Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2020, 16:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire BS6 spotted; Sync3 discontinued

Sadly, even BS6 Ecosport has missed a few features in the top spec S variant.

-17 inch rims are replaced with 16' : This might be OK considering the issues with 17' on Indian roads, but ford hasn't added any new features to compensate for the cost saved in this change.
- Rear seat tumbling functionality is gone! Now, only the backrest can be folded down!

So, 13k only increase with BS6 should be taken with a pinch of salt.
kkstile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 16:41   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkstile View Post

-17 inch rims are replaced with 16' : This might be OK considering the issues with 17' on Indian roads, but ford hasn't added any new features to compensate for the cost saved in this change.
- Rear seat tumbling functionality is gone! Now, only the backrest can be folded down!

So, 13k only increase with BS6 should be taken with a pinch of salt.
You forgot the connected features (Ford pass) which was added. Though I don't understand which variants will get it..the top spec s variant obviously does.
JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 17:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
You forgot the connected features (Ford pass) which was added. Though I don't understand which variants will get it..the top spec s variant obviously does.
Yes, read about Fordpass being added in BS6 although I would always prefer any mechanical upgrade over software gizmo
kkstile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 23:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkstile View Post

When the 17" made way for the 16" in the S trim the price dropped by 60k and this was much before the BS6 change.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 01:18   #20
RMN
BHPian

This is extremely disappointing! I just hope that they dont do the same with the Freestyle and are simply trying to appeal to the taxi fleet with a reduced cost. Figo/Aspire becomes the cheaper fleet option while Freestlye remains the "top variant".

I should probably stop recommending the Figo/Freestyle to my friends for a while!
Old 18th February 2020, 09:17   #21
BHPian

I spoke to the SA from whom I got my Figo and he said that there is no clarity at the moment of the variant lineup and the prices. He did confirm that Figo is barebones now. According to him the new vehicles would be announced on 22nd Feb. I hope there is a true top of the line variant available.

Last edited by Speedshift : 18th February 2020 at 09:18. Reason: Typo
Old 18th February 2020, 10:27   #22
BHPian

Hope the 1.5AT is available in Figo and aspire. There are hardly any choices for AT under 10l, if you don't want amt or 4 speed tc.
Old 18th February 2020, 10:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
Hope the 1.5AT is available in Figo and aspire. There are hardly any choices for AT under 10l, if you don't want amt or 4 speed tc.
No. As per the bulletin issued by Ford a few days ago, 1.5AT in the Figo and Aspire line-up has been discontinued.
Old 18th February 2020, 16:06   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMN View Post
This is extremely disappointing! I just hope that they dont do the same with the Freestyle and are simply trying to appeal to the taxi fleet with a reduced cost. Figo/Aspire becomes the cheaper fleet option while Freestlye remains the "top variant".

I should probably stop recommending the Figo/Freestyle to my friends for a while!
When I spoke to the Ford Dealer today, got to know that Freestyle will have a variant named Flair with minor cosmetic changes (like racing stripes). Will this be the premium variant in Freestyle , is what is yet to be known. The dealership is still not sure if there will be any drop in features like in Figo (rear camera & fog lamps dropped for titanium). They are hoping to get a clearer picture by this weekend.
I already own the BS4 Freestyle Titanium TDCI & its a great li'l package I am currently scouting one for my in-laws & just wishing that they do not screw up the feature set of existing freestyle as well.
KartAttack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 14:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Ford India has announced the prices of the BS6 versions of the Figo, Freestyle and Aspire. While the 96hp, 1.2L Petrol and the 100hp, 1.5L diesel have been upgraded to BS6, the 123hp, 1.5L petrol is no longer available with the Figo and Aspire. Here's a look at the prices.
Attached Thumbnails
BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle launched-f1.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 14:59   #26
BANNED

BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle launched

BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire and Freestyle have started arriving at dealerships. Today, Ford India announced the official launch of the three cars.

BS6 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle launched-screenshot_20200219-ford-figo-aspire-freestyle-bs6-launched-petrol-diesel-price-list-detailed.png

Quote:
“We have been working relentlessly to make our products surprisingly affordable – both at the point of sale and service,” said Anurag Mehrotra, president & managing director, Ford India. “Thanks to increased localization & alignment of features, we have been able to keep the prices virtually unchanged, thereby passing on the benefits to consumers directly.”
Source
wheelguy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 15:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford BS6 Figo, Aspire, & Freestyle launched

Good stuff. Happy to see that the entire small car portfolio is now upgraded to BS6 especially the lovely diesel engine, at relatively affordable price increases and in several cases, reductions as well. The Freestyle makes for a great buy even now, with the updated engine and mature ride and handling package. Just hope that there are no major feature deletions which seems to be the favourite pastime of Ford nowadays.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 19th February 2020 at 15:03.
Old 19th February 2020, 15:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

If the details mentioned above is correct, Figo is dead on arrival! For 30K premium Freestyle is better bet anyday, unless you want to hit BIC(which is closed anyway) everyday. Reliable+Fun 1.5 AT will be missed.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 15:34   #29
BHPian

I was somehow expecting that FORD will follow up with Ecosport BS VI launch and price smaller cars sensibly but this is hitting the ball out of the park. Hats off to FORD.

MSIL will be tearing their hair apart and screaming looking at these prices in Diesel segment. How could market leader goof this up. I would definitely want someone to do a case study on how MSIL did this to themselves. If Ford plays their cards well, we are looking at a direct replacement for Dzire Taxi segment with Aspire completely eating that full pie/pizza/biriyani.
RaghuVis is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 15:41   #30
BHPian

Re: Ford BS6 Figo, Aspire, & Freestyle launched

I am just curious as to how Ford has managed to reduce prices on the entire line-up of the Freestyle (From BSIV to BSVI). The usual feature deletion method maybe!

Happy that we, as customers will have affordable compact diesel vehicles to choose from after the BSVI transition takes place.

- DS
DebarshiSharma is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks