Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2020, 17:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Verna E Petrol (new base variant) priced at Rs. 9.03 lakh

Hyundai has added a new base variant to the Verna line-up. The new E trim is priced at Rs. 9,02,900 (ex-showroom).

Hyundai Verna E Petrol (new base variant) priced at Rs. 9.03 lakh-vernanewpc.jpg

The equipment list of the entry-level E variant is similar to the S variant of the Verna. However, it misses out on a few features like the 8-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit, USB charger and sunglass holder.

The E variant is only available with a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 113 BHP and 144 Nm. It comes mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.

The updated Verna is also offered with a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol unit which makes 118 BHP and 172 Nm and comes paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission as well as a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel that puts out 113 BHP and 250 Nm. The diesel motor is offered with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 8th October 2020 at 17:16.
TusharK is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 22:55   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna E Petrol (new base variant) priced at Rs. 9.03 lakh

I believe this is either a good news or most confusing for shoppers hunting for a car between 8-9 lacs Ex-Showroom. There are so many options now due to the festive season.

It all started with Rapid Rider, then Rapid Rider Plus, soon to be releasing S-Cross’ variant between Sigma & Delta, Venue SX+, Sonet HTK+, Nexon XM(S), Creta’s new entry level petrol variant (9-10 lac), with existing Yaris J-Opt, Brezza VXi & now this.

Makes it much more harder to pick either a top variant from a B2 segment or an entry level C2 segment with most basics covered.

Neo
neo_narender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 23:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Stupid move selling cars with not even basic music system and speakers. Not everyone lives nearby KarolBagh to get decent aftermarket support.
Nithesh_M is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 00:07   #4
BHPian

Hyundai has silently increased prices of every variant almost by 8 K compared to launch prices along with launching this variant.

Hyundai Verna E Petrol (new base variant) priced at Rs. 9.03 lakh-20200330_160917.jpg

Hyundai Verna E Petrol (new base variant) priced at Rs. 9.03 lakh-screenshot-20201009-00.11.42.png

Last edited by sv97 : 9th October 2020 at 00:14.
sv97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 08:29   #5
BHPian

Well this is a really VFM variant though considering it has most of the essential stuff. When it comes to touchscreens and alloys, the market outside is full of them. A very sensible option to get the E variant and spend extra 50-60 k on the extra stuff and you are good to go.
Old 9th October 2020, 08:46   #6
BHPian

Was this E variant really required for the Verna?
Price difference between E and S is hardly 38K and for that you get a good Touchscreen with android auto/apple car play, steering mounted controls, Arkamys speakers and some small features like the shark fin antenna, sunglass holder and a extra USB port.

Last edited by Sahilrai166 : 9th October 2020 at 08:49.
Sahilrai166 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 09:48   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Stupid move selling cars with not even basic music system and speakers. Not everyone lives nearby KarolBagh to get decent aftermarket support.
As someone living 2 km away from Karol Bagh, it's the the last place I would visit to get "decent aftermarket support" for my cars.
But I am pleasantly surprised that someone in Mangalore knows about Karol Bagh!
captain.torque is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 09:54   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
Was this E variant really required for the Verna?
Price difference between E and S is hardly 38K
What it does - is giving a lower entry point than the City.

4th generation City is available starting 9.29 lakhs, and now with this new variant - Hyundai can advertise the Verna to start at lower prices.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 13:10   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The new E trim is priced at Rs. 9,02,900 (ex-showroom).
Hyundai shouldn't have added Rs. 2,901.
8.99 lacs would have got the attention of sub-4m sedan & suv buyers as well.
John316_WRC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 13:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

4th generation City is available starting 9.29 lakhs, and now with this new variant - Hyundai can advertise the Verna to start at lower prices.
If you ask me, the Verna is much better to drive than the dull Honda City. I drove the City and the Verna 1.5 Petrol back to back.
pedrolourenco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 13:50   #11
BHPian

Really? I'm surprised to read this. The City is a dream to drive on the highways than the boaty Verna with the unnecessary bulges. The steering feel of the Verna is like flogging a dead body, absolutely no feel whatsoever. I hate the tin sheets used for the build, but hey that lighty makes it mighty on the long distance run. Anyone with me?
Old 9th October 2020, 15:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
As someone living 2 km away from Karol Bagh, it's the the last place I would visit to get "decent aftermarket support" for my cars.
But I am pleasantly surprised that someone in Mangalore knows about Karol Bagh!
Youtube algorithm floods your recommendation screen if your search history has anything to do with cars.

There are many Delhi youtubers now milking that place in their vlogs and bargaining for some discounts in exchange for promotion.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 15:53   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
Really? I'm surprised to read this. The City is a dream to drive on the highways than the boaty Verna with the unnecessary bulges. The steering feel of the Verna is like flogging a dead body, absolutely no feel whatsoever. I hate the tin sheets used for the build, but hey that lighty makes it mighty on the long distance run. Anyone with me?
Well, Verna is not boaty anymore. I have not driven the new 1.5L verna, but the earlier 1.6 was better to drive than the 1.5 City. It had better low and mid range, and unless you revv the nuts out of it (and it is easy to get the nuts out of City than from Verna - built quality wise ), there is not much difference in outright performance either "at sane speeds".

Steering and handling is similar on both too. Except for interior (esp. rear) space, Verna is nowhere an inferior car.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 16:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
Whatever you said about the Verna is actually an accurate description of the City. Not seen such a lifeless car. The much hyped "Yo VTEC kicked in" is not there. Not that I have experienced it in the old cars but with this car you have to get out and kick it to move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Well, Verna is not boaty anymore.
Yes the suspension is quite sorted now.

Quote:
I have not driven the new 1.5L verna, but the earlier 1.6 was better to drive than the 1.5 City. It had better low and mid range, and unless you revv the nuts out of it (and it is easy to get the nuts out of City than from Verna - built quality wise ), there is not much difference in outright performance either "at sane speeds".

Steering and handling is similar on both too. Except for interior (esp. rear) space, Verna is nowhere an inferior car.
Overall the Verna is a much better package.
pedrolourenco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 18:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And this also means that the E version is highly likely to be a 'just on paper' version with artificially inflated waiting periods, and may never kiss the tarmac.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks