Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Plastic cladding in cars, Yes or No?
Yes 108 32.43%
No 64 19.22%
Depends (Eg: only on a proper SUV) 161 48.35%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2021, 18:56   #46
BHPian

Re: Black plastic cladding in modern cars | Love it or hate it?

I think a black cladding looks good on a SUV. It also helps protect the paint when going off on the trails.
The current gen discovery sport has no black cladding and it looks far too bulky compared to my car.
Black plastic cladding in modern cars | Love it or hate it?-img_20210916_105030.jpg

Last edited by manson : 29th July 2022 at 09:11.
Old 29th July 2022, 08:44   #47
BHPian

Is it possible to remove the thick side cladding from the new gen brezza?
Old 29th July 2022, 17:11   #48
BHPian

Absolutely detest it. Especially on the three Germans. The plastics never age well and are an eye sore on the two Seltos at home. For the X3 I got all the trims painted to either body color or gloss black. The stance looks slick, the entire car can be detailed with ease and the coatings work much better. Also not a fan of the mesh style plastics like the fog lamp housings of the City, impossbile to clean unless with a pressure washer.
Old 29th July 2022, 21:22   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
Is it possible to remove the thick side cladding from the new gen brezza?
I think that even if you did manage to do that, it is thick, like you said. The metal under it will be at least an inch or two under that. Your car will look thinner on the bottom, will end up messing all the proportions.
If you dont like it, why not get it painted in a more suitable color?
Old 20th November 2022, 18:42   #50
BHPian

Bhpians,

Need an advice on scratches on front black cladding on my S-cross. I was passing through a tight lane recently and there were vehicles coming from other side as well. To avoid scrapping, I steered little left and my front cladding got stuck in bike's mudguard parked there.

My colleague got off the car and cleared the area by moving the bike a little ahead. But it resulted in some visual white scratches on the cladding

I am glad though, that no scratches on bumper or paint area and cladding did well to protect the car, but is there a way to cover up these scratches? I tried washing and applying dashboard dresser, but scratches re-appeared again. The whole area where scratches are has whitish look now.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 3rd December 2023, 19:25   #51
DSC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beingtraveler View Post
Bhpians,

Need an advice on scratches on front black cladding on my S-cross. I was passing through a tight lane recently and there were vehicles coming from other side as well. To avoid scrapping, I steered little left and my front cladding got stuck in bike's mudguard parked there.

My colleague got off the car and cleared the area by moving the bike a little ahead. But it resulted in some visual white scratches on the cladding

I am glad though, that no scratches on bumper or paint area and cladding did well to protect the car, but is there a way to cover up these scratches? I tried washing and applying dashboard dresser, but scratches re-appeared again. The whole area where scratches are has whitish look now.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!
Facing the same issue. Attaching photos in the follow-post.
Old 3rd December 2023, 19:30   #52
DSC
BHPian

Any suggestion on the deep scratches on the bumper cladding? How do we repair them?
Attached Thumbnails
Black plastic cladding in modern cars | Love it or hate it?-img_20231203_124605.jpg  

Black plastic cladding in modern cars | Love it or hate it?-img_20231203_185244.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks