Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 11:17   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Swift facelift leaked online

2021 Facelifted Maruti Suzuki Swift launched.

Suzuki Swift facelift leaked online-85351203802e4c9eaf5818f0b31ede1d.jpeg
Old 24th February 2021, 12:12   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2021 Maruti Swift (Facelift Model) Launched From ₹ 5.73 - 8.41 Lakhs
Maruti has increased sticker price for base LXI by a good margin. My friend bought LXI for 5.55 L on road in Gurgaon in 2019.
Old 24th February 2021, 13:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift TVC

Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 13:50   #49
BHPian

I saw on twitter that the facelifted Swift has ESP, hill hold and a larger disk. I wasn't expecting esp in the Swift to be honest.
Can anyone confirm that please?
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 14:10   #50
BHPian

Much has been said about the build quality of Maruti cars, especially the Swift but I would be happy if MSIL just focused on strengthening the structure to achieve respectable safety. Sheet metal, the feeling of thud isn't necessary for safety. I hope MSIL at least starts to pay some attention. If the ESP news is correct, that's a step in the right direction.

Maruti sells half the cars in Indian market, I believe we as customers should be putting pressure on the manufacturer to pay attention to safety. Some of the pictures of Swift accidents just won't leave my head. It's the most selling car of recent times so this aspect can't be ignored.

Suzuki Swift facelift leaked online-images-5.jpeg
RoadMonkey is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 15:05   #51
BHPian

Anyone feeling it overpriced ? Especially after Kiger & Magnite ?
Suzuki Swift facelift leaked online-img_20210224_123425.jpg

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 24th February 2021 at 15:06.
TorqueIndia is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 15:57   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Much has been said about the build quality of Maruti cars, especially the Swift but I would be happy if MSIL just focused on strengthening the structure to achieve respectable safety. Sheet metal, the feeling of thud isn't necessary for safety. I hope MSIL at least starts to pay some attention. If the ESP news is correct, that's a step in the right direction.

Maruti sells half the cars in Indian market, I believe we as customers should be putting pressure on the manufacturer to pay attention to safety. Some of the pictures of Swift accidents just won't leave my head. It's the most selling car of recent times so this aspect can't be ignored.
Lack of attention to safety features is a big issue yes, but that one picture doesnt represent it at all, as this could happen to any car given the perfect set of circumstances. There is already enough material out on social media, particularly videos, where any accident is deemed to be a marker of build quality or lack thereof. Hopefully we dont degenerate to that level. But yes, your point on the. fact that MSIL controls half the market and to that extent plays a definitive role in benchmarking against the standards is well taken.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 18:13   #53
Senior - BHPian

Another blockbuster from Maruti.
With the top model retailing under Rs 10lakhs, (as on road price) and with added features this hatch will again climb to the top of the sales chart.

The ESP, Hill-hold, Cruise control and Idle-Stop Start are good options to have in this segment. Considering the SWIFT is now straddling the Tiago - Hyundai Grandi10 - Tata Altroz - Ford Fiesta, it looks as if the facelift this time has been well thought out by Maruti.

The upgraded disc brakes sounded interesting. Whether that translates to an overall larger diameter / greater thickness front discs or only upgraded larger diameter caliper pistons remain to be seen. But whatever it is, it is welcome as the SWIFT's, (from Gen-1 edition) were never "swift",(pun intended), and fade-free, in the stopping department.

And topping it all off, is still arguably one of the best, naturally aspirated, small displacement 1.2-litre petrol engine available in India today. Coupled with that snappy, manual gearbox it is quite an enticing package.
arjab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 19:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Attachment 2125324
Yes it is overpriced by a margin of 1.5 lakh but aren't all best selling vehicles in the country are overpriced?

Maruti Swift 1st generation was groundbreaking in terms of design, segment leading features and with launch of K series engine it was a wonderful package.
Third generation Swift is flimsy, overpriced, nothing path breaking to recommend unless you want Maruti product. The product is showing its age with dated engine, design and infotainment package and facelift proves it.
FrozeninTime is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 09:29   #55
BHPian

Always found this generation of Swift to be very Fun to Drive with an extremely attractive and desirable design, glad to see such a mature and well balanced facelift from Maruti, usually the facelifts are needless and 99% of the times look worse and make the cars look old (counter productive), this however is just brilliant.

This getting quite a lot more power than before and not being that much more expensive is a cherry on top, sure the safety aspect needs to be improved, no questions on that, but this is still a very tempting, dare i say hot hatch.

I agree the competition from Magnite and Kiger is stiff, but the Swift should be compared with the 1.0 Turbo variant of those cars as its performance is near that territory and cannot be compared with the lacklustre 1.0 NA engine at all, whose only purpose on those cars is to bring its sticker price down, which fuel these debates here.
There is a huge difference in engine's NVH levels too, even with the turbo, so that needs to be considered as well.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 12:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

New Swift started reaching dealerships, walkaround video

Old 25th February 2021, 15:19   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Attachment 2125324
Suddenly Magnite and Kiger look like a better option from every perspective. They are bigger, loaded with features and modern looking too all coming around the same price range except for the top variant of Magnite and Kiger.
swunkjyn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 15:20   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
This looks scary indeed.
With TATA and Mahindra bringing in 4+ Star safety cars in Indian Market, MSIL should at least start concentrating on safety now.

Though ESP on Swift is a welcome move by MSIL, I feel the Heartech platform itself needs to be revisited on safety point of view.
ash22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 08:58   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Coupled with that snappy, manual gearbox it is quite an enticing package.
The package gets a lot more enticing when you are above 80 and this K-12 powered F16 of yours feels like it's gonna take off (no offense to anyone).

I have steered clear of Maruti cars, won't even recommend them to someone at even half the price, just an hour back I went for a hospital appointment in my father's office ride which is a ciaz. Now our family car is an EcoSport and as I am used to it's build, I smash closed the rear door of the ciaz a bit hard without realising it's not a Ford. Now I'm not trying to be a fanboy and hater of Ford and Maruti here respectively, but what happened after this incident was hilarious to say the least.

The damn boot area behind the rear door got a dent , and no I'm not exaggerating. Me, my father and the driver were looking at each other, then the driver opened the boot and pressed the affected area from inside. It somehow got rectified by punching and pushing that area but it still left a streak behind.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 09:12   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
The damn boot area behind the rear door got a dent , and no I'm not exaggerating. Me, my father and the driver were looking at each other, then the driver opened the boot and pressed the affected area from inside. It somehow got rectified by punching and pushing that area but it still left a streak behind.
I can totally get that, once I tried to close my friend's Swift's bonnet which he accidentally left open, and to my & his surprise it got dented! No I'm not exaggerating too.

Yes everyone knows that the outer sheet metal(skin) is not the load bearing structure of the car, but they should have atleast given little thick or better sheet metal for outer layer too.

Last edited by wheelguy : 26th February 2021 at 09:14.
wheelguy is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks