Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2021, 16:43   #46
BHPian

Re: July 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

My Dads Honda City 2009 Model is now 12 years old and although it's running like a charm we feel it's time to move on. Our Priority is a Higher GC+ Petrol NA engine + Good Build quality.
I was quick to suggest Ford Ecosport but looking at the numbers it seems it would be a gamble going with Ford.
I am so disappointed as I cant seem to see any other option which fulfills the requirements.
Finally, the only vehicle which comes close to it is Brezza with a 1.5 Litre NA engine or we could go with Creta but the waiting period is never-ending.
Please suggest what should I do?
Old 12th August 2021, 16:48   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
My Dads Honda City 2009 Model is now 12 years old and although it's running like a charm we feel it's time to move on. Our Priority is a Higher GC+ Petrol NA engine + Good Build quality.
I was quick to suggest Ford Ecosport but looking at the numbers it seems it would be a gamble going with Ford.
I am so disappointed as I cant seem to see any other option which fulfills the requirements.
Finally, the only vehicle which comes close to it is Brezza with a 1.5 Litre NA engine or we could go with Creta but the waiting period is never-ending.
After being used to all that space in the City, Brezza would feel cramped. I suggest please look at S-Cross. If you are looking at lower variants of Creta, they would have lesser waiting period of a couple of months. Since you are not in a hurry, you can book one and wait for the Creta of your choice.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 16:57   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
After being used to all that space in the City, Brezza would feel cramped. I suggest please look at S-Cross. If you are looking at lower variants of Creta, they would have a lesser waiting period of a couple of months. Since you are not in a hurry, you can book one and wait for the Creta of your choice.
Space might not be an issue because most of the time my parents travel alone and I believe Scross can be a good contender. Let me take a look at that.
Creta S version does suffice our requirement so maybe that is what we will go for but again it's always better to make an informed decision after going through any other options we might have.
Another reason for not jumping to Creta directly is that I also own a Creta 19 Model so having 2 of them in the family I dunno feels weird
Appreciate your suggestion brother.

Last edited by Artyom : 12th August 2021 at 17:03.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 17:41   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have a look at the Urban Cruiser as well. Otherwise look at the Honda WR-V, gets a NA engine and good GC. EcoSport is surely a gamble but do remember spares will be available always, just in case they leave India. Currently in that segment the EcoSport has the best NA engine at the moment!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 12th August 2021 at 17:43.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 17:53   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Have a look at the Urban Cruiser as well. Otherwise look at the Honda WR-V, gets a NA engine and good GC. EcoSport is surely a gamble but do remember spares will be available always, just in case they leave India. Currently in that segment the EcoSport has the best NA engine at the moment!
Scross is NEXA exclusive and pretty much ticks all the boxes.
If it is Brezza then surely ill get the urban cruiser instead for peace of mind.
Heart says Ecosport but the mind says either Brezza/Scross or Creta
Honda is not on the list due to build quality since the vehicle will be driven mostly by parents and at this age I don't want to buy a flimsy car for them.
Ecosport has the best build-out of these but then Ford is a gamble. I guess bad luck.
Old 12th August 2021, 19:13   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Force doesn't share its model-wise numbers, but here's something from their press release:

Quote:
Pune based automotive major Force Motors Limited registered a sales growth of 172% in the domestic market and 243% in exports during April - July 2021. The company sold (domestic plus exports) 6,486 units in the period April to July 2021 as compared to 2,311 units sold in the first four months of the previous year.

EBITDA for the quarter ended June 30, 2021 stood at Rs. 51 Cr. as against Rs. (44) Cr. for the quarter ended June 30, 2020, indicating a growth of 214%.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 20:39   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Have you forgotten Kushaq/Taigun? They are more competent than the Creta and more easily available
Old 12th August 2021, 21:23   #53

Mod Note: There are several language, spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 13th August 2021 at 11:40.
JaiHanuman is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th August 2021, 21:43   #54
BHPian

Quote:
I was quick to suggest Ford Ecosport but looking at the numbers it seems it would be a gamble going with Ford
You may reconsider ES AT, it fulfills all your requirements. Delivery times are real short these days, I got mine in less than a month.
Old 12th August 2021, 22:12   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Have you forgotten Kushaq/Taigun? They are more competent than the Creta and more easily available
Well, I did consider them but again we are strictly focussing on a NA engine which in my opinion is relatively trouble-free and easy to maintain. Creta, Ford, Nexa, KIA are probably the only ones offering NA engines. Had VW that offering that would have been worth considering. But I appreciate your suggestions brother.
Old 12th August 2021, 22:16   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloriole View Post
You may reconsider ES AT, it fulfills all your requirements. Delivery times are real short these days, I got mine in less than a month.
Trust me it's really hard to let go ES out of the list and I would have bought it without a thought had FORD not screwed up things. The contenders on the other hand give you peace of mind which is a priority for my parents.
Old 12th August 2021, 23:32   #57
BHPian

Good to see Tata Motors doing so well and closing up on Hyundai. Would be interesting the see the split of Nexon's numbers (Gasoline+Diesel+EV), specially since they have been recently promoting that EV has been having same demand as Diesel.
chhotagujju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 00:40   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Sadly, there are not many good options other than a Creta or Seltos after coming from a Honda City. The next options would be Venue/Sonet as an alternative to the Ecosport. The Ecosport is not recommended at this stage since Ford's future in India is not clear. You can also look at a Baleno or Glanza and an Scross as well. I hope this helps.

My memory is not as good as it used to be but I used to know someone from a FB Creta group who had named their Creta as Artyom from one of the characters in the Metro series of games. I am just curious if you are the same person

Last edited by Chhanda Das : 13th August 2021 at 00:42.
Old 13th August 2021, 08:05   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chhanda Das View Post
Sadly, there are not many good options other than a Creta or Seltos after coming from a Honda City. The next options would be Venue/Sonet as an alternative to the Ecosport. The Ecosport is not recommended at this stage since Ford's future in India is not clear. You can also look at a Baleno or Glanza and an Scross as well. I hope this helps.

My memory is not as good as it used to be but I used to know someone from a FB Creta group who had named their Creta as Artyom from one of the characters in the Metro series of games. I am just curious if you are the same person
Yes madam I am the same person.I have named my vehicle 'Artyom'.I am also the member of the Hyundai Creta Group on FB as well.As of now we are trying to take TD between Creta/Seltos/SCross as they they meet our requirements the most of all.
Old 13th August 2021, 11:46   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Let's not make this a "What Car" discussion please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
For me and may others its not a surprise that Maruti's market share is constantly falling from around 55% to 45% in last 1 year or so.
Maruti is missing many trends and market-shifts:

- The 12 to 20 lakh segment is enjoying tremendous growth. Maruti has no midsize crossover to rival the Creta and gang.

- No BS6 diesel, in a market that still loves its diesels. This, despite having a wonderful 1.5L diesel developed in-house. Hyundai said over half of Creta sales are from the diesel.

- Nothing for safety conscious customers (except for a few rare gems).

- No smooth, modern automatics. It's either an AMT or an outdated 4-speeder.

- Which Maruti gives you ventilated seats, a panoramic sunroof or a strong sound system with subwoofer?

Maruti's formula will work in the 5 to 12 lakh segments, but not above them.

Last edited by GTO : 13th August 2021 at 11:47.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks