Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2019, 19:21   #1
BHPian

Pro editions of Tata models launched, with more features

RushLane: Tata Harrier, Hexa, Nexon, Tigor, Tiago - PRO editions launched, price details.
https://www.rushlane.com/tata-pro-ed...-12324648.html

Tata have apparently gone "pro" with their models.
I wonder if it would have an impact on the sales numbers.
sunsetorange is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 19:30   #2
BHPian

re: Pro editions of Tata models launched, with more features

I think they have gone "Pro" because of impacted sales numbers. The Pro models do add value to the line-up. Nice work !
I really feel bad for TATA. They are such a great ethical company but their luck is really bad.
Harrier is such a great car but during their gestation time of R&D to production, the market evolved so quickly TATA did not adapt fast enough. The market demands gadgets, sun roofs, gimmicks, then why not add them. May be in their 'Pro Max' models eh ?!

Last edited by deepjaju : 20th September 2019 at 19:50.
deepjaju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 19:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Great move! I applaud it. Just one question; will these goodies be loaded at the dealership or its from factory? I would prefer factory finish. Nexon deserved an Automatic sunroof (like Harrier), rather than manual.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 19:54   #4
BHPian

Other features are fine but that aftermarket sunroof looks cheap and reliability is still a question.
Tata should start offering proper sunroofs in their flagship cars like the Hexa, Harrier and Nexon from the factory itself rather than this jugaad sort of a thing.
Nazaar25 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 01:43   #5
BHPian

Good move by Tata. The market demands a "Sun-roof" at-least in the premium Hexa and Harrier category. Specially as the competition offers it. The article mentions Tiago in the title but offers no cost or details for the Tiago "Pro"? Would be same as the Tigor?

Last edited by adi.mariner : 21st September 2019 at 01:46.
Old 21st September 2019, 01:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Looks like 'Pro' thing becoming a trend. MacBooks, iPhones, android phones and now Tata cars?

I'm not complaining about the price considering the addition of a sunroof. Hope it is well designed and not a dealer install.
Old 21st September 2019, 04:54   #7
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2019 at 12:47.
Sandeep500 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 21st September 2019, 07:30   #8
BHPian

No way tata is going to change the tooling for couple of hundred pro edition they sell in all 5 models. It a very tedious process and can take months of testing for leaks. The statement mentions clearly that these cars are accessorized; Hence dealer fitments only.
Vulken Auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 07:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

This is useless, where is the automatic?? That should have been on the top of the list; when Hexa has an automatic why not the Harrier? The biggest bug in the ointment in the Harrier experience is not having an automatic.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 07:17   #10
BHPian

It is sad to see such desperate band-aid approach by Tata. Some big heads need to roll for putting the company in this pitiful situation.

App based TPMS - that's lame.
Reverse camera with display integrated in the IRVM - good luck trying to figure out the images.
Manual sun roof - i am speechless.
Magnetic sunshades - you get these at traffic signals.
Armrest - would be interesting to see how exactly it would be.
Wireless mobile holder - again this would be interesting to see what exactly it would be. Looking at the way they went about implementing above "pro" features, I have a very strong feeling that this holder needs to be pushed into the air vent.
m2avg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 12:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pro editions of Tata models launched, with more features

Too little, too late.

Hyundai Creta and Xuv500 were stealing SUV sales from Tata since years. Tata Should've loaded the vehicles with all these features at launche itself. When sales dont takeoff at launch, the damage is done.

Secondly, rather than an aftermarket package, these should be integrated as topline factory models. When customers see the extra price, it will have a negative effect vis-a-vis competition.
Old 25th September 2019, 18:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Here are the brochures of Tata Motors Pro Editions

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this page!

Last week, Tata Motors introduced accessory packs for its range of cars called Pro Editions. These brochures reveal the exact prices of the individual accessories that are being offered.

Pro editions of Tata models launched, with more features-img20190923wa0016.jpg

The Tiago and Tigor Pro Edition kits are available at a cost of Rs. 29,999. Both cars come with a pop up sunroof (Rs. 16,856), ambient mood lighting (Rs. 5,778), magnetic sunshades (Rs. 3,599) and arm rest (Rs. 5,585). The Tiago gets a reverse camera with TFT display which is priced at Rs. 5,762, while the Tigor gets a vehicle tracking system which is priced at Rs. 6,499.

Pro editions of Tata models launched, with more features-img20190923wa0017.jpg

The Nexon Pro Edition kit is available for Rs. 37,999. It includes a pop up sunroof (Rs. 16,856), magnetic sunshades (Rs. 3,749), ambient mood lighting (Rs. 5,778) and vehicle tracking system (Rs. 6,499). Additionally, it gets an app based TPMS (Rs. 10,737) and front parking sensors (Rs. 3,928).

Pro editions of Tata models launched, with more features-img20190923wa0018.jpg

The Hexa Pro Edition kit is priced at Rs. 99,999. It includes an automatic sunroof (Rs. 90,926), front parking sensors (Rs. 3,928), wireless mobile holder (Rs. 3,794), app based TPMS (Rs. 10,737) and ambient lighting (Rs. 5,778).

Pro editions of Tata models launched, with more features-img20190923wa0019.jpg

The Harrier Pro Edition kit is priced at Rs. 1,09,999. It includes an automatic sunroof that costs Rs. 92,500, sunshades (Rs. 4,436), front parking sensors (Rs. 3,928), wireless mobile holder (Rs. 3,794), app based TPMS (Rs. 10,737), ambient lighting (Rs. 5,778), bonnet mascot (Rs. 1,769), humanity line in chrome (Rs. 3,085) and chrome exhaust (Rs. 1,680).

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 20:13   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2avg View Post
Reverse camera with display integrated in the IRVM - good luck trying to figure out the images.
My Ciaz came with factory fitted reverse camera with display on IRVM. I can easily see the images and had no problems so far. The IRVM is very close to our head and hence is much more convenient than looking at the media unit based reverse camera. After using both types, I feel that both have pros and cons. However I have never faced issue with the images or brightness of IRVM based reverse camera. Yes, the size is small but that is very much sufficient for the purpose (identify obstacles).
Vians is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 22:02   #14
BHPian

A quick question for the people in the know:

The pricing of just the Sunroof is what my question revolves around.

INR 16,856 for Tiago, Tigor and Nexon which I understand is a manual sunroof, and INR 90,926 for Hexa and 92,500 for the Harrier, both of which are automatic, i.e. electronic.

My question is, there are motors in the Automatic ones. Do they really cost that much? Or is it that there is a need to reinforce the roofs themselves or the padding for these 2 which is not required for the other 3?

Thanks in advance for the answer!
Old 25th September 2019, 22:30   #15
BHPian

How much do the Webasto sunroofs cost? Price comparison needs to be done.
For hexa not sure whether roof strengthening is required since it's a ladder frame design. But for Tiago, Tigor, Nexon it certainly will need roof reinforcement.
Not sure what the dealership will be doing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks