Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2020, 19:31   #16
BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked

Including snap of Front Bumper from the https://toyota.com.ph/vios site as it is the most important change.

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-yaris-facelift-front-bumper.png

Looking at the headlamp cluster, it appears they have included LED headlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
It's interesting to see that it still doesn't have Android Auto and Apple car play.
Following is the quote from rushlane site: The most significant of which are the new sophisticated-looking full LED headlamps. The mid-size sedan also receives bigger secondary airdam which reminds us of the lower half of Lexus’ trademark spindle grille. The L-shaped foglight enclosures round off the design changes. Changes to the interior are not cosmetic but the car does get a updated infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

I hope these changes trickle down to Indian version at the earliest.
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 22:28   #17
BHPian

Does the Yaris share similar traits like it’s big brothers The Corolla & Camry? Like reliability, durability?
I have taken a test drive twice, the engine felt nice. The NVH was awesome with it’s short gear throws gave me a joy to drive.
Just wanted to know if this is as bullet proof a car?

Neo
Old 25th July 2020, 23:05   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post

Following is the quote from rushlane site: Changes to the interior are not cosmetic but the car does get a updated infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

I hope these changes trickle down to Indian version at the earliest.
If you actually see the brochure pasted in the previous post there is no mention of Android Auto and Apple car play. The description is exactly matching the infotainment found in the India spec G and V CVT models. But I do agree that rushlane article says there is Android Auto. We have to wait and see if we'll get any of these updates to India.
nagr22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 02:21   #19
BHPian

Still no sunroof in a car competing against the likes of City and Verna? That’s not good.

Rapid has gotten away with this but I don’t think a ‘new’ launch will be able to.

As competent a car Yaris is, its pricing and bling is the only thing that can get it back in the race otherwise the Rapid rider (& plus) is lagging behind in features standard in the City and Verna is still a decent pick due to the Brand name and the great pricing.
Old 26th July 2020, 09:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Does the Yaris share similar traits like it’s big brothers The Corolla & Camry? Like reliability, durability?
I have taken a test drive twice, the engine felt nice. The NVH was awesome with it’s short gear throws gave me a joy to drive.

Neo
Hi. Its a Toyota... Whether u buy a glanza or a velfire u can be assured of the quality and reliability. Thats why they charge a premium. I own a V CVT dual tone and its a pleasure to drive though lack of power is a bit evident
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 09:55   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

All about the Vios/Yaris launched in Philippines!

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020toyotaviosfacelift4850x567.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020toyotaviosfacelift2e1595691295665850x503.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020toyotaviosfacelift3e1595692821456850x420.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020toyotaviosfacelift5850x604.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020toyotaviosfacelift7850x650.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020_toyota_vios_brochure_01.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020_toyota_vios_brochure_03.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020_toyota_vios_brochure_02.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020_toyota_vios_brochure_04.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020_toyota_vios_brochure_05.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020_toyota_vios_brochure_06.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020_toyota_vios_brochure_07-1.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020_toyota_vios_brochure_08.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020_toyota_vios_brochure_09.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-2020_toyota_vios_brochure_01-2.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th July 2020 at 09:56.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 10:06   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi. Its a Toyota... Whether u buy a glanza or a velfire u can be assured of the quality and reliability. Thats why they charge a premium.
I totally agree with Palio_2005. I own a V CVT and in the last 2 years have not faced any niggles. I am confident that the Yaris will be reliable and durable easily for 10 to 15 years.

Extract from our official review
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
As you would expect at this price point, the paint quality and build are excellent, while the panel gaps are even all over. The doors aren't light and feel solid - they shut really nicely (BHPians will find it very satisfying). The bonnet is also on the heavier side, and the boot lid feels sturdy. While there is a little flex in the metal of the doors and front fenders when pushed with a thumb, there is none on any other body panel. Toyota has not cut any costs at least as far as the build & quality are concerned.
Simhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 12:33   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Neo
You can vouch for it, Toyota’s are reliable to the T. It’s a bulletproof car no worries, just that the overpricing killed it otherwise it is a fundamentally sorted car!

A typical Toyota car making you go from Point A to B without any worries.

Also the Indian car also gets Apple CarPlay for sometime now in its dual tone edition which I think is based on the V variant.

Also no worries about spare-parts, the Altis which was discontinued this year will still have spares available till the next 10 years as said by Naveen Soni Senior VP Toyota. Definitely will be the same case with the Yaris (if at all discontinued).

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 26th July 2020 at 12:36.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 13:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi. Its a Toyota... Whether u buy a glanza or a velfire u can be assured of the quality and reliability. Thats why they charge a premium. I own a V CVT dual tone and its a pleasure to drive though lack of power is a bit evident
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
I totally agree with Palio_2005. I own a V CVT and in the last 2 years have not faced any niggles. I am confident that the Yaris will be reliable and durable easily for 10 to 15 years.
Extract from our official review
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
You can vouch for it, Toyota’s are reliable to the T. It’s a bulletproof car no worries, just that the overpricing killed it otherwise it is a fundamentally sorted car!
A typical Toyota car making you go from Point A to B without any worries.
Also the Indian car also gets Apple CarPlay for sometime now in its dual tone edition which I think is based on the V variant.
Also no worries about spare-parts, the Altis which was discontinued this year will still have spares available till the next 10 years as said by Naveen Soni Senior VP Toyota. Definitely will be the same case with the Yaris (if at all discontinued).
Thank you all.
The Yaris, actually is out of my budget but I am willing to extend & get a base variant J Opt & fit a HU with Apple Carplay & Android Auto w/ reverse camera. This is my first car in India & I would like to keep it at least for more than 8 years. Any other car if I buy, I may have to think of exchanging it right after 5 years or the end of extended warranty (Ex: Rapid). I admit it is a boring looking car when compared, but I dig the reliability & peace of mind Toyota as a company offers.
Waiting for it's facelift to arrive.

Neo
Old 27th July 2020, 15:44   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Yaris is a super reliable car and driveability is fine in the 1.5L CVT. In the middleast this was sold with the 1.3L 83HP motor for years and it was their bread and butter car after the Corolla and Camry. Sadly Yaris has a poor man's first car Image here, and yes the car sold here is/was poorly equipped too. Super hard plastic cabin and bare born to the core! But they have given some premium touch ups to the Yaris sold in India to match with the City, Verna and Ciaz.
kamilharis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 22:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

They did a good job with the front but what happened to the designers when they reached the rear end ? Were they sent off home owing to the lockdown & Toyota decided to just let it be the way it is.
This is an extremely poor effort IMHO and the interior too should have received some more radical changes to freshen it up.
Old 29th July 2020, 21:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Yaris / Vios real life pictures

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-smartselect_20200729212051_chrome.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-smartselect_20200729212112_chrome.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-smartselect_20200729212125_chrome.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-smartselect_20200729212139_chrome.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-smartselect_20200729212152_chrome.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-smartselect_20200729212206_chrome.jpg

Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked-smartselect_20200729212219_chrome.jpg

Source :Autocar India
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 11:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Vios facelift for Malaysia: Paul Tan
Will get Toyota Safety Sense including AEB, lane departure warning, blind spot detection and rear cross-traffic alert.
Old 13th September 2023, 23:48   #29
BANNED

ASEAN NCAP Awarded 5 Star Crash Rating To 2023 Toyota Vios

Quote:
ASEAN NCAP agency has recently published crash testing results of Toyota Vios sedan. In which Vios passed with flying colours with a full-fat 5 Star rating. ASEAN NCAP tested adult occupant safety, child occupant safety, safety assist systems and motorcyclists safety. Vios scored an impressive 5 star rating which is reminiscent of its predecessor.

Said Toyota Vios is Malaysia-spec vehicle and is sold in Brunei, Indonesia, Laos and Cambodia too. The trim level is G and comes equipped with a 1.5L engine. It had 6 airbags and the kerb weight was 1035 kg. In some markets, Toyota markets Vios as Yaris as well. Sold both in hatchback and sedan guise.

It was tested under ASEAN NCAP’s 2021-2025 protocol. Test vehicle came equipped with ESC (Electronic Stability Control), ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), SBR (Seatbelt Reminder System) for frontal and rear seat occupants and various pedestrian protection features as standard fitment across all its variants.

On top of these, Toyota Vios gets safety assist technologies too. These are either offered as standard or optional. These systems include AEB (Autonomous Emergency Braking), LDW (Lane Departure Warning), FCW (Forward Collision Warning), LKA (Lane Keep Assist), BSD (Blind Spot Detection) and AHB (Auto High Beam).
YouTube link:

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/asean-ncap-...-12478922.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks