Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2020, 22:42   #46
BHPian

Re: Ventilated Seats, no more a luxury in India!

Well, Ventilated seats might have become common but something like below was, is and, I dont suppose would be so common in general.

However, I think there should have been a provision for the same
Ventilated Seats, no more a luxury in India!-l.jpg

This vent was strategically positioned under the steering column to cool, yea you know by now what it was meant to cool. Anyway give your valuable opinion if you want something like this or not!

https://m.imgur.com/z4mAKBz

Last edited by Aish_4761 : 6th December 2020 at 22:43. Reason: Spell check
Aish_4761 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 15:29   #47

When I feel like I really need this feature is when the car has been parked in the sun, for lack of parking space in the shade. When we enter the car again, it is a furnace.

The A/C cools the car in around 10 minutes, but our backs are not exposed to the cool air, and neither are the seats (as we block it from the cooler air). As a result, the seats don't have a way to lose the heat that they have gained, when the car was parked.

Ventilated seats would definitely be a boon, but I wonder if remotely switching on the A/C 5-10 minutes before we enter the car would help in this situation? Leather / leatherette is quick to heat up, but quick to cool down as well. If it is fully exposed to the air con's cooler air, it is bound to get a bit cooler before we actually sit on it.

Thoughts?
CasualDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 18:26   #48
BANNED

Ventilated seats are a very important feature and must be considered while buying a car as:-

The back of any passenger or the driver himself is in contact with the seat which creates disability of the back portion of the body to transfer the heat generated within itself to the surrounding but this inability levitates the heat generation and makes more sweat.

This is where ventilated seats come up in play, they provide the body temperature to match to that of the surrounding and allow the heat transfer to take place and this reduces sweating. This brings comfort to the passengers and mainly drivers. Thus, ventilated seats offer a much comfortable ride than the regular seats. This also allows air conditioning to reach the back portion of the body thus, cooling it further more.

This features makes the driver feel more comfortable and helps focus more on driving.
Old 11th December 2020, 20:05   #49
BHPian

I haven't experienced cooled ventilated seats in India, but have experienced it in US/Europe rental cars. It is an amazing feature, which provides warmth in colder climates. I also found that heated seats provides a massaging effect to the back.

In humid city like Mumbai, the cooled seats will definitely be a big plus.
Old 11th February 2021, 14:40   #50
BHPian

The Jeep Compass has taken the step towards offering the Ventilated seats in its Facelift Compass S Variant(Top End) A really nice move for a car that costs beyond 30 Lakh Plus. Not even the Range Rover Evoque, Audi q3, BMW X1/X3 offers that feature.

Well done Jeep, and hope other Luxury companies are taking notes. It's a must needed feature as we are approaching hot summer months. And any car north of 3 mil rupees should have VS In India.
Mahven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 14:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahven View Post
The Jeep Compass has taken the step towards offering the Ventilated seats in its Facelift Compass S Variant(Top End) A really nice move for a car that costs beyond 30 Lakh Plus. Not even the Range Rover Evoque, Audi q3, BMW X1/X3 offers that feature.

Well done Jeep, and hope other Luxury companies are taking notes. It's a must needed feature as we are approaching hot summer months. And any car north of 3 mil rupees should have VS In India.
Interesting that the Creta offers this feature at a price below 22 lacs.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 11th February 2021 at 14:53.
Old 11th February 2021, 14:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

This is a feature I would rank above a lot of currently available useless features like automatic rain sensing wipers, auto headlights, button start, electronic handbrake, mood lighting etc.

Actually, I would rank this even above sunroof (not panoramic sunroof though)
2000rpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 15:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Interesting that the Creta offers this feature at a price below 22 lacs.
Even in KIA Sonet at 15.6 Lakhs
myavu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 17:21   #54
BHPian

With passage of time, does the performance of ventilated seats get effected due to accumulation of dust/ liquid spills etc? and in that case can they be serviced or they have to be replaced?
Old 11th February 2021, 20:51   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Even in KIA Sonet at 15.6 Lakhs
It does? I thought it was reserved to the higher variants of the seltos

If I remember correctly, the Verna also used to provide ventilated seats. I don't know whether the new Verna still has it though
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 21:56   #56
BHPian

Earlier, experienced cooling feature on ventilated seats in a BMW. And last week had an opportunity to experience the same on a Seltos top end variant. I would like to say the cooling effect on the BMW seats was out of the park, while on the Seltos it was just "mild", tried to adjust the 3-level effect but the performance was lacklustre.
MercFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 16:28   #57
BHPian

The latest one to get into the VS club is the Toyota Fortuner facelift.
Wow, is our market listening to us or what! Hope Luxury brands are taking notes. What a welcome feature especially on an SUV which will mostly be driven on highways. Cooled seats will be a fortune for new Fortuner owners on those hot summer vacations.
Mahven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 11:54   #58
Senior - BHPian

Are ventilated seats an absolute necessity, if the air-con is a chiller?

I just came across this thought, if the Ventilated seats (cooled) are an absolute necessity for a buyer in 15+L rupee segment. Can this be a deal breaker for you?

I drive my father's Ecosport S version which does not have this feature. However, the Aircon is a chiller, and even in peak summers, I never thought about the absence of Ventilated seats. The temperature is already touching 40 Degrees in my region, once the Air Con is set at 22 degrees, it's absolutely chilled inside. My only experience in a Ventilated Seats equipped car, was my test drive in Kia Seltos in August 2020. I am not sure if it was the short test drive and Ventilated seats take time to cool, but for that 15 minute test drive, I did not feel a noticeable difference.

Adding a poll for the same.
07CR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 11:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

re: Are ventilated seats an absolute necessity, if the air-con is a chiller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I just came across this thought, if the Ventilated seats (cooled) are an absolute necessity for a buyer in 15+L rupee segment. Can this be a deal breaker for you?

I drive my father's Ecosport S version which does not have this feature. However, the Aircon is a chiller, and even in peak summers, I never thought about the absence of Ventilated seats. The temperature is already touching 40 Degrees in my region, once the Air Con is set at 22 degrees, it's absolutely chilled inside. My only experience in a Ventilated Seats equipped car, was my test drive in Kia Seltos in August 2020. I am not sure if it was the short test drive and Ventilated seats take time to cool, but for that 15 minute test drive, I did not feel a noticeable difference.

Adding a poll for the same.
Its not about the price bracket but about seat material. If you have leather seats, its important to have ventilated seats. No matter how chiller your AC is, with leather seats my back sweats a lot. Ventilated seats have been a boon. I don't sweat as much in a car with fabric seats.
PrideRed is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 12:36   #60
BHPian

re: Are ventilated seats an absolute necessity, if the air-con is a chiller?

I am not voting because i don't subscribe to either of the poll options. It is a fantastic good-to-have feature that is however not a deal breaker. I am in the market for a D1 sedan and eagerly awaiting the Octavia specs. Its only competitor is the Elantra which has the ventilated seats, all things remaining the same if the Octavia is priced similar to the Elantra but without the ventilated seats, i'd still pick the Octavia for its superior handling and dynamics.

However, in two cars that have similar ride characteristics and all things remaining constant, i'd be willing to pay a premium of up to maybe 20k for the ventilated seats. It is a boon in our hot summer days and more so when you have the misfortune of having to park out in the sun.
RoadTrippin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks