Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2020, 19:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Great Wall Motors @ Auto Expo 2020

The H9 already looks outdated from every angle you look at. It is like the earlier version of Ford Endy. The brown interiors do nothing to make it look trendy!

The rest of the F series line up looks nice though. I hope someone gives feedback in terms of textures and build quality.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 19:17   #17
BHPian

Look closely to find the following inspirations
Haval Vision 2025 Concept - Jaguar F-Pace
Haval Concept H - BMW X5
Haval F5 - Mercedes Benz GLE
Haval F7 - Audi Q5
Haval F7x - BMW X6
Haval H9 - Toyota Land Cruiser

What do the forum thinks about my observation ?
Octane99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 20:00   #18
BHPian

Haval H9 is compared with a Landcruiser Prado here.

Last edited by yaseenar : 6th February 2020 at 20:08.
Old 6th February 2020, 20:12   #19
BHPian

Man!those are some stunning and proportionate designs!! and I thought the Chinese made over-designed /ugly cars! These could if priced right and with acceptable reliability a good run for the money to the established players in the Indian market. The KIA and MG launches show the Indians are not averse to new brands if the package is good.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 20:16   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Those HAVAL SUV's made me relate to a lot of products from the Toyota, Jaguar & BMW stable
Absolutely,

Land Cruiser & X6 - displayed next to each other. Pictures don't do justice. One has to see in person. I didn't go past the X6, so looks missed the Jaguar
Attached Thumbnails
Great Wall Motors @ Auto Expo 2020-whatsapp-image-20200206-8.15.12-pm-1.jpeg  

Great Wall Motors @ Auto Expo 2020-whatsapp-image-20200206-8.15.12-pm.jpeg  

Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 17:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
The rest of the F series line up looks nice though. I hope someone gives feedback in terms of textures and build quality.
Got the chance to briefly experience the F5 and F7. The perceived quality is very high thanks to those radical interior designs, leather clad steering wheels, huge touch screens and virtual cockpits. The doors felt heavy too.

But the actual build is a bit flimsy, imho. Flimsy, because on opening the boot of the F7, the unlock button seemed to be fiddly and the feel of the buttons in the F5 was plasticky (in spite of looking high quality) . Though, this may be a placebo effect due to the Chinese origin as I barely spent a few minutes with the cars.

Last edited by Shreyas Agarwal : 8th February 2020 at 17:31.
Old 8th February 2020, 17:45   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
The H9 already looks outdated from every angle you look at. It is like the earlier version of Ford Endy. The brown interiors do nothing to make it look trendy!
Yes, it does look dated at first glance. It was also placed in a corner and was not the center stage -- which was reserved for the F5/7/7x models.

Having said this, the specs and features of the H9 are pretty impressive as per their catalog, especially the 4x4 capabilities like Off-road cruise control, All Terrain System, 3 Diff Locks. No idea about the reliability front though.
Great Wall Motors @ Auto Expo 2020-h9specs.jpg

Quote:
...The rest of the F series line up looks nice though. I hope someone gives feedback in terms of textures and build quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
Got the chance to briefly experience the F5 and F7. The perceived quality is very high thanks to those radical interior designs, leather clad steering wheels, huge touch screens and virtual cockpits. The doors felt heavy too.

But the actual build is a bit flimsy, imho. Flimsy, because on opening the boot of the F7, the unlock button seemed to be fiddly and the feel of the buttons in the F5 was plasticky (in spite of looking high quality) . Though, this may be a placebo effect due to the Chinese origin as I barely spent a few minutes with the cars.
The designs from outside look nice and are clearly inspired from other popular brands. With the good amount of chrome & bling they might appeal to the Indian taste also. However, the F5 clearly had sub-par quality of plastics in plastic, dash & lacked the "nicely put together feel". The F7 was a tad better but still something seemed amiss. However, they are loaded with features and all gizmos!

The car from GWM, for me, was the R1. Cute, practical and well put together. It can easily seat 4 and enough leg space and with a rage of 350+ it is the perfect city electric car. Has 6 airbags and is a nifty little package.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th February 2020 at 19:26. Reason: typo
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks