Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2007, 23:43   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
What about Quality??

Just saw (an hour back) a brand new Dicor XL with the front left Indicator(on the side panel & not headlight one) popped out & this was a brand new car with all the pastic covers & without number plate on its way to BU bhandari showroom
The Dicor XL has no side indicators, as the indicators are integrated in the Outer Rear View Mirrors....But in place of the indicators in the XL Tatas have provided a badging (Grand or Classic)....so in the gap/hole its the badging missing not the indicator..
Old 17th May 2007, 23:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Oh so its like with Dicor engine you get a free hole at side for more air, is it for cold air intake
Well it looks like the competition needs a free hole to let out Hot Air, then.
Old 18th May 2007, 01:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milin View Post
The Dicor XL has no side indicators, as the indicators are integrated in the Outer Rear View Mirrors....But in place of the indicators in the XL Tatas have provided a badging (Grand or Classic)....so in the gap/hole its the badging missing not the indicator..
Yes, its a Indicator not the badging, as i did notice the indicator on the otherside.
Old 18th May 2007, 01:46   #19
Team-BHP Support

I think the problem for M&M multiplies several folds. Anyhow the market was not looking very keen on this Logan stuff (Steer, a Bihari asked me about why a car is named Lagaan... I found that as funny as your Logoff). Now to add to their woes Tatas have launched a common rail at a prize that is way behind Logan's base model. To compound matters, while M&M can add all the sugar, including a price correction they can not do much about those angular looks from the 80s. Compared to that I guess the Indigo looks like a beauty pageant winner.
Old 18th May 2007, 01:55   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Yes, its a Indicator not the badging, as i did notice the indicator on the otherside.
Busa, then it must have been a special made to order XL for you. Till date all the XLs I have seen have a Grand badge in place of an indicator above the front wheel well arch. Indicators are indeed fused with the mirrors. So milin is right in saying that the badge has probably gone missing, and not the indicator, from that hole.
Old 18th May 2007, 05:31   #21
BHPian

Great move from Tata...only of they could change the mindset of buyers about the quality of their products...guess moves like this would definitely help them...
Old 18th May 2007, 05:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Great move from Tata...only of they could change the mindset of buyers about the quality of their products...guess moves like this would definitely help them...
.. Next killer move should be to put the DICOR into an Indicab..Price it just right.. and TATA will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Godfather
Old 18th May 2007, 06:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
.. Next killer move should be to put the DICOR into an Indicab..Price it just right.. and TATA will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Godfather
Cant imagine cabbies driving their Dicored indicabs past other luxury cars...the Dicor should surely be seen in the Indica in the near future...

Any clue on the FE for these mills?
Old 18th May 2007, 11:46   #24
BHPian

hmmm.....that happened sooner than expected. good going. now for the DICOR Indica.

and also as per earlier post. Its reasonable to say the TATA has stabilised its product portfolio. Now its time they start refining the product and raise quality levels. even if they need to increase cost by 20~25K in the process.
Old 18th May 2007, 12:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milin View Post
This thread mentions atleat three cars without the badge, Are the Stickers fitted at showroom level ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Busa, then it must have been a special made to order XL for you. Till date all the XLs I have seen have a Grand badge in place of an indicator above the front wheel well arch. Indicators are indeed fused with the mirrors. So milin is right in saying that the badge has probably gone missing, and not the indicator, from that hole.

How come three cars(Two in Busa's pic & one I spotted) had the Badging missing from factory ???

Quote:
Well it looks like the competition needs a free hole to let out Hot Air, then.
I think its the Tata's no one else lowered their prices so fast.

Anyways as long as its a win win situation for cutomers, who cares
Old 18th May 2007, 12:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whether its badging or indicator i can assure you its was on the RHS and missing on the LHS.
Old 18th May 2007, 12:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

DICOR 1.4: Common Rail, only in name

The DICOR engine as introduced in Indigo and Marina hardly differs from the TDI version in terms of power and torque. The true potential of this engine remains unexploited for want of a bigger gearbox which (it seems) cannot be fitted in the engine bay of the current Indigo. Hence Tata continues with the old gearbox and an underexploited engine.

While reviewing the Indigo LX DICOR, the Autocar guys even mentioned that it has higher noise and poorer average than Indigo TDI. Now if that's true, what's all this noise about?

Looks like we'll have to wait for the next-gen Indica/Indigo before we can see DICOR 1.4's true colours.

Last edited by directinjection : 18th May 2007 at 12:45.
Old 18th May 2007, 12:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Cant imagine cabbies driving their Dicored indicabs past other luxury cars...the Dicor should surely be seen in the Indica in the near future...

Any clue on the FE for these mills?
Form what I know , the Dicor for indica is ready and should be launched in next 3 -4 months. Tata have 5 cars fitted with those engines in Telco pune factory.
Old 18th May 2007, 17:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

I was just going to say the same thing DI. This looks like technology to technology sake with no improvement in power or FE. Its hard to market something like this.
Old 18th May 2007, 17:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I was just going to say the same thing DI. This looks like technology to technology sake with no improvement in power or FE. Its hard to market something like this.
And even harder to justify to the customer what exactly the premium is being charged for.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks