Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2019, 11:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

The 2019 Tata Nexon Kraz edition, now launched at Rs. 7.57 lakh

Tata Motors has released a teaser video of the 2019 Nexon Kraz edition.

The short clip features a black Nexon with orange accents on the grille. Like the previous Kraz edition, the new model could also get a contrast colour roof and orange highlights on the ORVMs and alloy wheels. A similar theme could be carried over into the interior with orange AC vents and contrast stitching for the upholstery.

Like the previous model, the 2019 Nexon Kraz edition could be offered with petrol and diesel engine options. These include a 1.2-litre, turbocharged petrol engine with 108 BHP and 170 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel producing 108 BHP and 260 Nm. Both engines are likely to be paired with a 6-speed manual transmission.

Source: Rushlane

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 13:44   #2

Re: 2019 Tata Nexon Kraz edition teaser out

Wow. I don't understand the constant attempt of Tata to rebadge and make minimal cosmetic changes to their existing inventory and trying to increase numbers instead of actually adding features.

Same thing with the Harrier! In the case of Nexon, the industry asks for a better gearbox, more airbags, smart connectivity features. And what TaMo does is add bright colored highlights.

Just wow.
karan10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 14:09   #3
BANNED

This is the 2018 craz edition.
Now mentally substitute the lime green with the orange, and you have the 2019 craz edition.
Even maruti suzuki and vw put more effort in their limited editions. Well, for one, they don't repeat the names.

simeonovitch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 16:31   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan10 View Post
Wow. I don't understand the constant attempt of Tata to rebadge and make minimal cosmetic changes to their existing inventory and trying to increase numbers instead of actually adding features.
Just wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
Now mentally substitute the lime green with the orange, and you have the 2019 craz edition.
Even maruti suzuki and vw put more effort in their limited editions. Well, for one, they don't repeat the names.
There is a slight difference though. I might be wrong but from what I know, the KRAZ limited edition is a sort of anniversary celebration edition every year. Its like a "Happy Birthday Nexon!". Its not a facelift or some sort of a knee jerk "limited edition".

I hope this time around they base it on the XT+ instead of the XM that lacked quite a few features - especially the alloys. With the machine cut alloys even the previous gen KRAZ would have looked leaps and bounds better. My 2 cents.
Reinhard is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 16:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

I had checked Kraz edition last year and found those green inserts, paint work, and interior changes very nice. It looked bit odd in pictures and videos. Those green touches had class own its own. As @Reinhard mentioned, it will look better on top variants.
Latheesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 07:23   #6
BHPian

Quote:

Same thing with the Harrier! In the case of Nexon, the industry asks for a better gearbox, more airbags, smart connectivity features. And what TaMo does is add bright colored highlights.

Just wow.
By better gearbox I assume you are referring to the automatic since there's absolutely nothing wrong with the manual 6 speed and it's a fantastic gearbox. Also, talking about the AMT, it's one of the better implementations of the technology and isn't as bad as say Marutis "AGS".

And I have met several Nexon owners offline and online and not one had a complaint about the "poor performance" of the AMT. It's not an enthusiast's pick but it more than does the job for the mass market. So why fix something that ain't broken?

Besides, with the Nexon facelift, the Nexon will get many features, some of which are auto headlamps/wipers, cruise control, better quality steering wheel, to name a few. I also assume more airbags will be added since the Brezza will probably get it and Tata wouldn't want maruti, of all companies, to flaunt their "safety".

Imo, the Kraz edition is done nicely when looked in person and isn't as bad as some Maruti contraptions from half a decade ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
What do you mean by "put more effort"? You simply cannot include VW in that list because facelifting is all they do, it's basically their India strategy right now. And what "effort" is Maruti putting into their cars? Judging by the horrendous limited editions (thank God they were limited) they launched some years back, I'd prefer not to have a Nexon like that.

Last edited by SaiSW : 5th September 2019 at 07:30.
SaiSW is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 07:46   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
What do you mean by "put more effort"? You simply cannot include VW in that list because facelifting is all they do, it's basically their India strategy right now. And what "effort" is Maruti putting into their cars? Judging by the horrendous limited editions (thank God they were limited) they launched some years back, I'd prefer not to have a Nexon like that.

To each his own, mate.

I've seen the kraz in person (hell, I see it everyday, on my morning walk), and that lime green accent looks hideous, and borderline juvenile.
For what it is, it's just a cosmetic sticker job, and a horrible one at that.

Atleast maruti and VW make good stickers.
simeonovitch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 07:52   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Both engines are likely to be paired with a 6-speed manual transmission.
Friendly birdie informs that the Kraz edition will be coming in AMT too. Confirmed.

Quote:
There is no doubt that special editions help to move the metal. Customers like a little bit of spice.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 10:19   #9
BHPian

Quote:
In the case of Nexon, the industry asks for a better gearbox, more airbags, smart connectivity features.
Just wow.
What is wrong with the gearbox? I have one and it isn't bad at all. More airbags and connectivity I'd probably agree but not the gearbox.
nikhilthegunner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 11:18   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
What is wrong with the gearbox? I have one and it isn't bad at all. More airbags and connectivity I'd probably agree but not the gearbox.
I think he must be referring to the AMT, otherwise there's not much point in his statement. Although the AMT implementation is pretty good in the Nexon, I would still like atleast a robust torque converter because the diesel 1.5 is a jewel of an engine. Loads of torque, would be put to better use in a better quality automatic.
Old 5th September 2019, 11:18   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

When I saw the thread topic, I read Tata Nexon Kraz as Tata Nexon Cras(s). It took me a second read to understand that it wasnt to be pronounced the Crass edition but was actually the Crazy edition.

Thanks to current advertising and social media messaging, we Indians tend to interchange the letters C and K as well as S and Z to make it look more kool errr cool. Also, we traditionally do not pronounce the letter z as zee which is the American way but have been taught it to be pronounced as zed.

On second thoughts, thank heavens that I didnt read it as the Tata Nexon Crazed edition teaser out

As for the actual car, Ive seen last year's variant up close and it looked like something that would appeal more to a younger crowd (say in their late 20's) than others but definitely it is a good way for Tata to garner more sales.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 11:46   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Just wow.
At least TATA did do a good job with Tiago and Tigor JTP. They were not just minor sticker jobs like how maruti did with Celerio. And you find that they put more effort in adding an 'X' after Celerio? You can't get more biased than that!

And looking at how the JTP sales have been, its better that TATA sticks with what its doing with Nexon. Cause i don't think we as a consumer appreciate performance and quality when you go around saying maruti has been putting 'efforts' in their celerio and other contraptions while clearly neglecting the JTP lineup! Sometimes i feel we don't deserve better cars. Just a body on wheels which has all the bells and whistles will do for most of us rather than getting the fundamentals sorted!

With the face-lift round the corner i guess this is TATA's attempts in pushing stocks before the launch. Am already dreading to see their sales figures for August!
abhi7013 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 12:41   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Wow. I don't understand the constant attempt of Tata to rebadge and make minimal cosmetic changes to their existing inventory and trying to increase numbers instead of actually adding features. Same thing with the Harrier! In the case of Nexon, the industry asks for a better gearbox, more airbags, smart connectivity features. And what TaMo does is add bright colored highlights.
Tata's are one of the companies who are really trying something. And even if there are some cosmetic changes, what is the harm in it.

Last edited by SmartCat : 5th September 2019 at 21:35. Reason: Language / Tone
Palio_2005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 13:04   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Friendly birdie informs that the Kraz edition will be coming in AMT too. Confirmed.
GTO,
Currently I have deferred the purchase of Nexon AMT due to lack of cruise control. Spy images show that the face-lift might get cruise control.

Is it possible to check with the birdie for the possible launch date of Nexon face-lift? Some portals claim that the launch date is March 2020, some say 2019 year end and some say 2019 festival season.
Old 6th September 2019, 15:03   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Is it possible to check with the birdie for the possible launch date of Nexon face-lift? Some portals claim that the launch date is March 2020, some say 2019 year end and some say 2019 festival season.
Disclosing a launch date via contact on a hot forum like TBHP? The birdie will be traced, hunted down & sold as a KFC bucket. Whatever else - the insiders never mention anything about launch dates now a days. They'll unfriend you if you ask too many times. So don't expect the date to come as an insider information.

Its more than certain that the Nexon will get cruise control though. Facelifts of that magnitude are accompanied by price bumps also (regardless of slowdown mind you). So you decide whether you are okay to spend that much more or want to save right now when the market is dead and showroom owners are willing to offer their kidneys for free too. And join the Nexon gang soon .
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks