Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2021, 12:07   #76
BHPian

Re: 2021 Ford EcoSport Titanium variant now gets a sunroof (Updated price list)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Looks like this SE trim will get the Sync 3 system.

My reasoning:-
Sync 3 system is smaller (8-inch) and has more rounded edges as seen in this picture as compared to the 9-inch flyaudio system.
Yes it does seem likely because it was mentioned before that this new SE trim will come with TPMS which is present only with the Sync3 system in the titanium S trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Model nomenclature suggests it's export surplus, originally meant for another RHD market, so it may have features made-for-India specimens don't.
One major feature that the export Ecosport gets is a Blind Spot monitoring system which is present in the SE trim sold internationally. It would be a good move if this is indeed being made available for the upcoming SE trim to be sold here.
Old 20th February 2021, 13:33   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
On the plus side, there used to be this notion that the made for India models might be a little compromised, maybe the SE isn't?

Ford's release that they will finalise and announce their India strategy within 30 days, is the only glimmer of hope I have, that one way or the other we'll know what is going to happen. Fingers crossed.
Yes, I was also thinking if the SE gets offbeat features(AWD-unrealistic expectation) that are really worthwhile increasing my budget for I would maybe think of changing it. Regarding the rear tailgate there is always the option to procure one in good condition/new and have it painted and fit on the car for the original Ecosport looks.

Also checked with the Sales Executive if this will get AWD as was speculated a few posts ago. Sadly it is a no.
Old 20th February 2021, 16:26   #78
BHPian

The 2021 Ecosport will soon have a new SE variant which loses out on the tailgate mounted spare-wheel. It will look similar to the international variant.
This variant wont have a spare wheel. Instead, the car will come with a puncture repair kit. The new variant has already reached a few dealers.

Source: https://gaadiwaadi.com/2021-ford-eco...d-spare-wheel/
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...e-wheel-419994
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Ford EcoSport Titanium variant now gets a sunroof (Updated price list)-fordecosportse11068x601.jpg  

Last edited by __.gxr.__ : 20th February 2021 at 16:38.
__.gxr.__ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 12:45   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
I don’t think so. Ford still has decent sales and not to forget their Indian plant is key in manufacturing cars for export. We would have heard a scoop buy now definitely if it were true, because Ford has a huge workforce in India. At least I hope not.

Regarding the updated/facelift Ecosport, once again we would have seen or heard some news about this by now. I think we are at least a year and a half away. I checked with my sales executive based on a few comments here and he said that even they have not heard anything internally.

Look at it this way, if you really like the current Ecosport just go for it. It has been in the market for 8 years and has proven to be a pretty reliable machine. If you do plan to wait for the updated Ecosport whenever it is launched it will be a whole new machine. Chances are high of initial batches having issues as with any all new model.

The only other vehicle that meets your requirements would be the Tata Nexon XM(S) petrol. Has everything, maybe go for XZ+(S) if it falls in your budget.
So, I recently (last 1 week) went on a road trip and took my Figo as the Revv team cancelled my booking of Eco Sport and Creta both at last moment. I had to take Figo and I must say in 2200 Kms that I drove, Figo behaved exceptionally well considering we travelled all kind of roads but mostly very good roads. It was either highways or gorgeous forest roads and some Village roads. Figo handled speed of 140 exceptionally well with luggage and 4 passengers and the trip was super.

I am ready to increase my budget till max 18 lakhs On road if I get a more powerful car but seems like all other powerful cars are either expensive or Korean. Please suggest.
Old 1st March 2021, 14:50   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
lol What exactly is the point of this variant?

The Ecosport had a huge attraction to buyers cause of the spare tyre at the back making it look like a "proper" SUV. Lose that and one the biggest appeals of the car is gone.
Yes it does not look good without the spare wheel on back, But I think Ford is trying to give a taste of NextGen Ecosport without Spare wheel. Now they removed the spare wheel, Next they might change the whole design and the other probability is Ford has no idea what they are doing.
Old 2nd March 2021, 21:53   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

and if you get stuck in some ghat section with a puncture in the middle of nowhere, then the only option is to park car and call RSA or
They should also provide a 12v tyre inflator as default. Will be handy in all tyre puncture situations since tubeless tyres do not leak air as rapidly as tube ones.

I also feel stock tyres should get puncture sealant filled in at time of delivery if possible.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 08:21   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

I don’t know if anyone else noticed but the 2021 EcoSport Titanium with a sunroof and 2 airbags has it’s grab handles deleted!

Not giving grab handles in the 6 airbag version was understandable but what was the reason to delete them in the 2 airbag version?

Who does this kind of cost-cutting?

Check the video 11:45 onwards
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 09:54   #83
BHPian

^^ Actually it never had grab handles in any variant with sunroof. My 2018 signature doesn't have it either. And some passengers really complain about it.
My personal view is thats it's okay they skipped those in the back - the interiors are already claustrophobic for some and the addition of sunroof lowers the perceived headroom further.
Old 6th March 2021, 18:27   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
I'm in a similar boat. I got the 'apologies for missed delivery date email' and a call from the dealership GM. They weren't ready to confirm a timeline though, as the GM admitted that they haven't received any information from FORD in terms of timelines due to the semiconductor shortage. When I asked him, if i can expect a March delivery (booked December 30th), he refused to confirm anything at this point. I have started exploring other options though.

Got a call from the SA at Rudraa Ford informing me that no Trend petrols were billed for the month in the monthly dispatch for March from Ford - as in for their dealership. so March is out, they will be getting back to me about availability of any other variants and they are checking availability with other dealers (I found this a little strange). I've remained non-committal for now and have asked them to update me.

My only concern now is, I think all cars in category have long waiting periods - at least the ones I'm interested in. The Nexon I know does.

Might re-consider the S-Cross. Looking forward to the Kushaq now.
Old 2nd April 2021, 18:51   #85
BHPian

Quote:
I don’t know if anyone else noticed but the 2021 EcoSport Titanium with a sunroof and 2 airbags has it’s grab handles deleted!
We just got delivery of a 2021 Ecosport TDCI Titanium in my close circle.

It was found that the Keyless entry - lock and unlock buttons are silently removed. Not sure if it is removed from Titanium only or from all varients.
northstar* is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 20:04   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
It was found that the Keyless entry - lock and unlock buttons are silently removed. Not sure if it is removed from Titanium only or from all varients.
Hi northstar,
Can you clarify if it's the front passenger side sensors only or both the passenger and driver side keyless entry sensors?

When we got our Ecosport Titanium AT last year, I too had noticed that the sensor was not there on the passenger side but present on the driver's door. In the stockyard, the SA showed us the higher Titanium + and S variants and said that sensors on both sides were only for the higher variants.
Old 3rd April 2021, 03:50   #87
BHPian

Quote:
We just got delivery of a 2021 Ecosport TDCI Titanium in my close circle.

Hi northstar*

EcoSport has a sensor on the driver side door handle for keyless entry. My car that I took delivery of on March 20 has it.

To unlock the the car you need to grab the door handle to open the door and to lock the car you need to touch the 3 lines (ridges/grooves) on the driver side door handle. Similarly just have to press the boot electric release to open only the boot door with the keyless fob in your pocket.

EcoSport does not have physical buttons on the outer door handles like in the case of cars with keyless entry from other manufacturers. Also yes the Titanium version gets the keyless sensor only on the driver side. I would request you/your friend to recheck.

Quote:
The simple reason for Missing grab handles that I can think of is the addition of sunroof. Initially Ford introduced sunroof only on the top trims and those came with 6 airbags, hence no grab handles. When they started offering the sunroof on the Titanium and Signature edition I guess they must have just used the same headliner(part no. as top trim) minus the airbag sticker. From a manufacturer point of view seems easier rather than including another part no with a headline that includes both the sunroof specific cutout as well as the mounting points for the grab handles.

Last edited by Shanksta : 3rd April 2021 at 03:59.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 07:36   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saminxs View Post
So, I recently (last 1 week) went on a road trip and took my Figo as the Revv team cancelled my booking of Eco Sport and Creta both at last moment. I had to take Figo and I must say in 2200 Kms that I drove, Figo behaved exceptionally well considering we travelled all kind of roads but mostly very good roads. It was either highways or gorgeous forest roads and some Village roads. Figo handled speed of 140 exceptionally well with luggage and 4 passengers and the trip was super.

I am ready to increase my budget till max 18 lakhs On road if I get a more powerful car but seems like all other powerful cars are either expensive or Korean. Please suggest.
Korean cars arent expensive or powerful ? You can think of a Harrier or a Compass if you stretch a bit, or you can wait for the Taigun/Kushaq.
Old 3rd April 2021, 10:31   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Hi northstar,
Can you clarify if it's the front passenger side sensors only or both the passenger and driver side keyless entry sensors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi northstar*

EcoSport has a sensor on the driver side door handle for keyless entry. My car that I took delivery of on March 20 has it. .
Sorry guys for the confusion, I was trying to highlight the deletion on keyless entry sensors from Passenger Side only.

Not sure when this deletion had happened. We have a Jan 2020 Titanium which has the passenger side lock - unlock sensor and now in the March 2021 Titanium, it is missing.
Old 3rd April 2021, 15:01   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure when this deletion had happened. We have a Jan 2020 Titanium which has the passenger side lock - unlock sensor and now in the March 2021 Titanium, it is missing.
If I had to guess, they probably would have removed the passenger side sensors with the BS6 updated variants

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks