Team-BHP - Its Official Now: Manufacturers are taking forums seriously
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Its Official Now: Manufacturers are taking forums seriously (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/21795-its-official-now-manufacturers-taking-forums-seriously.html)

Vehicle manufacturers are taking feedback and opinion of customers by monitoring online forums and blogs now. Read more here.

Sadly the article talks about 2 wheelers OEMs only. Where is Fiat, Tata, Ford, Skoda and the lot??

I can assure you that a majority of Indian car manufacturers screen Team-BHP threads very closely. Atleast 7 - 8 of them have dedicated hours to go through material that is relevant to their products.

so i guess we can actually influence them for some changes.....
but i seriously doubt indian manufacturers would launch an enthusiast's product ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 384185)
I can assure you that a majority of Indian car manufacturers screen Team-BHP threads very closely. Atleast 7 - 8 of them have dedicated hours to go through material that is relevant to their products.

I agree. Know some people in the industry who do it. Some tire manufacturers also who trawl the tire section as guests. But this is the first time I saw it in the media.

Wont take any names but believe me car manufacturers are also taking the online forums[especially team-bhp] very seriously.

When I wrote emails to ford complaining about the bad quality of service I also sent them the links to my posts in team-bhp.com to take notice of what is being discussed about ford's A.S.S in the forum.

They did read it they mentioned it. They have seen the pictures as well. They further did not comment about it. But if they are not taking this forum or any other seriously, they will do so pretty soon.

It's good to know that the Car makers are taking the inputs form the online forums. It will definitely help them to improve the products, especially small nagging points bought up by the users from their daily experience.

Hey thats good news.

When I faced problem from BIMAL and MUL for not addressing the issues I reported in my 2 days old Swift first thing what I did launched a campaign against them and published in many forums and sent thousands of emails to all contact I have and made more than 6 lacks loss to them. After seeing my experience people either avoided BIMAL or didn't buy Maruti Cars.

I had sent them short and long emails to BIMAL and MUL by giving all the links where I shared my experience and the data I collected from otjer guys who had similar issues. I was about to start my own forum but luckily found TBHP and saved money of not building website lol :)

I am not against any Car manufacturer inclduing maruti but what I noticed and advised guys in my community is if one needs economy/resale/wide dealership go for Maruti and comfort go TAT/GM and quality/luxury go for either Honda or Toyota and car enthus for sure FIAT and If some one wants to involve in trial/error/test the product go for TATA!

No bad feelings to TATA owners please! I am soon buying Safari as my second car.

Its good to hear car makers consider online forums seriously to come up with better product/limited editions etc..

I am and continue to recomand TBHP for ever!

Regards,

Ravi.

There was an article in economic times today about folks at Bajaj surfing in various forums to look for reviews/opinions etc. There was a mention of several websites but not T-BHP. I was a bit disappointed.

This is good news :) They onyl take notice when they get hit where it hurts.

Now we need to watch out for compnay reps who come in as TROLLS, they should be easy to spot though. Hehehe ;-)

Good! About time foums were recongnised. If a few of the suggestions here were followed, I think a lot of us will be satisfied with the offerings floating around. Its funny how some subtle changes can make a mediocre product passably good...

Maybe looking at the forums can actually save the companies a lot of money.

Well if this is true, why am I not getting a hint of confirmation of the 1.9 jtd being used in any of the things that calls themselves cars.

Car makers, read this, I want a 1.9 JTD TODAY (will you).

Bajaj is actually taking a lot of interest in customer feedback, be it anything at all. They took feedback from members of a dedicated yahoogroups community in bring about the all-black Pulsar, mag wheels, engine cut-off switch and so on. When i posted a grievance with regards to a dealer in Hyderabad on that forum, got a call from a Bajaj representative who informed that the concerned dealer had been reprimanded, and my grouse addressed. Needless to say, was treated like a king during my following visits.

It is high time they did that. Because these forums & blogs etc are the medium these days for discussions & analysis of various products.