Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used Ford EcoSport today?
Yes 255 69.11%
No 114 30.89%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 10:24   #61
BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford EcoSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
So there’s one variant. But it looks like it’s a very rare variant.
Funny enough, this was the exact variant I was thinking of buying in bangalore (there was a 2020, 4k kms done, pristine model on sale). I loved the car, I think this is the best automatic option in CSUV segment.
Sadly, wife dint like the slightly hard brake, seat/ergonomics and thick A pillar of the car, so we had to let it pass.
speedracer05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 13:21   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer05 View Post
Funny enough, this was the exact variant I was thinking of buying in bangalore (there was a 2020, 4k kms done, pristine model on sale). I loved the car, I think this is the best automatic option in CSUV segment.
Sadly, wife dint like the slightly hard brake, seat/ergonomics and thick A pillar of the car, so we had to let it pass.
I also think this is the best CSUV in that variant and only thing it misses is rear disc brakes. Unfortunately there’s not a single example for sale in NCR. I would have to settle for Titanium with no sunroof and two airbags. How much was the asking price for the example in Bangalore?
Old 19th January 2022, 13:55   #63
BHPian

I was planning on buying this from spiny (11.14 lakhs) - https://www.spinny.com/buy-used-cars...n-bangalore/s/

Unfortunately used car prices are very high in bangalore. It will be a lot lower in delhi.

Do checkout magnite / kiger. Great automatics (especially in the price range).

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th February 2022 at 22:24. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Also editing for suitable punctuation.
speedracer05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 15:49   #64
BHPian

Quote:
I was planning on buying this from spiny (11.14 lakhs) - https://www.spinny.com/buy-used-cars...n-bangalore/s/
Unfortunately used car prices are very high in bangalore, it will be a lot lower in delhi.
Prices are better compared to Bangalore but dealers are jacking them up quite a bit. I have a 2019 model with 16 K kms up for sale with 17 inches wheels sunroof but the car is in manual avatar. The asking price is less than 8 lacs. This car is through an individual. Also the more I am trying to understand the variants the more I am getting confused. Shouldn’t this variant have 17 inch wheels? The one in Spinny link you shared.
Quote:
Do checkout magnite/kiger great automatics (especially in the price range)
Hi Speedracer

I did check Magnite but I didn’t like the design for either of them. They look like a bigger hatch.
Old 19th January 2022, 17:27   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Prices are better compared to Bangalore but dealers are jacking them up quite a bit. I have a 2019 model with 16 K kms up for sale with 17 inches wheels sunroof but the car is in manual avatar. The asking price is less than 8 lacs. This car is through an individual. Also the more I am trying to understand the variants the more I am getting confused. Shouldn’t this variant have 17 inch wheels?
I have a local copy of Ecosport 2019 brochure(October). Attaching it. See if it helps!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Brochure-Ford-Ecosport-2019.pdf (3.26 MB, 492 views)

Last edited by skarthiksr : 19th January 2022 at 17:28.
Old 19th January 2022, 20:05   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
I have a local copy of Ecosport 2019 brochure(October). Attaching it. See if it helps!
Hi skarthiksr

This was helpful. Apparently the car available with Mahindra first Choice was Titanium Plus as per this brochure since it had Cruise Control and paddle shifters and when I asked the sales representative how many airbags the car has he responded two wherein it should’ve had six. I called him after checking the brochure to confirm the number of airbags but the car was sold by then.
Old 25th January 2022, 21:56   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately used car prices are very high in bangalore, it will be a lot lower in delhi.
I have come across one on cars24 for 10.09 lacs. The price is non negotiable. The car has 7xxx kms in odo and has warranty till 2023 September. I have booked the car and currently in process of completing the payment. However I am still unsure of the purchase. 10 lacs feels like too much money for the car. Would you have bought the example you shared for 11.14 if your wife hadn’t rejected it?
Old 25th January 2022, 22:20   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Would you have bought the example you shared for 11.14 if your wife hadn’t rejected it?
Used Car prices in bangalore are unreasonably expensive (especially for a ford that has shut shop). So if you ask me, both cars were overpriced, but if ecosport is what you want, I doubt prices will get better in near future.

So, given that, if you like the car go for it. I would have bought it too.

Just understand that it may depreciate faster than other cars. Call it cost for buying something good and something you like.

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th February 2022 at 22:28. Reason: Editing punctuation.
speedracer05 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 21:57   #69
BHPian

The prices in used car market for a diesel ecosport seem crazy high. Even when the manufacturer has shut shop in the country! 2019/20 ecosport titanium plus diesel variants with low odo go as high as 10-11L.
I wonder if ecosport TDCi engine is THAT good to command such a price even when Ford no longer exists in India and the new owner will be relegated to the mercy of existing service centres and their moods, or a trusty FNG.
Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 11:40   #70

Advice needed on buying a used Ford Ecosport

I am in the market for a used car and recently got an opportunity to buy a 2014 ecosport ambiente petrol at a price of 3.5 lakhs. My mechanic said that the car is in great condition, and when I test drove it, I liked it too. It has done about 40k kms and it is driven by one person only so far. Other than the usual Ford no longer being in India concerns, I have the following thoughts as well;

1. Registration and name transfer will take another Rs. 10k. So that makes it 3.6 lakhs. The tax is due in Feb 2024, so thats another 40-45k. So effectively the car becomes a 4 lakh car.
2. I understand from reading this forum that the diesel engine is very good in ecosport and also the dragon petrol. But I dont have much clue on the petrol engine of a 2014 ecosport. How reliable is this one?
3. The owner says the mileage is about 11-12 kmpl in City. With the rising petrol prices this is also a concern.
4. If I need to sale this car in 3-4 years, I am probably not able to get anything out of it. Ford not being in India anymore along with the fact that its already a 8 year old car and there is now a 15 year policy for cars in my state, these 2 facts will lead to very little resale vaue.

My heart says but this car, but cant convince my head yet. That is why I am asking your advice on this. The main things I am looking for is reliability, stable ride especially in highways, and safety.

So what do you think? Should I go for it or is it not worth it at this price?

Thank you.
tyroneshoelaces is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 12:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice needed on buying a used Ford Ecosport

Since this is a 8 year old car, suspension, tyres and batery may have to be replaced. In used car market, meter tampering is rampant, so no guarantee about odometer readings.If you plan to keep the car for 2 years, expect a depreciation of 60-70% of buying price. The realistic mileage will be 10-12 kmpl on an average. My offer price to the seller will be 2.5 to 2.7 lakhs.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 12:43   #72
BHPian

Re: Advice needed on buying a used Ford Ecosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyroneshoelaces View Post

1. Registration and name transfer will take another Rs. 10k. So that makes it 3.6 lakhs. The tax is due in Feb 2024, so thats another 40-45k. So effectively the car becomes a 4 lakh car.
4 lakhs for an 8 year old Ecosport Ambiente petrol? That's likely more than 60-65% of it's price when it was brand new!
rkv_2401 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 16:02   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Since this is a 8 year old car, suspension, tyres and batery may have to be replaced. In used car market, meter tampering is rampant, so no guarantee about odometer readings.If you plan to keep the car for 2 years, expect a depreciation of 60-70% of buying price. The realistic mileage will be 10-12 kmpl on an average. My offer price to the seller will be 2.5 to 2.7 lakhs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_2401 View Post
4 lakhs for an 8 year old Ecosport Ambiente petrol? That's likely more than 60-65% of it's price when it was brand new!
Thanks to both of you. I was about to make a firm offer of 3.3 lakhs. The search continues.
Old 7th September 2022, 13:35   #74
BHPian

I am curious as to why the Tax is due in 10 years. Do Petrol cars not have 15 year registration by default?

My cousin in Rajasthan asked for a price of his Ecosport which they bought in 2013 and had 1L odd ODO. They were exchanging for a Hyundai i10 grand and the exit price quoted was 3 Lakhs but this was before Ford exited. After the exit, due to speculations, prices have fallen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks