Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2020, 12:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors rolls out 1,50,000th Nexon from Ranjangaon plant

Happy to see Tata Motors with this good product. But like what others have said, it is high time they introduced a proper automatic gearbox.

The nexon is a good vehicle to tackle the craters and potholes without compromising road comfort. The new front end looks mature too, though it still retains those funky taillights. With a TC/CVT gearbox the nexon with the green shade can easily be a good choice !
Old 10th November 2020, 13:43   #17
BHPian

So happy for Tata !

Nexon and Tiago are the cars that changed my perception of Tata, so much so that my default recommendation nowadays to friends and family that want my opinion, is to buy a Tata with extended warranty.

I still remember my sly smile change to awe the moment I sat in the driver seat of the display Nexon in Concorde Motors, Guindy. I secretly hoped it did not have many niggles that are usually associated with a newly launched car from Indian manufacturers.

Last edited by Shanksta : 10th November 2020 at 13:45.
Shanksta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 14:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
BS-6 Nexon's suspension had been tweaked by TML. Recently I drove a BS-6 Nexon petrol and on a subjective level, when compared to my BS-4 petrol Nexon, the low speed ride in the 2020 BS-6 is definitely cushier. The Bharat 6 car rounds off low speed bumps quite well and there's a distinct reduction in the low speed ride's "jiggliness" that plagued Bharat - 4 models.
I suspect TML has fine tuned the bushes and maybe even the anti roll bar stiffness.
Whatever it is, it works & is s definite improvement over the pre-facelift models.
You are right. The suspension has been changed.

These are from the Technical Information page from the owner's manual:

BS6:

Tata Motors rolls out 1,50,000th Nexon from Ranjangaon plant-tbhp1.jpg

BS4:

Tata Motors rolls out 1,50,000th Nexon from Ranjangaon plant-tbhp2.jpg

I don't know whether they are different suspension systems or just worded differently.

Manual for facelifted Nexon is here and the pre-facelift model is here.

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 10th November 2020 at 15:06.
DudeWithaFiat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 15:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
You are right. The suspension has been changed.
Someone was telling me that as part of an internal VA-VE exercise, for the BS-6 model lineup, the twin path/double cup suspension setup of the earlier Nexon's have been done away with and replaced with the much cheaper single cup system. Cannot confirm though as I have not seen it for myself.

On a similar note, I heard the BS-6 Tiago's have had their "ECO"mode buttons deleted. The BS-6 Tiago's now do not have the luxury of a switchable ECU map.
arjab is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 17:21   #20
BHPian

Nexon's Petrol Engine has the highest displacement among the turbo-petrols in that segment (beside XUV300's). Yet it produces lowest torque among all of them. A meagre 170nM. The engines with 1000cc displacement (Venue and Polo GT TSI) produces marginally more. Compared to that, the engine from XUV300 produces 200nM and it is getting bumped up to 232 nM in the Sports trim.

Nexon is noticeably heavier than Venue, Seltos and Ecosport. And while the power lag is not felt in highways, in hilly roads plying with a loaded car you will start to get wary of the lack of torque. I am speaking from experience.

Tata needs to recode the engine to produce at least 200nM. Only then they can expect this to compete other world-class cars in the segment.

The Diesel engine is simply fabulous.
RoadAtlas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 20:40   #21
BHPian

I am really glad for Tata for having achieved this milestone. It is a really wonderful product that holds its own against competition. We own a Tata Nexon Petrol AMT in the family. AMT is disappointing, but I have no other complaints regarding the car. The body seems to be strong, the suspension is comfortable enough and the infotainment system and the rest of the stuff are not too bad either.
Old 10th November 2020, 20:53   #22

Having recommended Nexon to quite a few friends who are really happy with the car and the overall ownership experience, it is not surprising to see Tata Motors achieve this feat.

As mentioned by a lot of other users on this thread, the only thing that stops Tata Motors from achieving even greater numbers are a sorted Automatic Gearbox and a petrol engine that is tuned better.

Wishing them the very best.
Old 11th November 2020, 00:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadAtlas View Post
Nexon is noticeably heavier than Venue, Seltos and Ecosport.
When the next gen Nexon comes up, it would be built on than ALFA platform, and it will be at least a hundred kilos lighter, and it will result in improved performance. I don't think Tata will retune the engine again(after 110 to 120 bhp). This will alter fuel efficiency, and will require extensive road tests. It's selling well, so they won't touch it.
Benoit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 04:22   #24
BHPian

So happy for Tata. Nexon is getting the success it deserves. Time for Tata to launch Nexon with a proper Automatic option like Torque Converter or DCT or even CVT to bring it on the radar of those who are avoiding to buy it due to jerky AMT.
Bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 11:43   #25
BHPian

Happy Nexon owner. Had almost bought the Brezza but the safety aspect swung the decision. The back seat is a tad cramped compared to the other Tata siblings but otherwise it has been a great car. The sport mode in the highways puts a smile on my face each time.
clementw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 18:07   #26
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
A commendable effort and also, a little proud and happy. To me, Nexon is not only one of THE most safest under 4m sub-compact SUV, but also the most beautiful looking 4 wheels, in the category.

What is also noteworthy is the design maturity Tata Motors design team brought to the Nexon in Gen 2.0. When its time to buy a new mini/sub-compact SUV next year, the Nexon along with Sonet are the ONLY 2 contenders, for me.
I know exactly how you feel buddy. I actually worked on the GPS unit SW on the infotainment of this car(launch version) and had tested it in this car's pre-production prototypes in hilly regions of Lonavla & Khandala with the shark-fin antenna(I know, the infotainment unit was not the best in performance, but I think the facelifted version is better). Although we were not allowed to drive these cars, the test-driver allowed me to drive for sometime on the Pune-Mumbai highway. I felt like a kid who has been gifted a remote control Toy car on Diwali . It was a diesel model and I was happily & smoothly cruising on 140 kmph with very little vertical movement. The doors & body felt heavy and solid. I knew then that this would be like a mini-tank & the 5 star rating proved it. The TATA test-drivers actually used to test the vehicle at >180kmph by removing any speed limiter in the vehicle. I must say, the amount of testing Tata Motors does on its cars is just incredible. It looked and felt almost brand new and had completed 8000kms.

When we stopped for lunch on the highway, a person came and told that this car Nexon will come with a wearable key. We said "no, we don't think so", but it did. He was actually more informed than us.

I did not like its looks at the launch, but the facelift really impressed me a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Nothing else matters. No wireless charging, 10" screen or sunroof.. But not all wishes are fulfilled, sadly. :(
I think this wont change in the near future, atleast until the next gen ALFA based Nexon comes in a few years.

Kudos to TATA Motors.
Napalm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 00:27   #27
BHPian

Great effort from Tata. Finally a product with strong safety performing well in the market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks