Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2021, 13:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volvo S90 : Interior, leather and cosmetic issues after just 39,000 km

What a load of hot air (pun intended) from the dealer. It gets equally hot in Texas and Las Vegas as it does in Delhi and Jaipur. I've never heard of a problem with cars in the USA.

Volvo and the dealer can't hide behind the poor quality of parts. Every brand can have a few defective cars - response to such incidents make or break a brand and customer loyalty.

Fight against Volvo till they resolve it to your satisfaction. Good luck.
landcruiser123 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 14:47   #32

One reads the information so far and (on a lighter note) analyses it as follows
Information one reads from various posts on the thread :
One - A flagship luxury car can have its skin peeling in a short usage of three years. The instrument cluster can conk off. They cost a bomb to replace. Can not be repaired.
Two - Some people who have little information can conclude that it must be OPs fault, because we have sun in India to expose the car to and that it is possible to buy solvents to rub your car.
Three - Since the expensive car comes with a two-year warranty, some have concluded that OP made misjudgment on the intrinsic quality of the car. He was forewarned. “Buyer Beware”.
Four - Some people believe that the OP did not know how to use the car and the car reached 60 celsius or more and the reason for that was the OP did not keep the windows open.

Now what are the conclusions one can draw .
One. - Oh yes, we have both sun and solvents in India.
Two - Because we have sun in India, one should buy an extended warranty. If the extended warranty is not bought either one should not buy the car, or one should be prepared to suffer poor quality.
Three – People can draw extensive conclusions with very little information

The OP deserves better from Volvo.
metal is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 09:52   #33
BHPian

This is ridiculous!!

I have used a Volvo xc40 in Qatar for a couple of years while i was working there and faced no such issues AND IT IS HORRIBLE HOT THERE!

The main issues highlighted in Qatar were AC leaks and evaporator problems but which the dealership DOMASCO always rectified. If i am right the warranty was 5 years standard.
Volvos were not the highest selling cars there not even close, but i knew a bunch of people who owned them and never heard of such a frustrating owning experience considering the price paid for the car here.

Feel sorry for the owner here!
SN88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 19:14   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post

These are serious problems and I only feel sorry for the owner. Volvo with this quality has a tough road ahead, not that they are selling much. I also feel premium or any other brand extended warranty is a no-brainer and here the owner has made a huge mistake by not opting for it. (Assuming it was a option).

Finally cannot help but make the Chinese connection with this quality.
Well, there is an option for extended warranty which they intimate you only by emails. And even though there was an extended warranty, the wear and tear in leather and upholstery is not covered by the extended warranty as suggested by Volvo. SO WHATS THE POINT TO CLAIM THAT ANYWAY..!!

And I completely disagree. I have been using German made cars such as Mercedes E class, Audi Q3, Q5 previously and never has that issue even after 5 years. Additionally the issue isn't just about the replacement but also addressing the quality issue even after 15 emails. There has been no response or a detailed reasoning or even a report shared with the customer from the company. So, your remedy to the case here is very farfetched.

In this case there is no other side as there hasn't been a response apart from a vague implication that the car is parked out in the direct sunlight. Also, talking about TLC, the car is cleaned with the best equipment in the market as well has a 3M annual maintenance package. Also, the case isn't about the best finish but the best quality suited for our temperate climate. Furthermore, being a customer of German cars such as AUDI Q3, Q5 and Mercedes E class, I have never heard or faced such an issue so its disappointing.

Last edited by vb-saan : 26th January 2021 at 06:29. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
adityaparakh93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 08:32   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityaparakh93 View Post
Well, there is an option for extended warranty which they intimate you only by emails. And even though there was an extended warranty, the wear and tear in leather and upholstery is not covered by the extended warranty as suggested by Volvo. SO WHATS THE POINT TO CLAI seeM THAT ANYWAY..!!

And I completely disagree. I have been using German made cars such as Mercedes E class, Audi Q3, Q5 previously and never has that issue even after 5 years. Additionally the issue isn't just about the replacement but also addressing the quality issue even after 15 emails. There has been no response or a detailed reasoning or even a report shared with the customer from the company. So, your remedy to the case here is very farfetched.

In this case there is no other side as there hasn't been a response apart from a vague implication that the car is parked out in the direct sunlight. Also, talking about TLC, the car is cleaned with the best equipment in the market as well has a 3M annual maintenance package. Also, the case isn't about the best finish but the best quality suited for our temperate climate. Furthermore, being a customer of German cars such as AUDI Q3, Q5 and Mercedes E class, I have never heard or faced such an issue so its disappointing.
Absolutely right, Aditya.
I think you're a victim of planned obsolescence, which the Koreans brought into India with their white goods, and the Chinese have now perfected.
In the past I've worked in engineering in GM and Mercedes Benz in India and they really intended their cars to last (yes, the odd niggle here and there).
I've been driving a Spark for the last eleven years, and not a single thing has broken or peeled off the trim, despite a battalion of nieces and nephews playing with the buttons and vents like toys.
But hey, looks like building rock solid trim just throws you out of the market faster, doesn't it?
panda_ammonium is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks