Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2005, 11:57   #46
BHPian

I know its strange but here in Kerala(Cochin, Calicut etc..), guess they are overrated!!
Old 18th January 2005, 12:30   #47
BHPian

I think the most underrated car is the baleno, its such a nice car and everyone rates its very low because of the shape.. man, that car is full of bhp, excellent, i wonder y its not overrated...
Optra i think is a lil overrated, i've heard the comfort i the car is not that good and all.Its all on the brand name...
Old 20th January 2005, 10:46   #48
BHPian

i'll put it this way,.....
most overrated company....hyundai!
most underrated company: fiat!
soon, we'll be adding audi and bmw to the underrated company list....coz their cars just wont sell (unfortunately)...
Old 20th January 2005, 16:55   #49
Senior - BHPian

I think its the City Vtec which is overrated and the most underrated is Baleno.
Old 20th January 2005, 17:22   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think its the City Vtec which is overrated and the most underrated is Baleno.
Unsurprisingly most people who think the Vtec is over-rated havent owned one or driven it over a long distance. To the car guy, its pure bliss.

GTO
Old 20th January 2005, 20:04   #51
Senior - BHPian

Over-rated- Hyundai Accent
Under-rated- ford endeavour
Old 21st January 2005, 22:46   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

1.baleno is underrated because it has dated looks,doesnt look good from any side,it has got
cheap interiors,the tyres are a shame for car of this size,the marketing and service though good for smaller cousins of baleno arent any good for baleno and despite having
a lot of service centres spares are available at only few.

2.palio is underrated because the 1.2liter engine is not responsive,service support is not good,marketing is really poor(anyone saw any good ad?),for us indians its not as fuel effiecient and nobody is sure about the fiat s future in india.
Old 13th February 2005, 13:16   #53
BHPian

I go with Rudra sen,i had been 2 Banglore recently, n till the time i sat in Rudra,s Optra,i js hated the Optra,God only knows why,js didnt like the idea of a Daewoo with a Chevy badge on it.
The day Rudra gave me a drive in his Optra,the direction of the sea changed,js cldnt believe tat the Optra was so good tat it cld tame my hate towards it.
In short,the Optra is not overrated,its performance is good,the gadgets inside r simple,comfort is xcellent,handles really well n yea stopping power in neat.
Every bit a value for money car.
Old 13th February 2005, 14:55   #54
Senior - BHPian

styling by pinifarina...suspension tweaks by lotus...engine by holden (of the 330 bhp v8 monaro fame)...and pricing and warranty by koreans...whats to hate about the optra?!?!

the most underrated car in india is probably the forester...that thing handles not just like a car...but a halfway sportscar...great smooth power deliver...refined engine...all whl drive...lovely made in japan quality...and all this without the turbo option! pity they badged it a chevy...

the most overrated car is the accent....in bangalore every software guy worth his esop buys one (normally in silver)...thats the ultimate jack of all trades...master of none...the interiors kinda feel like a small cars...FE isnt great...neither is acceleration...and looks can best be described as BORING.
Old 13th February 2005, 15:15   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
styling by pinifarina...suspension tweaks by lotus...engine by holden (of the 330 bhp v8 monaro fame)...and pricing and warranty by koreans...whats to hate about the optra?!?!
Yup, technically, it isn't a Korean car at all. LOL

Shan2nu
Old 14th February 2005, 16:12   #56
BHPian

Or: Nhc, Santro,
Ur:baleno,gv Xl-7
Old 17th February 2005, 03:00   #57
BHPian

Overated : New as well as old Honda city , Toyota corrola .

I know many of you would not agree for overating the NHC & OHC , but let me tell you i ve very genuine reasons for that !!!

Underated : Opel Vectra , Baleno , Elantra(crdi) and ofcourse Ford's Mondeo .
Old 17th February 2005, 03:08   #58
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Beemer]Overated : New as well as old Honda city , Toyota corrola .

I know many of you would not agree for overating the NHC & OHC , but let me tell you i ve very genuine reasons for that !!!
QUOTE]

i've just GOTTA hear the reasons for the old city being overrated!!!
Old 17th February 2005, 03:47   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
i've just GOTTA hear the reasons for the old city being overrated!!!

Well ,i kept the OHC 1.5 exi (type 2) for nearly one and half years and man let me tell you i had a terrible time with that car ,mainly coz of the unsettled, harsh ride (though, no doubt about the faboulous engine) !

The build quality of the car was even worse then those of the koreans !!! I mean , on smooth roads it was ok but as soon it was on a rough road(majority of indian roads) you could easily realise it , as it used to make noises from the dash board and mainly from under the body which you could feel and hear(loud and clear) while driving , even if you had put cotton in your ears !!!
Seriously, one of the WORSE SUSPENSION i ve ever come across . Would you believe it , my palio(half the price of OHC) rides much better than that .

In short what i mean , What is a car without comfort ??? A BULLOCK CAR(T) !!!

If a car costing 8.5 lacs(OHC) cannot provide you the smooth ride , comfort , noise free interiors ,then is of no use ,irrespective of the power train , the looks , the brand !!!

SAME IS THE CASE WITH CORROLA (elder sister of the OHC) .

Last edited by Beemer : 17th February 2005 at 03:52.
Old 17th February 2005, 03:57   #60
Senior - BHPian

had a 2nd gen (clear lens lamps) ohc fr 2 years...ran total stock...on 87 RON petrol...absolutely no problems...yeah the rear was a little bumpy...and the plastics kinda suck...but hell...who ever bought that car to sit in the rear?

maybe you were unlucky with your particular car, because mine had no problems with build quality or fit and finish levels. there were never any squeaks or noises from anywhere. but i agree, overall quality was tinny, quite like the corolla.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks