Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2007, 20:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hey you are right sgmuser, I agree your all points, I chose Swift over Getz because I felt Getz overpriced, less FE, poor resale value too.

Otherwise its great car.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 10th March 2007, 08:11   #32
BHPian

Currently, there are two quality choices for those who wants to upgrade to a mature hatch, swift and getz. I dont take Aveo hatch as its from Daewoo really eventhough sticker says otherwise. Palios, hmmm, surely quality ones but when considering A.S.S and resale value, not so good feedback I received from my friend who owns it (even after coming into TATA umbrella).

Then, when fitting face 2 face, Getz scores in interior space, build quality when Swift Petrol scores in all other areas like FE including the brand image. From reviews I read the engine refinement they are doing equally well. I believe, the real fight between these 2 starts when Getz gets its CRDi heart soon and hopefully Hyundai doesn't make the same stupid mistake of pricing like its petrol sibling.

Hyundai! Are you listening? You can not run too long with just one winner ie Santro! Every other product of yours is a failure in its category including Verna! With Estilo/new WagonR/Indica Xeta, Santro should start counting its days!

Fyi, I am owning a Santro 2002 at home!
Old 10th March 2007, 10:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carCrazy25;387882[B
][/b] Well you click on the Compare link and a pop-up says, "This Page is under construction"
this has been under construction for long.
Old 10th March 2007, 12:24   #34
nbr
BHPian

Daewoo is as Good as Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Currently, there are two quality choices for those who wants to upgrade to a mature hatch, swift and getz. I dont take Aveo hatch as its from Daewoo really eventhough sticker says otherwise. Palios, hmmm, surely quality ones but when considering A.S.S and resale value, not so good feedback I received from my friend who owns it (even after coming into TATA umbrella).

Then, when fitting face 2 face, Getz scores in interior space, build quality when Swift Petrol scores in all other areas like FE including the brand image. From reviews I read the engine refinement they are doing equally well. I believe, the real fight between these 2 starts when Getz gets its CRDi heart soon and hopefully Hyundai doesn't make the same stupid mistake of pricing like its petrol sibling.

Hyundai! Are you listening? You can not run too long with just one winner ie Santro! Every other product of yours is a failure in its category including Verna! With Estilo/new WagonR/Indica Xeta, Santro should start counting its days!

Fyi, I am owning a Santro 2002 at home!

I dont agree with you regarding Daewoo. Daewoo didnt close bcoz of Poor vechiles,but bcoz of poor management. Now its with the right hands,GM. Worldwide GM is being using Daewoo's products for its ultimate survival & surviving as well.
Old 16th March 2007, 11:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hi all

I had been to Advaith Hyundai in bangalore yesterday night. There seems to be a 1.1 getz petrol and a 1.3 getz diesel on the cards in another two weeks, worst cast by april first week. the price of petrol is vague, but might be substantially lower than the current one present. maybe 50-60 lesser. the price of diesel was hinted over and above 5 lakhs starting from base version.

Personally i believe any pricing of diesel over 5 lakhs puts hyundai into the same situation as before where they will not be able to sell many cars. But i have an inkling of thought that they might competitively price the getz diesel around the same price as swift diesel to garner numbers.

any thoughts on this?
Old 16th March 2007, 11:14   #36
BHPian

I don't think they will commit suicide by pricing their cars more than maruti. Maruti Swift P/D are doing well. They will have price them right to pull customers.
Old 16th March 2007, 11:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Personally i believe any pricing of diesel over 5 lakhs puts hyundai into the same situation as before where they will not be able to sell many cars. But i have an inkling of thought that they might competitively price the getz diesel around the same price as swift diesel to garner numbers.
any thoughts on this?
If they price it at par with the Swift, then its going to make a lot of sense. Anything above that would be dicey. Hope Hyundai get it right this time!!
Old 16th March 2007, 11:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.3 getz diesel on the cards in another two weeks
A 1.3 Diesel?? I heard its going to have the Verna engine? What is the power of the engine.
Old 16th March 2007, 12:08   #39
BHPian

yes its 1.5 is to be launched rather then 1.3.
Old 16th March 2007, 12:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Could this be the new Getz ?

Old 16th March 2007, 12:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

BUSA: guess there is lot of confusion about this. unfortunately I dont have the power details. dumb me. i shouldve asked.

NAVDEEP: 1.5 ?? that could make the cost quite steep then ....
Old 16th March 2007, 12:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

@Techno: Whats new about this? For me except lights at front, it looks almost similar to the existing one. Well the fact that the existing one is not strictly a headturner but looks very very decent itself is more than reason to own this car.
Old 16th March 2007, 12:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

Common Man if it was Maruti they would have launched a big campaign for the All new car

Yeah just the lights & a few changes here & there. Nevertheless even these smal chnages bring freshness to a product.

btw got this pic from a hyundai site.
Old 16th March 2007, 13:01   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post

NAVDEEP: 1.5 ?? that could make the cost quite steep then ....
May be on higher side than Swift but may not be steep. In Europe its already there with 1.5
Old 16th March 2007, 15:02   #45
BHPian

i think, hyundai should price the Gets crdi less than swift or should give more features to make a competition. otherwise they cant withstand the brand value of maruti here.
Also they should market the product well, like they did for their Santro.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks