Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2020, 23:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Toyota-badged Vitara Brezza launch in April 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
They will throw in some extended warranty and promise better after sales and be done with it. That I guess is all we can look forward to in the Toyota Brezza.
Who knows, Toyota may in fact surprise us. There is atleast one, rather unappreciated, difference between Glanza and Baleno - Glanza comes with a dual rate Brake Assist, which none of the cars in the Suzuki stable have. Having experienced it, I would insist this is one must have safety feature in any car, just like ABS and Airbags. Which makes you think, why did Toyota even bother? They could have added a couple of LEDs instead, or a 8" ICE, and it would've been the talking point about Glanza. Why add a safety unit that no one in the prospective client list would even notice?
2cents is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 16:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Toyota will launch its second Maruti Suzuki-based product in India in the coming months. Part of its technical and product sharing joint venture with Maruti, the new car will be based on the Vitara Brezza and is likely to be called ‘Urban Cruiser’.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...cruiser-417045
Old 27th April 2020, 17:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Who knows, Toyota may in fact surprise us. There is atleast one, rather unappreciated, difference between Glanza and Baleno - Glanza comes with a dual rate Brake Assist, which none of the cars in the Suzuki stable have. Having experienced it, I would insist this is one must have safety feature in any car, just like ABS and Airbags. Which makes you think, why did Toyota even bother? They could have added a couple of LEDs instead, or a 8" ICE, and it would've been the talking point about Glanza. Why add a safety unit that no one in the prospective client list would even notice?
What? I really cannot believe that a company that did not bother to even change something as simple as an alloy wheel, to have gone and done a mechanical change like this. And also, there is no special mention about this anywhere in the Toytota website.
Old 27th April 2020, 17:30   #19
BANNED

So, just like how "Brezza" diluted and took advantage of the "Vitara" badge, this "Urban Cruiser" is supposed to dilute and make use of the "Land Cruiser" badge.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 11:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
What? ........And also, there is no special mention about this anywhere in the Toytota website.
True. Not prominently, but you will find it mentioned under Safety specs. Clearly, it must be an addition in the Suzuki plant itself. If I am not mistaken, the Glanzas go directly from the Suzuki plant to the dealer yards. So clearly Toyota must've specifically asked for it. You may have noticed another interesting development --- the Dzire AMT has upped the default with ESP, TCS and Hill Hold. Yup!! Which could only mean that their other pricier models including Baleno/Glanza should get them in the next iteration. I reckon there is reason to look forward to the Urban Cruizer!!
Old 28th April 2020, 12:04   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
True. Not prominently, but you will find it mentioned under Safety specs. Clearly, it must be an addition in the Suzuki plant itself. If I am not mistaken, the Glanzas go directly from the Suzuki plant to the dealer yards. So clearly Toyota must've specifically asked for it. You may have noticed another interesting development --- the Dzire AMT has upped the default with ESP, TCS and Hill Hold. Yup!! Which could only mean that their other pricier models including Baleno/Glanza should get them in the next iteration. I reckon there is reason to look forward to the Urban Cruizer!!
Sorry to inform you but from 2019 update on Baleno, it too has Brake assist as standard same as Glanza.

There is no additional feature enabled exclusively for Toyota.

The press release mentioned it however Nexa website doesn't.

This was added in 2019 after which Toyota got the same version as Glanza.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks