Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2024, 12:09   #1111
Team-BHP Support

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Folks, Which are the states that are readily giving BH series registration without troubles?
MH (at least Mumbai) is pretty smooth as well for BH registrations. I've seen several friends and colleagues get it without any drama or headache. I'm not aware of company registration aspect for this. To my mind it should make sense only for individuals on the basis that individuals are transferable not the company itself.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th January 2024 at 12:10.
Old 5th January 2024, 12:54   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
MH (at least Mumbai) is pretty smooth as well for BH registrations. I've seen several friends and colleagues get it without any drama or headache.
Pune is also quite active in BH registrations. In fact Pune RTO logged in the highest no of BH registrations in 2023 almost two fold increase over 2023. The news snippet says it all.
Attached Thumbnails
New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another-pune-bh-reg.jpg  

Old 5th January 2024, 20:20   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Apart from the road tax amount an additional amount of around Rs 400 was charged which was mentioned as some taxes (i don't remember exactly as it appeared in the credit card payment screen).
Probably convenience charge for the card then, rather than a tax.
Old 6th January 2024, 20:55   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
... How come you are seeing the two? ...
Not sure, might be this "Road Safety Tax/Cess" is applicable in the state where my motorcycle is registered. Or might be this is applicable on 2 wheeler only. I anyway proceeded with the payment and 2 additional road tax years got added on my digital RC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Folks, Which are the states that are readily giving BH series registration without troubles? ...
None, either they are giving with trouble or they are not giving at all. I feel sad for greedy southern states. In my case, they lost the 5% (half of the 10%, tax is split between centre and State) of BH series road tax because they wanted 21% on the KA series road tax.
Old 7th January 2024, 00:49   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetaWatt View Post
Not sure, might be this "Road Safety Tax/Cess" is applicable in the state where my motorcycle is registered. Or might be this is applicable on 2 wheeler only. I anyway proceeded with the payment and 2 additional road tax years got added on my digital RC.
I recently registered my 4-wheeler in Maharashtra. They did charge a (relatively) small amount under the head "Road Safety Tax/Cess", but it was a one time charge. If I check now for the next installment (2025-2027 period), it shows only the "MV Tax" portion, which was the major component in the initial payment at the time of registration. From what I remember, it applies to all new registrations in the state and it is supposed to be a one time cess.
Old 7th January 2024, 08:54   #1116

Hi BHPians,

Recently bought a Honda Elevate with BH registration from Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
As per my SA we won't receive any physical copy of the same ans everything has to be done digitally.
Can someone from Odisha who has bought their car with BH registration confirm this?
Old 8th January 2024, 22:51   #1117

I recently got BH Series Registration for my Hyundai Alcazar at Bhopal MP. The process was smooth without any hitches. I am a Central Govt employee and I was asked for my ID card. I was also asked for a letter from my head as address proof since my ID card did not have the latest address.

Looking at the application document, I concluded that

BH Series calculation was on Invoice price. In my case invoice price plus 45% was the Ex-Showroom price. Of this 45%, 28% was GST and 17% was Cess

Since the Invoice price was more than 10 Lacs, the calculation was

(10% of Inv Price X 2 X 1.25 ) divided by 15 = MV tax.

Summarising this : Inv Price (div by) 60 = MV Tax

There was an extra 875/- for New Regn + Plastic card fee + Service charge fee + SGST + CGST

Therefore total RTO Fees for the new vehicle was MV Tax + 875/-

In my case since ex showroom price was 45% above Inv Price, I concluded that

Ex Showroom Price (div by) 87 = MV tax

I also noticed that final Invoice price was different due to discounts but the MV tax was calculated on the declared Invoice price and not on the Final Invoice price

My two cents for helping anyone trying to find out the calculation method of MV tax from Ex Showroom price

Thanks
Stoic Surgeon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 19:22   #1118

Dear Friends, I am considering buying a new car in Maharashtra soon.

My question: Is it worth getting the BH registration number purely from a upfront cost saving point of you? If Yes, does anyone know- how easy is to re-register after the initial 2 years are over?
Old 10th January 2024, 21:27   #1119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonulives View Post

My question: Is it worth getting the BH registration number purely from a upfront cost saving point for you? If Yes, does anyone know- how easy is to re-register after the initial 2 years are over?
Registration is valid for 15 years and requires online tax payment every two years. If you don't work in a company that frequently transfers employees, it may not be worth registering for BH.
Polo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 21:54   #1120
BHPian

Hi are salary slips required for BH registration in MH (Thane) ?
Context is private employee, ID, form 60 as well as gst certificates are provided but the dealer is also asking for salary slips
Old 10th January 2024, 22:46   #1121
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Context is private employee, ID, form 60 as well as gst certificates are provided but the dealer is also asking for salary slips
While government employees are only required to submit their identity card, some RTOs may ask for Form 60. If your dealer requests salary slips, it's best to provide them to get the job done.
Polo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 08:32   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
While government employees are only required to submit their identity card, some RTOs may ask for Form 60. If your dealer requests salary slips, it's best to provide them to get the job done.
Salary slips are confidential information and not to be provided to the dealer. There is no requirement for the same for the BH registration, only Form 60 is required with details of office locations and GST info along with the employee info. No other document is required for BH registration. If dealer is asking, then ask them where is this requirement coming from?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 08:59   #1123
BANNED

Quote:
Salary slips are confidential information and not to be provided to the dealer. There is no requirement for the same for the BH registration, only Form 60 is required with details of office locations and GST info along with the employee info. No other document is required for BH registration. If dealer is asking, then ask them where is this requirement coming from?
I had to provide my salary slips from the past three months to be eligible for a corporate discount and to register for BH. However, my organization was hesitant to give me Form 60 and instead offered an employment certificate. I had to convince them about the importance of Form 60. Despite having clear guidelines, RTOs and dealers often ask for unnecessary documents, causing car buyers to have no choice but to comply to get their work done.
Old 11th January 2024, 13:50   #1124
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back post, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Getting BH registration is extremely convenient and certainly worth considering if one is eligible for it (Central Govt employees having transferrable jobs, Private sector employees with offices in 4 or more states/UT). First it provides you the advantage of moving with your car anywhere in the Country WO hassles of re registration and also importantly it saves Cash outflow since you will be paying State Road tax in installments over the next 15 years.

As far as your question - from my experience of recent car purchase with BH registration at Pune .. docs required are scanned colour copy of your Company badge/id, Working certificate from the employer on Form 60 (needs to have clear mention of your employee no, period of employment, designation, residential address, PAN no, UAN number Office mail id) and Address of Company offices in 4 or more states with GSTIN.
Just follow the form 60 format prescribed and get it on Company's letter head with signature. Submit original copy.

There is absolutely no need for providing Salary slips for BH registration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonulives View Post

My question: Is it worth getting the BH registration number purely from a upfront cost saving point of you? If Yes, does anyone know- how easy is to re-register after the initial 2 years are over?
It certainly saves the upfront cost since you will be paying the Road tax for 2 years and balance in installments.

I expect the payment for future installments to be simple since there is a provision to pay road tax on vahan.parivahan.gov.in web site by entering the vehicle details.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th January 2024 at 13:58. Reason: Back to back post, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.
007maverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 14:24   #1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007maverick View Post
Mod note: Back to back post, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.

It certainly saves the upfront cost since you will be paying the Road tax for 2 years and balance in installments.

I expect the payment for future installments to be simple since there is a provision to pay road tax on vahan.parivahan.gov.in web site by entering the vehicle details.
Yes, totally agree to the logic of paying in installments specially when there is very little monetary benefit of paying the entire amount upfront.

I am keen to know if there is anyone from Pune who took BH registration and has already been through the process of reregistering in Pune after 2 years .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks