Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2021, 11:55   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Kia Seltos to get a panoramic sunroof soon

Keeping the piece of glass aside, I hope KIA uses this opportunity to strengthen the body shell and improve the crash worthiness. And fix the AC plumbing for the rear vents as well as front defoggers.

Rest all are good to haves.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 12:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk077 View Post
OT but this reminded me of a quote I read in a kernel programming book in the context of kernel crashes - your odds of being eaten by a tiger in the streets of New York is very low but it happening once is enough.
Quoting myself -
2. Insurance: It is known that people tend to underestimate the risk (or black swan events).
I know for a fact that people underestimate the risk and its effects. There is a private value one places on one's life, which is invaluable. But there is a public value. When there is a product that eliminates risk commensurate with the public value at a market clearing price, you get a success story. The cars in the Indian market are simply a reflection of these dynamics. That's all.
sramanat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 12:05   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post

I would personally always want to have a vehicle that is designed to be safe and protect it's occupants rather than bling being it's USP.

Coming to the topic, this would be a welcome addition to the Seltos and should really help it's sales. Hope they reduce the stiffness in the ride quality in the facelift too!
Yes, I personally agree with your opinion but outside automotive circles like Team-bhp, it does-not matter.

Brakes and other serious issues of Hyundais are a known fact and we all know that most Maruti's are death traps but they are the rank holders in the Indian car market. I wanted a Compass but succumbed to family pressure and even then they are asking me why I went for the pricey top variant.

My reply : You selected the car and color, atleast let me select the variant with the 6 six airbags for some amount of my peace of mind.

The sad truth is features, value for money, bling etc. sells cars India, its only the few enthusiasts who care for things such as good mechanicals and high safety rating and companies cannot survive on enthusiasts' business alone.
shomeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 12:05   #34
BHPian

Wow! A panoramic sunroof would look swell in the Seltos.

But wait!! Won't adding a bigger hole at the top reduce the crashworthiness even further. I am sure that if they test the Pano sunroof version now, they can get a haloed 2 stars in the GNCAP. Last time they missed it by a whisker.

Way to go KIA!!!

Last edited by racer_ash : 24th March 2021 at 12:07.
racer_ash is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 12:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
But wait!! Won't adding a bigger hole at the top reduce the crashworthiness even further. I am sure that if they test the Pano sunroof version now, they can get a haloed 2 stars in the GNCAP. Last time they missed it by a whisker.
Well KIA couldn’t care less about the crash worthiness as proven by the sales figures post the GNCAP result. Absolutely zilch effect. But the pano sunroof will help their cause in increasing the number of sales even further as for our market being able to peep out of the roof of car is more important than bodyshell strength

Last edited by SoumenD : 24th March 2021 at 12:34.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 12:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Rumours suggest that Kia is working on an update for the Seltos. As part of this update, Kia could introduce a panoramic sunroof. It is said that the updated Seltos could be launched anytime soon.

Attachment 2136176

The Seltos was launched with a regular sunroof, while the Hyundai Creta, which shares its underpinnings with the Seltos, got a panoramic sunroof. Most of the Seltos' competition like the MG Hector and the Tata Harrier offer a panoramic sunroof. The next-gen Mahindra XUV500 is also expected to get one.

After the initial demand for the Seltos, sales have started to slide. While it still remains one of the best selling crossovers in the market, its sales are not even close to the numbers the Creta has been achieving. The introduction of a panoramic sunroof could be seen as a move to revive Seltos sales.

Attachment 2136177

Attachment 2136178

Attachment 2136179

Link to Team-BHP News
I have been hearing quiet some new about Kia launching the 2021 facelift with minor cosmetic changes and few features including the panoramic sunroof.
Old 24th March 2021, 13:31   #37

Kia most definitely would not add a panoramic sun roof in my opinion . As mentioned by several TeamBhpians the pano sunroof in the Creta is the main USP at the other end of the spectrum . For most of us , the statements that the Korean siblings are at war in India or a Skoda Octavia and VW Jetta are competing hard are just marketing gimmicks . Both manufacturers know that they wont give you everything in one product so you have to decide what is important and buy that product . This is illusionary competition .
Old 24th March 2021, 14:31   #38
AZT
BHPian

There's a lotta Kia bashing but at that price point what other car even has a safety rating, no point assuming anything if it's not tested.

The Thar is a 3 door 4x4 so thats a different target than the Seltos buyer.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 16:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Rumours suggest that Kia is working on an update for the Seltos. As part of this update, Kia could introduce a panoramic sunroof. It is said that the updated Seltos could be launched anytime soon.

Attachment 2136176

The Seltos was launched with a regular sunroof, while the Hyundai Creta, which shares its underpinnings with the Seltos, got a panoramic sunroof. Most of the Seltos' competition like the MG Hector and the Tata Harrier offer a panoramic sunroof. The next-gen Mahindra XUV500 is also expected to get one.

After the initial demand for the Seltos, sales have started to slide. While it still remains one of the best selling crossovers in the market, its sales are not even close to the numbers the Creta has been achieving. The introduction of a panoramic sunroof could be seen as a move to revive Seltos sales.

Attachment 2136177

Attachment 2136178

Attachment 2136179

Link to Team-BHP News
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...e-april-420305

Autocar India has confirmed the Seltos facelift launch by April.
It is said to feature to new logo of Kia, which will also be the debut in India.
Regarding the panoramic sunroof, it is not yet confirmed, but most likely to be featured in the facelift along with few more features.

Kia does not want their numbers to drop!
Old 24th March 2021, 18:23   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
There's a lotta Kia bashing but at that price point what other car even has a safety rating, no point assuming anything if it's not tested.
How about something from a segment or two below? When cars costing 50% less than the Seltos offer superior GNCAP safety ratings, isn't better safety expected from Kia at that price point?
Vibhav-Van is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 18:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

Very useful feature. If brakes fail while car is at high speed, passengers can pray Uppar vala malik to save them through panoramic roof

Last edited by gkveda : 24th March 2021 at 18:31.
gkveda is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 18:55   #42

I own a Seltos and more than Panaromic sunroof, I would desire a little softer suspension. I understand that it gives me immense confidence on highways, but for city, I wish I wouldn't have to rely on lesser tyre pressure.
In an ideal world, if not 5, then atleast 4 star NCAP rating (for psychological peace of mind), little softer suspension, and panaromic sunroof would have attracted way more customers out from Hyundai showrooms.
rbabar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 12:38   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Seltos Facelift To Launch On 27th April 2021 With Panoramic Sunroof And New Logo.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th March 2021 at 12:55.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 12:49   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Very useful feature. If brakes fail while car is at high speed, passengers can pray Uppar vala malik to save them through panoramic roof
True that, Panaromic Sunroof used in this right way can easily overcome faulty brakes and unstable body shell structure - ek teer se do shikaar
Old 25th March 2021, 15:44   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbabar View Post
In an ideal world, if not 5, then at least 4 star NCAP rating (for psychological peace of mind), little softer suspension, and panaromic sunroof would have attracted way more customers out from Hyundai showrooms.
Fully agreed. There are 3 points where the new Hyundai Creta scores over Kia Seltos- despite having similar powertrains and polarizing looks)-

1. Softer suspension, leading to a more compliant ride.
2. Panoramic sunroof- a first-in-segment
3. Paddle shifters for easy manual shifting in automatic variants- again a first-in-segment

It may be noted that Kia Seltos offers a wider choice to customers. E.g., a manual option in turbo engines and 6 airbags in lower-than-top variants
RiverRanger is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks