Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2007, 12:37   #16
Team-BHP Support

Spacio is the Rural Sumo. Sumo comes with even more bells and whistles including the TCIC 90bhp engine. But if anybody is looking for a vehicle in that segment, spacio is more reliable and can take much more abuse.
Old 27th April 2007, 13:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't Spacio a variant of Sumo, won't this eat into Sumo Victa territory?
The picture is clear.

Tata is upgrading the Spacio so that the Sumo Victa can be phased out. The Victa will be then replaced by the new Sumo. After Victa phaseout, expect more goodies from the Victa to come into the Spacio.

Analytically, the old-gen sumo (Spacio to be precise) will compete with the Bolero and the new-gen Sumo (to be launched soon) will compete with the likes of the Scorpio in the premium end of the MUV segment albeit a notch below the Safari.
Old 27th April 2007, 13:52   #18
BHPian

Spacio has a direct injection engine, whereas the Victa has indirect injection engine. It is the Victa that has TCIC and generates 90 bhp.

The earlier Spacios used to generate only around 65 bhp despite the direction injection engine.

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Spacio is the Rural Sumo. Sumo comes with even more bells and whistles including the TCIC 90bhp engine. But if anybody is looking for a vehicle in that segment, spacio is more reliable and can take much more abuse.
Old 28th April 2007, 19:45   #19
BHPian

The only thing good about the Spacio is its time tested 407 engine that comes with a 4 ,00,000 Kms warranty. The Spare wheel has been pushed under the rear portion while the rear foot rest still juts out by about 200 mm. The seat height has also been increased which gives a clear view of the front tip of the Bonnet. The seats are mediocre and a huge cavity between the the driver's and the co-passenger's seat is unutilized.

Over all I feel Tatas are on the back foot with the launch of this variant and its very apparent that their engineers have run out of ideas.

God bless.
Old 4th May 2007, 12:05   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
I hear the FE of Safari around not more than 11 ave. Even the Dicor doesn't really help in any way in FE for Safari, if I am not wrong! If Safari can get somewhere around 15kmpl ave, it is one of a very few good reasons to buy Safari!
My DiCOR EX gives me 9.5 kpl in city driving. On the highway, it varies between 11 kpl (unrestrained mode, upshifts at 2500 rpm in every gear) to 14 kpl (upshifts at 2000 rpm in every gear, don't exceed 2000 rpm in 5th).
The A/C is always on.

My TASC says older Safaris were known to return much lower figures.
Old 4th May 2007, 21:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

All this is good, but my idea of an upgraded spacio is totally different.

Buy an old spacio throw the engine out and plonk in the 410 trucks engine then wear a helmet and drive. Well the Helmet is not for physical protection but that of Identity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks