Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2020, 14:31   #16
BANNED

Re: Rumour: Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS to get 1.0L turbo petrol unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo Launch Price ₹ 7.68 Lakhs( ex- showroom). Booking open now.
Attachment 1969258
Link
So even Hyundai is still charging handling charges, have seen discussions about it on Tata threads, what about other manufacturers like Maruti, Mahindra, etc? Anybody any idea?
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 17:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Why not 6 speed? For a car of this size that could go really fast, a 6 speed makes life much easier esp if its your only car. But somehow this doesn't appeal to me like the GT TSI. Maybe it's just that the VW has such classic looks while this one looks like it's trying hard to impress.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 16th February 2020 at 17:22.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 18:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Why not 6 speed? For a car of this size that could go really fast, a 6 speed makes life much easier esp if its your only car. But somehow this doesn't appeal to me like the GT TSI. Maybe it's just that the VW has such classic looks while this one looks like it's trying hard to impress.
The 6 speed and the higher tuned version of this engine is probably reserved for the more premium venue and new upcoming i20. Just simple product differentiation.
Old 16th February 2020, 23:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Direct injection + Turbo charging.
Yeah, but with direct injection and turbocharging also in the 1.2TSI, it is priced very close to their gt tdi even when it has the expensive 7 speed DSG.

Diesels also have direct injection as well as turbo and run significantly higher pressures resulting in more expensive fuel pumps, fuel rails and injectors. Furthermore, the 1L turbo is 3 pot while the diesel is 4 pot, and that means lesser no of pistons, con-rods, valves, injectors, etc.

The real reason must be due to the fact that the diesel is still BS4 AND an effort to position this as a premium variant. The same engine in Aura is cheaper than the BS6 diesel version.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th February 2020 at 23:45. Reason: Typo.
niteshbids is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 07:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
The 6 speed and the higher tuned version of this engine is probably reserved for the more premium venue and new upcoming i20. Just simple product differentiation.
This is where manufacturers get irritating. As if 6speed gearbox in Nios is going to result in loss of sales for venue and i20. Those looking for these higher segment cars are unlikely to get Nios. Then why not let the Nios owner get a complete package for himself?
Old 26th February 2020, 16:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo launched at Rs. 7.68 lakh

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is now available with a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine. It is available in Sportz and Sportz Dual tone variants priced at Rs. 7,68,050 and Rs. 7,73,350 (ex-showroom, India).

Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo launched at Rs. 7.68 lakh-grand-i10-nios-1.0-l-sportz-photo-1.jpg

The Grand i10 NIOS with the 1.0L turbo petrol engine gets 'Turbo' badges on the grille and tailgate and 15-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels. On the inside, it gets an all-black interior with red accents, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, wireless charging and automatic climate control among other features.

Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo launched at Rs. 7.68 lakh-grand-i10-nios-1.0-l-sportz-photo-2.jpg

The 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine produces 99 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 172 Nm @ 1,500-4,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.

Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo launched at Rs. 7.68 lakh-grand-i10-nios-turbo..jpg

The Grand i10 NIOS Turbo is available in Aqua Teal and Polar White exterior colours. It also comes in two dual-tone colour options - Fiery Red with Black Roof and Polar White with Black Roof.

Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo launched at Rs. 7.68 lakh-grand-i10-nios-interior.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 17:07   #22
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo launched at Rs. 7.68 lakh

I feel that pricing is very optimistic, that too when it’s not even the top end variant. I don’t know what is Hyundai’s fascination with not offering the good combos in top end variants. The facelifted Nexon XM costs about same as this and while this is more loaded, that car is whole 2 segments above this and has a more powerful engine too, although the bhp/ton ratio might be a different story. My personal pick would be the Nexon.

Last edited by shivamk11 : 26th February 2020 at 17:08.
shivamk11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 18:06   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
I feel that pricing is very optimistic, that too when it’s not even the top end variant. I don’t know what is Hyundai’s fascination with not offering the good combos in top end variants.
The difference between Sportz and Asta isn't that much! The regular 1.2 Sports is priced at 7.03L whereas the Asta is priced at 7.19L. The difference between the two variants is limited to cooled glovebox, push-button start, adjustable rear headrests, rear wiper washer and luggage lamp. Looks like Hyundai wants to keep the introductory pricing slightly low, and if the Nios turbo starts selling - it should become available in the Asta variant as well.

Basically, Hyundai is demanding a premium of Rs 65,000 for the 100ps, 175Nm TGDi turbo petrol engine, the blacked-out exterior trim and the all-black interiors with red accents.

That is is actually less considering the attempts from other manufacturers like the Baleno RS which commanded a whopping 1.5 lakhs over the regular Baleno 1.2 petrol. Even the Tiago JTP had a premium of 1L over the regular, though - to be fair to TATA, the changes were a LOT more extensive than just a boosted engine.

With the Tiago JTP under a question mark post BS6, Baleno RS discontinued and the Abarth already out - Nios is the only warm hatchback in the market at present till the new 1.0 TSi Polo GT is launched. It delivers excellent mid-range punch and driveability in the Aura and should be even better here. Tuners should be able to extract a LOT more performance, considering it is already producing 118hp in the Venue. The only downside is that Hyundai's steering and suspension feedback doesn't go hand in hand with driving enthusiasm- better tyres and stiffer springs were a must!

The engine does this though in the Aura, and should be a bit better in the lighter Nios -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
• Hyundai’s turbo-petrol is simply fantastic!!! I loved high-revving it on the highway. It’s fast, has a punchy mid-range and good refinement for a triple cylinder. Driveability is decent and does the job as long as the rev counter is 1,000+ rpm (drop lower and you need to downshift). Lag is there, but it's manageable & controlled. Clears the 2nd gear speed breaker test. 2nd gear is so tall that the Aura is a rare budget car that can do ~108 km/h in 2nd itself . This engine should be your top choice if you're looking at an Aura petrol.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th February 2020 at 22:31. Reason: Typo
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 07:18   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Having just experienced an almost identical car (the Aura 1.0 turbo-petrol), all I can say is, if you are looking for a quick city car, you must consider this. The engine is simply fantastic! Decent driveability, punchy mid-range, rev-happy and fun on the open road. Yes, there are mild vibrations felt at idle, but it's not that annoying. The engine's performance is truly enjoyable.

P.S. Merely 2 posts above on the launch show how much enthusiasts are excited about this!!!

Last edited by GTO : 27th February 2020 at 07:20.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 07:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Having just experienced an almost identical car (the Aura 1.0 turbo-petrol), all I can say is, if you are looking for a quick city car, you must consider this.
How would you rate the suspension? Is it the same from the standard car or have they tuned it up a bit? Does it compliment the performance of the engine? I've been yearning from a Figo S kind of setup, well, since Figo S. I'm hoping this just might be it.
Old 11th May 2020, 07:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Grand i10 Nios turbo-petrol fuel efficiency revealed delivers an ARAI-tested 20.3kpl

Fuel economy is only 0.4kpl down on 1.2-litre manual.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-417191
Old 21st September 2020, 11:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note: Our Grand i10 Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS turbo reviews

Last edited by GTO : 21st September 2020 at 11:28. Reason: Link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks