Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2020, 13:11   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Mahindra Alturas G4 might be discontinued in 2021

First the Rexton and now Alturas.

Nobody is going to touch a premium Mahindra ever again.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 13:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
First the Rexton and now Alturas.

Nobody is going to touch a premium Mahindra ever again.
Totally agree with you. Alturas in D2 suv segment is what Kizashi was in D1 sedan segment. People don't associate Mahindra as a premium brand and when two of their most premium products die an immature death killing the resale value with it, not to mention the uncertain after sales, people will be lot more sceptical before touching another premium Mahindra, if they bring one in the future.
Carpainter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 13:54   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Totally agree with you. Alturas in D2 suv segment is what Kizashi was in D1 sedan segment. People don't associate Mahindra as a premium brand and when two of their most premium products die an immature death killing the resale value with it, not to mention the uncertain after sales, people will be lot more sceptical before touching another premium Mahindra, if they bring one in the future.
Kizashi was a Suzuki sedan sold by Maruti Suzuki.

Mahindra only had Rexton and Alturas as premium offerings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Sorry couldn't get your point. Did I say anything that means otherwise.
Since this thread is about Alturas and the discussion was about premium Mahindra vehicles, I couldn't understand bringing Maruti into the discussion.

Off-topic: Premium launches by Maruti and even Hyundai faced similar failure. However they didn't withdraw those model pre-maturely

Last edited by ashis89 : 10th December 2020 at 14:10.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 14:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Kizashi was a Suzuki sedan sold by MS.

Mahindra only had Rexton and Alturas as premium offerings.
Sorry couldn't get your point. Did I say anything that means otherwise.
Old 10th December 2020, 15:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Off-topic: Premium launches by Maruti and even Hyundai faced similar failures. However, they didn't withdraw those model pre-maturely
This has nothing to do with the failure of Alturas. This is only because Mahindra is fed up with pumping money into Ssangyong and decided to part ways. Since Alturas is a CKD vehicle, they need the Ssangyong factories in Korea to produce it.

M&M usually sticks with their brands even if the sales are nothing to speak about. They have in the past kept many flop models like Quanto for years. They even tried rebranding it into Nuvosport and discontinued it only in 2018 after 6 years. Even KUV100 has been in sale for years now with negligible sales. The previous-gen Rexton was sold for 5 years with single-digit sales.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 10th December 2020 at 15:16.
padmrajravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 17:37   #21
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Alturas G4 BS6 priced from Rs. 28.69 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkumarblore View Post
A minor update. I just spoke to my SA at Anant Cars. He confirmed the rumors. He also said that since the Alturas is sold as a Mahindra Automotive Product, as is the regulatory norm in India, Mahindra will continue to support existing Alturas owners/buyers with parts and service for the next 15 years.
Hi All,
Apparently my post has been misunderstood by a few outside the forum. When I mentioned the SA has confirmed the rumors, all I meant was he said that he too has heard the rumors, but there has been no such official announcement. In fact he also mentioned that there could be a facelift coming soon but again these are all that they hear but no official announcement yet.

@Moderator. I request you to delete that part of the post I have quoted here.

Last edited by Pkumarblore : 10th December 2020 at 17:44.
Pkumarblore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 18:25   #22
BHPian

Among the big SUVs, it's the Alturas that caught my attention - more than Fortuner or Endeavor.

During my stints in dusty Itanagar, the cars I came across mostly were ever-reliable Scorpios. However, I did notice many squeaky-clean Alturas as well. The car definitely looked elegant and stood out. Hope the car isn't retired and Mahindra does some magic to bring some life into its sales.
JojyKerala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 18:35   #23
BHPian

Sad news. Just the other day, I was admiring at one parked near the home. I felt it was a good car, with a good stance and proportions, and looked quite luxurious too.

They should have just changed one thing - rename the Alturas to XUV 700 and Mahindra would have a better positioning of the product and quite a few more buyers.
nishsingh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 08:49   #24
rkw
BHPian

While the manufacturer is mandated to provide after sales service & spares for certain years as per norms, I doubt easy availability & economy. But I think M&M will be working on providing hassle free experience to existing customers.
Old 11th December 2020, 08:55   #25
BHPian

It was expected. It will take sometime for the Mahindras and Tatas to compete in the 25 lakh+ segment. For me, the car was dead on arrival itself.
Old 11th December 2020, 09:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

A very opportune move.

I think whatever space that was occupied by the Alturas, will be replaced by the upcoming Ford XUV500 version.

M&M simply cannot launch Ford products sharing the same platforms, they will simply end up cannibalising each others market share.

M&M will place Ford products on shared platforms at a premium. This ensures product differentiation as well as provide better margins that are needed to sustain the Mahindra Ford jugalbandi. The Alturas is a very convenient collateral.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 10:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Up to Rs. 3.06 lakh discount on Mahindra Alturas G4

Mahindra has announced discounts of up to Rs. 3.06 lakh on its BS6 models including the Alturas G4. The offers include cash discount, exchange bonus and corporate discount and are valid till December 31, 2020.

Mahindra is offering cash discounts of up to Rs. 2.20 lakh on the Alturas G4. Additionally, customers are being offered exchange bonus of up to Rs. 50,000, corporate discount of up to Rs. 16,000 and other benefits amounting to up to Rs. 20,000.

Rumour: Mahindra Alturas G4 might be discontinued in 2021-big01.jpg

Mahindra is offering discounts of up to Rs. 51,200 on the XUV500. These include cash benefits of up to Rs. 12,200, exchange bonus of up to Rs. 20,000, corporate discount of up to Rs. 9,000 and additional benefits of up to Rs. 10,000.

The total benefits of up to Rs. 62,055 are being offered on the KUV100 NXT. The carmaker is offering a cash discount of up to Rs. 38,055, exchange bonus of up to Rs. 20,000 and corporate discount of up to Rs. 4,000 on the crossover.

The Bolero is offered with a cash discount of up to Rs. 10,000, corporate discount of Rs. 4,000 and other benefits worth Rs. 6,550.
TusharK is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 12:30   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

XUV900 trademarked by Mahindra. Could this be the renamed Alturas?

Rumour: Mahindra Alturas G4 might be discontinued in 2021-e3d55fe333604501850e817e872b7ea1.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 10:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

Reviving this dormant thread.

Checked the Alturas G4 out yesterday at the Trivandrum showroom. We were there to inquire about the XUV 700. The car was offered for immediate delivery with a 2L combined discount from the dealer and MM. The given OTR is 38 big ones. Declined, leaving my 15-year-old son (a 4x4 guy) very, very sad.

According to the SA, there's no concrete decision yet from Mahindra about discontinuing the Alturas.

I found the interiors very good and the fit and finish immaculate. Also found several design cues and detailing of the XUV 700 interiors are taken (or "inspired") from the Korean CKD car. However, the rearmost seats are strictly kid seats.

Wonder Mahindra will revisit their decision to discontinue the Alturas with Ford Endeavour is not in the picture anymore. Yes I know I'm making the Endeavour / Fortuner guys angry by comparing the Alturas with these tough as a nail SUVs but let me explain my point.

It has all the bells and whistles, Mercedes 7 speed AT, 4WD, generous GC and the vehicle is huge. It is a better bet than the Gloster given the Chinese angle. It should sell better than MG.

Agreed, it is end of the road for the big SUV as Mahindra is disposing its Korean subsidiary. Otherwise the car would have survived.

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd November 2021 at 09:21. Reason: Endy = Endeavour. Capitalised F in Fortuner. Please proof read before submitting your post. Thanks.
sandeepmdas is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 07:21   #30
BHPian

In this dilema still I'm deciding to own one. Keeping my fingers crossed as the showroom people says that they don't have any official communication about the discontinuation, still if it comes they generally offers 8 years of ASS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks