Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2019, 12:32   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
The SMS came from Pune Police, as my car is registered in Pune. I received the SMS immediately after keying in my car details into the echallan site. The text is somewhat like:

"Pune Traffic Police Congratulates you for abiding by traffic rules. Redeem the coupon code XXX - visit www.aabhar.punepolice.gov.in. "

I am sure they would be running a similar campaign in other cities as well. A good initiative i would say, however small it is. Appreciating good behaviour.

So have you redeemed it ? One of my cars has a Pune number so even when I went to pune police website it gave me the same alert. What do you get when you redeem ?
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 12:59   #32
BHPian

Re: Mumbai: Arrest warrants against those with pending e-challans

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
Arrest Warrant for a few thousand rupees outstanding fine.. what next, make it non bailable as well ?

Honestly, The department needs to make an honest effort to recover money, may be send recovery agents to the address (they can claim visiting charges if need be) before arresting every one out there.. Hope the courts have enough sense to strike it down.. but who knows it brings more business for the lawyers so it may pass through as well.
It won't work entirely that way. I am actually glad that the Police has decided to go strict on non-payers, because there are plenty who are taking their challans for granted and not bothering to pay. The fear of being taken to court itself will force most to shell out the fines.

Mumbai has millions of two-wheelers, three wheelers and four wheelers on the road to make it humanely possible for the Police to do spot checking, or sending recovery agents to people's homes.

The time for exclusive Traffic Courts has come. In general the masses are afraid of courts and a traffic court will seem more approachable, without an errant driver fearing she'll be thrown to jail for not paying a 200 rupee fine.

Secondly, most importantly, the courts will streamline the right to appeal, which I understand is currently limited to one email id. It will make it easier for both the driver and the cops to manage, with clearly defined procedures. God knows how the Traffic Police manages to sort and respond to thousands of such queries without a proper system (or maybe I don't know about it).

Also important that the Police stop making exceptions or take their pedal off the gas on challans. I am seeing much more blatant traffic violations now. For example, I drive on the Bandra Worli Sea Link daily. It has ample speed cameras, speed limit signages are prominently displayed, yet each time I see so many cars going at excessive speeds and driving very dangerously. Why is there no fear of the law, even in such a controlled environment?

I wish to see the Police come down heavily on two wheelers who are a menace - wrong side driving, cutting through signals, dangerous driving, much else. The fear of the courts will perhaps introduce many of them to the concept of traffic rules, which remains alien to them so far.
Abhejit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 21:49   #33

Same case is with me,
1. I am being fined for my vehicle which has'nt left the current city for last four years.
2. The fined is issued in a different city altogether, with a different image in proof section & has nothing to do with my vehicle.
3. Blatant incompetence, New challans cant be being paid as previous one is pending.
4. No fault of mine.
Old 26th November 2019, 22:26   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
coupon codes
Have posted brief info here some time back. Please have a look.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4682252 (Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants)
Torq is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks