rebuild them self from scratch.
Old 9th August 2019, 20:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechy_74 View Post
Speaking of pressing the peddle, after last refill, it has started showing an average mileage of 10.5KM/L, up from the 9ish so far, against promised 14.
That is low, my Terrano still returns 16+ (According to MID). In winters without AC, I have seen nos as high 21 kmpl.

The current mileage of my Terrano is 1.46 lacs.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 20:27   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
That is low, my Terrano still returns 16+ (According to MID). In winters without AC, I have seen nos as high 21 kmpl.

The current mileage of my Terrano is 1.46 lacs.
I am around 1 lakh kms behind BANDHAV ! But I totally agree that the car is magical to drive. i know it is !

I always prefer to go to office by bike, but ever since we got the Terrano I am always looking for a chance to go by car!

I have already written about Nissan's service in other threads and do not wish to repeat everything here again. Both Surya Nissan and Shawar Nissan have both been excellent with their service for three years now.

When people say Nissan's service is pathetic, read that exactly as you would read 'Maruthi's service is cheap'.

The idiots in Nissan are probably in their top management and marketing teams. Ridiculous pricing strategies and not introducing an automatic Kicks at launch are evidence of that.

And why are some even bothered about the platform being old and all that?
Are we buying the car to use it or take it inside a lab for running some experiments?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th August 2019 at 08:00. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
Nalin1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks