Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2007, 19:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
DC will teach them the skills, they will use their own imagination.
To borrow from GB Shaw (with apologies to the master), what if they come out with THEIR skills and HIS imagination?
Old 18th April 2007, 23:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

An excellent move by DC!

Some time ago I wanted to do a course in Vehicle Design but there was nothing in India.

IIT's IDC does have an industrial design course with transport design as a small part of the programme, but this means ill have to study a lot of other stuff besides what i wanted to focus on i.e. CARS

NID's transport design course only has a course at the PG level which again means studying a lot of stuff besides cars at the UG level.

According to this report DC will offer both UG and PG courses which is just GREAT! The Indian auto industry is really going to benefit from this. I also see the aftermarket industry getting a lot more competitive
Old 19th April 2007, 00:10   #18
Team-BHP Support

I think this is an absolutely great initiative.

As for everyone who is putting it down, it's sad that something like this gets a response like that especially on an automotive forum in a country where enthusiasts and budding talent are frustrated with the infrastructure, manufacturers, education and opportunities....

Despite the fact that my design sensibilities have a hard time embracing DC's aesthetic, i couldnt think of someone who has more design experience, business experience, exposure and infrastructure than DC, and i hope that this will be a really successful and fruitful venture for this institution and its students.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th April 2007 at 00:16.
Old 19th April 2007, 00:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Chhabria's College of Automotive Studies where the student learn how to spoil looks of your totaly beautiful car

We use nhc tail lights where ever possible give us your car and we will ruin it for you and take money for it

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th April 2007 at 01:09. Reason: Do not post in all bold text.
Old 19th April 2007, 00:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

what the hell. Someone has the b@ll$ and infrastructure to come up with something like this and people here are worried we will make more and more ugly-looking cars.

what you guys who condemn DC have failed to see is that his company is poised to take a fair share of the concept prototyping market. That takes some doing. Aston Martin doesnt come to you and say "Build our next concept car for us" for nothing. Its obvious he's done whats needed to bag that kind of contract and we should be happy that he is giving back to the country by starting such an institute.

never mind that this might be a money-making venture, but there definitely are better and quicker ways to make money.
Old 19th April 2007, 09:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

The Aston Martin wasn't "designed" by DC, it was only built. But have to give him credit for the superb quality of that concept car.
Old 19th April 2007, 11:06   #22
BHPian

I think that is a very good move. I hope the admissions take place on PURE MERIT instead to those with financial/political muscle power....

But how is that this report is not carried out by the Indian Media...???
Old 19th April 2007, 12:00   #23
BHPian

I think it is a fantastic opportunity for Indians to learn the skills academically. Applying them creatively and getting lucky to acquire tasteful customers is another thing altogether.

Who do you guys think qualify as faculty in this school. My nominations

I K Jot along with his metal worker for the Sheet Metal shop (Since he claims in his website that he is a designer who cannot draw but makes sure his metal worker does a good job Jedi Knight style....err mental communication....)

Karan Johar as creative director to teach them to cater to that 'Special' clientele with a soft feminine side.

Any more nominations ?

cheers
Bullfrog
Old 20th April 2007, 19:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
Karan Johar as creative director to teach them to cater to that 'Special' clientele with a soft feminine side.
cheers
Bullfrog
I'm extremely agitated that the above sentence has not been terminated with a winking smiley. Surely you are joking, aren't you ????

I stopped watching movies because of the kind of crap people like him make. It'll be terrible if I have to stop driving cars too.
Old 20th April 2007, 20:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Well I have to agree with Rehaan & Ananth here. This is a very positive step for our market & budding designers. Right now anybody who wants to learn how to design an automobile has to go abroad for proper education. This venture if operated properly will give a lot more impetus to Automobile Design in India.

Let's just hope that the students don't subscribe to the Ikjyot or DC thoughts of design!!
Old 21st April 2007, 22:14   #26
SRK
Senior - BHPian

WOW!!!!!!!!

If I get a chance I'll go there.....

I have always loved DC's work (I mean only the interiors and few cars)

I would love to get trained under him.

Hope to complete my Auto engg.(if possible) and then join DC's school..
Old 29th January 2008, 15:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Dilip Chhabria to roll out car design school

Dilip Chhabria will start his own state-of-the-art institute of automobile design in Pune with a proposed investment of Rs 60 crore. The multi-disciplinary institute is expected to become operational by 2009.

The DC College of Automotive Studies will have both undergraduate and two-year PG courses, with students designing cars and also marketing them commercially. French major Renault Design will be one of the industry partners for this scalable-up-to-1,500-student college, which is likely to be a deemed university as well. It will be a totally independent facility different from the current outfit ‘Dilip Chhabria Design Pvt.

Read more Dilip Chhabria to roll out car design school- Corporate Announcement-News By Company-News-The Economic Times
Old 29th January 2008, 18:33   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Its not the first. There is a institution called NID/NIID or something.
there is the National Institute of Design (NID) in Ahmedabad
Old 29th January 2008, 19:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
there is the National Institute of Design (NID) in Ahmedabad
You can specialize in vehicle design only at the pg level and have to study industrial design at the ug level.

I hope DC gets some good professors with industry experience to teach.
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Any furthur news on this ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks