Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th January 2021, 13:10   #91
BHPian

Default Re: 2020 Lineup: The Best Enthusiast Cars in India

The word "fun" only brings up two cars from my own vehicle history:

1. 2004 Ford Ikon 1.6 SXi
2. 2010 Maruti Gypsy King MG413W

Every other 4-wheeler I have owned don't quite measure up. They were either too practical and purposeful OR too bland and competent.

From the current options under 15L, the ones that I find fun to drive are:

1. Swift
2. Ignis
3. Figo and FreeGo
4. Ecosport
5. Thar
6. VW Polo GT

Fun can be had with as little as 40 Bhp as is evident from this video by Drive Tribe:
Old 31st January 2021, 08:14   #92
BHPian

Sad to see the Octy 1.8 not given a huge mention anywhere. As it is evident from my username, I am a huge fan of Octvaias. Especially the 1.8. It is the grand daddy of turbo petrols in India and also was one of the first cars ever sold in India to have more than a 150 bhp.

It was and is still a hoot to drive and can still smoke today's budget hot hatches in cornering and everything being based on the VW Golf hatchback platform. Also no other car is as practical as an Octavia with it's huge boot and wide seats.

I am looking for a well maintained one even now. Any suggestions are welcomed. Please PM me if the car is anywhere in South India. I have seen very few well maintained 'unbeaten' ones and all of them are commanding a price of 5 lacs range. At that price I could tune my regular Octy for double the power.(But I won't do it and sacrifice on the excellent mileage )

Cheers
OctYFAN
Old 18th March 2021, 15:58   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Mini Cooper S
Attachment 2077204
========
Official Review
I was thinking of getting a second hand mini Cooper countryman or a used range rover Evoque.

What are your thoughts on that please ?

Also a good dealer in Bangalore for the second hand Evoque if anyone can suggest please ?

Thanks !!!
Old 18th March 2021, 18:11   #94
BHPian

I've driven few FTD cars within Rs.25L of budget and here is the list:

1. VW Polo/ Vento 1.0 TSI MT
2. Kia Seltos 1.4 TGDi MT and 7DCT
3. Honda City iVTEC MT
4. Mahinda Thar MT(2020)
5. Kia Sonet Diesel 6AT
6. Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi MT
7. Tata Harrier 2.0 MT and AT

Out of all, I loved the VW's 1.0 TSI engine, which I felt quick and fun to drive along with Kia's 1.4 TGDi engine, Honda's iVTEC engine, and the Thar as well.

Coming to Ecosport, this is easily one of the best C-SUV's I've ever driven and its driving dynamics made me fall in love with it and 1.5 TDCi Diesel engine is one of the best engines produced by Ford and best car within Rs.14L of the budget as well.

Even I felt the Sonet Diesel AT to be quick due to 115PS of power on paper and in fact, it's way better than Seltos Diesel AT, which I felt a bit underpowered when compared to Sonet and the lightweight is the reason why I felt Sonet Diesel AT is fun to drive than the Seltos.

And, coming to Harrier, I simply loved its drivability though I felt a bit cumbersome to drive in city traffic, but, I loved the performance of MT over the AT, though I found AT is not bad to drive at all.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 18th March 2021 at 18:18.

Most Viewed