Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2022, 14:52   #46
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen's confusing warranty policy! Can add-on extension just once

Super confusing indeed!

We extended the warranty on our GTI in Dec 2021 for the 5th year. VW Downtown explicitly insisted that the warranty can be taken for only 1 year at a time and will need to be renewed individually for the 6th and 7th year a month before expiry.

I requested them multiple times to extend it to 7 years at the end of the 4th year but they said this is "VW Policy".

I'm sending VW Downtown an email for clarification.
Old 10th April 2022, 13:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday was super tiring. Got to the service station at 10.30 to get the Inspection Done for the 6th Year Addon warranty. I got free only at 6.30 PM after they finished the so called Inspection.

Warranty is still to be issued once they send inspection report to VW. The inspection has a checklist running into 2 pages and they check each and every item in the car including running an engine scan and finally a road test.

My 5th year addon is still valid and in spite of that they wanted to do this checkup again.

Well there were no problems found in my car and they have to now upload the reports to VW who will take the final call.

The whole process is really a mess. VW ought to be better than this.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 19:40   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Warranty is still to be issued once they send inspection report to VW. The inspection has a checklist running into 2 pages and they check each and every item in the car including running an engine scan and finally a road test.

My 5th year addon is still valid and in spite of that they wanted to do this checkup again.
Yes, apparently they do a very detailed and time-consuming check-up. I took the pick-up and drop service. They returned my car the next day. I didn't even bother to enquire what all they checked, but found out that the results of the check-up were all positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Well there were no problems found in my car and they have to now upload the reports to VW who will take the final call. The whole process is really a mess. VW ought to be better than this.
As I wrote before, in my case they took nearly a week. Let's see how long it takes in your case.

In my judgement, VW is well within their rights to check the car to their satisfaction, since add-on warranty is simply what it is, just add-on and not guaranteed at the time of purchase of the new car. But what really irks me is all the confusion they are creating by saying initially it can be had only once, and when pushed hard by the customer they are making a real heavy weather of the inspection and then a lengthy wait for the final approval. Basically it seems to me that they are trying their best to discourage the customer to go for the add-on warranties especially for anything beyond the 5th year, or at the least want to be very selective in granting these warranties. With DQ200 issues still surfacing, the pleasure of driving the GT notwithstanding, this is not something that is confidence-inspiring for the current VW customers, and perhaps for future VW customers as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks