Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:15   #46
BHPian

Re: The Indian Car Buyer | Struggling with problems in brand new cars

As someone who used to own a Duster petrol I have faced similar ‘flatbed truck’ issues almost every year after the first 2. In the 7 years we had the car the SC or even the FNGs could not sort out the issues in it. Absolutely loved the car, the ride quality, but the number of times it left us stranded was heartbreaking. And more so since no one could tell us what was wrong with it. Bizarrely it broke down more in the city than on highways. Took us all around the country but didn’t like Mumbai much I guess! This was before I discovered the absolutely outstanding camaraderie of Team-BHP. Wish I was a part of this community then. Also as the owner of the first Gen relaunched RE Thunderbird - bought it the first month it was launched - flatbeds gave way to tempo carriers..spent most days praying it would run smoothly today. Lacked the ‘thump’ but I could live with that. Bigger issue was none of the FNGs knew what was going on with the new engines the first couple of years, and the SC pretty much used to say ‘all is well’ no matter when I took it to them. So I completely understand where @GTO is coming from.
Evyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 19:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Indian Car Buyer | Struggling with problems in brand new cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
I wonder if base variants are better with lesser electronics?
That's an interesting data point to have, base vs top.
Although the niggles would be limited to features like the ICE, sunroof etc. Rest issues should be similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sany0023 View Post
I want to know what's the best way to handle this situation?
Sorry for such a late reply.
While I cannot tell you the best way to handle the situation or the compensation I would suggest to ask them to fix their mess immediately. The rough paint should be gone by buffing and check post the buff if anything else has gone wrong or what else can be done to make amends by the dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks