Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2007, 00:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Spied: Ford Ka Only Visiting - Car News - Car and Driver June 2007

These guys are confused as to how does this car fit the US market, but looks like testing for this car is actually going on in North America. Clearly Mark V fiesta derivative.
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Where the heck is the rear door. If this is what they intend to bring to India, then this will be the first car in the hatch back category atleast to feature such an arrangement. Will be enough to stand out from the rest of the competition.
Fords are known to be drivers cars, and if this one handles like its Sedan siblings, you never know what it might do to Fords sales in India.
Exciting times ahead.
actually not the first. . .there has been the hot selling Zen 'Carbon' two door.
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Actually the first 2-door hatch was the Sipani Dolphin.
and i've also head they are tuned up to 150 bhp. i think i read it here only at team bhp
Old 3rd July 2007, 12:04   #19
BANNED

Well, the car does look good; but what are small cars going to do with 150BHP under the hood?
Old 3rd July 2007, 14:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcandle View Post
Hey,

Ford is currently developing a small car for the BRIC(Brazil, Russia, India, China) nations. The spy pics are from Brazil of the new small car being tested. The car codenamed B402 is said to be placed between Ka and Fiesta in Brazil and a sedan version, codenamed B409, is also expected by 2008. This car could well be Ford's small car for India......

Some say this might be the new KA but this week's Auto Express has got the pictures of the new KA which looks different.

Thanks
redcandle
They look different dont they? The new Ford Ka would be too expensive to make to effectively take on the Santro/WagonR. In 5-door hatch form, maybe it could do the business against the next generation Indica and the Fiat Punto.

But if it is indeed true that Ford is building a BRIC specific car, I think they might go down the cost effective route of developing a 5-door hatch based on the previous Ford Ka platform. Reason says that the car would be engineered to accomodate various engines including the 1.4 TDCi. I second what swathyd said. Slotting that 1.4 TDCi in a small car has many advantages:

1. Economy of scale as Fiesta/Fusion will already be running the 1.4 TDCi.
2. The 1.4 TDCi is refined/frugal and conforms to the small car diesel engine norms.
3. All this means lower prices for us customers.

Thats not all. If reports in Auto Express UK are anything to go by, the new Ford Ka(for european makets) has been co-developed with Fiat (same platform as Fiat 500) AND there is a possibility of a certain 1.3 diesel unit finding its way into the Ka engine bay. I wonder if a sedan version is in development as well...? Read on...

Ford Ka | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Thats not all. If reports in Auto Express UK are anything to go by, the new Ford Ka(for european makets) has been co-developed with Fiat (same platform as Fiat 500) AND there is a possibility of a certain 1.3 diesel unit finding its way into the Ka engine bay. I wonder if a sedan version is in development as well...? Read on...

Ford Ka | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express
There is no news of engine sharing between Ford and Fiat because the 1.3 multijet was designed by Fiat in contract with GM (for Opel/Vauxhall) and Peugeot.

The existing Ka is a platform that spawned the Mark V Fiesta (which also gave rise to Ikon and Puma). So in essense our Ikon is based on internals of the current Ka.

Last edited by 1100D : 3rd July 2007 at 19:42.
Old 1st August 2008, 23:09   #22
BHPian

The one in the camoflauge is a very boring looking car. The one besides looks similar to an Ikon overall
Old 2nd August 2008, 01:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
The KA is quite an old car now & I think it's due for replacement very soon in Europe.
The Ka's replacement is the new Ford Ka ST which is a co-development between Ford and Fiat.

The more famous name for the same car is the new Fiat 500. Look carefully at the 500 and you will see unmistakable Ford Ka lines on it, especially the rear.
Old 2nd August 2008, 14:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Below is the New Ford Ka which will be showcased at the Paris Auto Show in October. Looks quite good.

Pic Source : The source of Auto news,spyshots,rumor,Auto show news — AUTOinCAR
Old 2nd August 2008, 14:56   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

It does look a bit like it got cross-bread with a Fiesta (the European Fiesta, hatchback), and it is a great shame that it has lost much of its unique look.

The Ka used to stand out from the crowd.
Old 6th August 2008, 18:35   #26
BHPian

it's noting more than improve version of current ford fiesta hatchback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks