Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Automobile fire sale Q1 2020?
Naah, Govt will extend the date. 51 13.60%
Yes I will wait for a Fire sale. But current slowdown has nothing to do with my decision to wait. 168 44.80%
Yes I will wait. I know others who are waiting. Slowdown is getting worse due to this. 125 33.33%
I cant wait. I need my car now. 31 8.27%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2019, 21:44   #76
BHPian

Re: Car buyers - Are you awaiting an automobile fire sale in Q1 2020?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
How many cars have started rolling out BS6 versions, or at least have them ready
Almost ZERO.
None from BMW, VW, Skoda, Hyundai, Honda yet. In 2 months we will be in 2020. What are these car makers waiting for?
Old 25th October 2019, 12:00   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
Almost ZERO.
... What are these car makers waiting for?
Almost Zero ! Why would you say so?

Car buyers - Are you awaiting an automobile fire sale in Q1 2020?-zig_bs6.jpg

Source: Zig Wheels

Add the Audi A6 & Maruti S-Presso on the list also.

Car buyers - Are you awaiting an automobile fire sale in Q1 2020?-spresso121068x601.jpg

Source : Gaadiwaadi

That's a fairly large choice of range, maybe others are planning in Jan'20 only.

And since it is speculated that Diesel BS6 Engines, require BS6 fuel, that is why big diesel launches are pending.

Last edited by Moto$apien : 25th October 2019 at 12:29.
Old 25th October 2019, 12:25   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
Almost Zero ! Why would you say so ..
If you exclude Maruti, almost nothing. Glanza is a Maruti too. No SUV, no diesels except maybe Mercs.

My comment was more indicative than numeric.
Old 25th October 2019, 13:30   #79
BHPian

Naah,

I will buy a car the moment I feel the need. I have brought mine in September 2019.

Reason is simple: A major portion of my entire hard earned money is in an account in one single Bank. Given the context of the present economic turmoil, I am not prepared for a shock when I learn that the same Bank is declared bankrupt only a day prior to the auspicious day on which I intended to book my car in 2020, and I end up receiving a mere Rs 1 lakh as compensation.
Old 25th October 2019, 14:06   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Naah,

I will buy a car the moment I feel the need.

Reason is simple: A major portion of my entire hard earned money is in an account in one single Bank.
OT: I respect your opinion to buy a car whenever you feel the need for it, but I seriously urge you to diversify your investments. Keeping all (or most of) your eggs in one basket is a very risky affair, as you yourself have pointed out.
nikipedia87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 14:21   #81
BHPian

I am currently looking to buy a new car in the next 3 months but am waiting.. NOT for a fire sale but simply for clarity. I don't mind shelling out fair price but want to know what the new models/engines will look like.

During my test drives I asked the same question to XC40, Tiguan and X1 SA's - What is the scenario of these cars next year? Will they discontinue the models (eg. Tiguan), will they upgrade the engine, bring a new version (X1 Diesel ?), add AdBlue/SCR/NOX or do nothing(XC40, X1 petrol) but not one dealer has reverted back. No answer. Nada. Their stock answer is .. "we have not been updated by the company" or "this engine is already Euro6 compliant, so ... ". A couple of SA's whispered something about "just a software update" at the service dealer to upgrade it for the new fuel.

It it this lack of clarity which is creating confusion.
VPJ74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 12:00   #82
BANNED

Carmakers withdraw high discounts as inventory falls after fire sale. Experts believe consumer offers will further go down when the industry nears the complete adoption of BS-VI vehicles from April 2020.
Quote:
As consumers bought cars in good numbers during the past festive period on the back of high discounts, car makers have withdrawn the fire sale offers on most of the models, since inventory has come down to normal levels. Maruti Suzuki has cut down the discounts on its popular models sold through Arena chain of dealerships like Alto 800, Swift, Dzire and Vitara Brezza by anywhere between Rs 5,000 to Rs 20,000, dealers said. The Alto 800 till Dhanteras was sold with a total cash discount of Rs 25,000, which has now come down to Rs 15,000. Dzire, which carried a cash offer of Rs 35,000 earlier, is now being sold with sops of Rs 20,000. A cash discount of over Rs 50,000 on Vitara Brezza has come down to around Rs 30,000.

However, other sops including exchange bonus and free five year warranty are still available, making the overall package still attractive. Experts believe consumer offers will further go down when the industry nears the complete adoption of BS-VI vehicles from April 2020.
Quote:
Analysts said retails during the festive period in October were much higher than wholesales. “This was supported by a jump in discounts, which are likely to normalize from November,” analysts at Nomura noted. Following a year-long slowdown in demand due to several factors, which hiked car prices, manufacturers offered highest-ever discounts since July-August to boost sales and clear the excess inventory, which had piled up from the festival period of 2018, owing to poor retail demand. The discounts helped the companies bring down the BS-IV stock to comfortable levels following aggressive production cuts in the past eight months and before they prepare to launch BS-VI compliant vehicles from January 2020 onwards.

Manufacturers need to keep limited BS-IV inventory and start pushing BS-VI stocks as any unit unsold after March 31, 2020, will either become a scrap or will be exported to neighboring countries. Analysts said manufacturers focus on inventory normalization has sharpened. “Inventory has now generally receded to about a month for most,” analysts at Edelwiess said.

Analysts at Axis Capital believe that complete recovery in demand may still take time and robust October sales happened only due to highest ever offers. “This uptick was driven by bunching up of demand and push factor of high discounts offered by OEMs. We also believe that sustained recovery will take time,” they wrote.
  • FE had on October 21 reported that the country's largest car maker had pulled back the festive season discounts by up to 40% on premium models sold through the Nexa chain, including Baleno and Ciaz. Shashank Srivastava, executive director-sales & marketing, Maruti Suzuki, had last month told FE that the existing schemes will end soon after Diwali as these offers are not sustainable in the long run. “We won't be having these fire sales as dealers are not carrying enough BS-IV stock,” Srivastava had said.
  • Hyundai Motor India has partially pulled back cash discounts from models like i10, i20 and Creta. Dealers said while cash offers on i10, i20 have been reduced to Rs 15,000 from Rs 30,000 earlier, Creta is being sold with an offer of Rs 20,000 against Rs 35,000, which was offered till Dhanteras.
  • Mahindra & Mahindra, Tata Motors and Honda Cars India have also cut down on consumer offers in the range of Rs 10,000 to Rs 40,000.
Source: Financial Express
Old 7th January 2020, 10:53   #83
BHPian

Seems like the best discounts on offer were during Oct-Nov. With Maruti and Hyundai atleast, I doubt if there will be a firesale to clear the BS4 stocks.

Case in point - I have been interacting with a couple of dealers for Hyundai Venue and Maruti Celerio X. In both the cases, they have cleared 2019 stocks (think there was only 1 Venue left from 2019). As per Maruti dealer, 2020 Celerios will be coming with BS6 engine. As per Hyundai, they may get a BS4 or BS6.

So, at least with models that are selling well or relatively well, manufacturers seem to have cleared 2019 stocks and are in the process of switching over to BS6, rather than waiting till the deadline.
Old 21st February 2020, 15:35   #84
BHPian

Writing to check if there's an inventory of manufacturer/ model wise list of discounts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks