Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2021, 13:48   #31
BHPian

Re: A Close Look | Tata Safari Gold Edition

This car will be a hit with the local politicians, the gold is too blingy for anyone else. The white gold car's interior is honestly horrendous and the dash looks just like a bathroom in a movie theatre. The normal people who buy this will most likely take an effort to remove the gold and will pay the extra amount for the rear seat ventilation and the sound system upgrade.
KingKong is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 14:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Echo the comments here - Not at all to my taste but I'm sure there is a customer for this which is what TML would have seen in their market research. As if we didn't have enough of a chrome overload, now we have Gold overload.

On a lighter note, looks like Tata took the JLR inspiration too seriously and went to 'Jaquar' this time for the interiors . That white marble dash insert screams bathroom !
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 14:06   #33
BHPian

If bling was that repulsive for masses, you wouldn't see so much of it in Punjab as well as Karol Bagh, Delhi among other places. The research must have gone to a targeted segment and I am sure it will have its own takers. Although not to my taste, the cars do look plush for people who appreciate this kind of look. I can picture a wealthy jewellery shop owner or a "proparty dealer" in Gurugram salivating on this.

Just a good petrol variant is needed now.
AZ911 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 14:24   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Interior

#Gold branding on the front headrests:
Attachment 2212076

Attachment 2212091
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...edition-10.jpg

Is it just me or is the #Gold (and the #Dark) branding a bit tacky.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 14:52   #35
BHPian

Guys,

The interior's look like a hotel lobby's washroom!!

Gaudy and hideous!!
SN88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 15:11   #36
BHPian

TATA lost me on this one. Seems to me a very feeble attempt to make some kind of differentiation on offering to higher end / flashy customers, but what does it do for the Safari brand?

And even if a premium high-end offering called "Gold" had to be done, why not add in more premium features - like the ventilated seats - top end headlights, Brembo brakes, top end ICE system, professional audio, maybe even bullet proof body shell and glass, infinity tail lights -- so that it appeals to the more premium buyer - instead of just bling!
Old 28th September 2021, 15:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

Oh that white dashboard

You serious? It resembles a luxurious bathroom marble floor!! I could take cars going gadgets but certainly not bathrooms and toilets man!! No offense to anyone but I really felt like Tata Motors have teamed up with some luxurious marble making company and were advertising it.

Whoever did this at Tata, please perform a proper review of their profile to see hints of working previously in a marble company. It has to end here and right now as it shows you’re losing taste after exit of Mr Pratap Bose. Tata’s loss is Mahindra’s gain! Showing evidently with this desperate attempt of creating editions to draw attention from the most anticipated XUV7OO!
Old 28th September 2021, 15:52   #38
BHPian

Ventilated seats and wireless Android Auto / Apple CarPlay are welcome additions.

Overall, looks overdone to me, both on interior as well as exterior. And neither of two colors complement the Gold inserts.

What next Tata? Sign Bappi Lahiri as brand ambassador?
Old 28th September 2021, 15:57   #39
BHPian

My god, I need bleach for my eyes. What have they done to a great product. Not a good sign for Tata Motors. How did this pass any sort of sanity check even at management level is what surprises me.

By the way, doesn't the gold front grill on the white edition remind you of the gold-colour coating people used to put on old Premier Padmini cars in the 80s and 90s to prevent rust? Maybe TaMo old-timers had some spare lying around and instead of writing it off from the books, decided to make use of it here?

Last edited by andafunda : 28th September 2021 at 15:59.
Old 28th September 2021, 16:03   #40
BHPian

OMG! Many expletives come to mind, besides the following adjectives:

Yuck!
Meh!
Seriously?
Are you kidding me?
Why, Tata, why?
What are they smoking?
Who's in charge!?
Old 28th September 2021, 16:12   #41
BHPian

This hardly is a way to match up to the XUV700. The Gold looks tacky, the dashboard OMG!!!! It's horrible!
Everything about this version is yucky!
Instead of these cheap editions, please add tech like ADAS.
Also these features should be standard in the top model.
Nice way to make money by doing limited editions.

Tata should realise that they wont make much headway with the safari anymore.
They really need to get serious with better infotainment and tech asap.
Old 28th September 2021, 16:39   #42
BHPian

The chrome overdose normal New Safari was already looking wacky to me. This one with Gold accents looks absolutely hideous.

Although the exteriors are less hideous than the interiors. It is absolutely wacky.
Why Tata? Why are you ruining it?
Marble styled panels, Gold colored trims, and that hastag gold. Yuck.
No Thanks Tata
Old 28th September 2021, 19:14   #43

One of the challenges we always see in such limited editions and customized models is the after sales parts for the cosmetic accessories. God forbid for all, if the car gets into an accident, the gold accessories might not be available on time and in India, manufacturers have to supply parts only for 5 years from the time they stop the model meaning lesser resale value as the model gets old.

And the combination of gold will deprive the car from adding standard aftermarket accessories.

Still, driving and looking at this beaut must definitely be fun!
Old 28th September 2021, 19:28   #44
BHPian

I find it so bad looking that I don’t even have words to describe what I feel.

There used to be a Safari with wheel on tailgate that gave it a awesome look. First that goes in favour of over the top rounded car and then adding to the insult bathroom on wheels trim is released.

Why can’t we have SUV’s looking like what Pajero used to look or OG Safari. Bold flat lines with muscular appeal.
Old 28th September 2021, 19:42   #45
BHPian

The exteriors look overdone and that much bling is a serious eye-sore unless they buyer is a Bappi Lahiri. The seats (albeit white and prone to getting dirty soon), new features like wireless AA & CP, marble finish on the dash trim (i know subjective) look premium and well needed. However, all those wacky gold embellishments inside are pure vomit inducing. I am guessing anyone buying the gold edition will likely vinyl wrap the shit out of the gold garnish. Tata should also have offered a better and bigger digital cluster considering new XUV700 and integrate few ADAS features.
nightraven is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks