Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2007, 11:18   #16
BHPian

Geek, I thought you had booked an SX4 recently and should have been on top of these things. Is it that these things are not noticeable once you go for TD/inspection? Looks pretty strange to me the tail light arrangement may be because noticing it for the first time on Indian roads. Steering controls are anyway on the wrong side, i seriously think thee should be a legislation to make sure these car makers cant take us for a ride like this.
Old 27th May 2007, 12:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

pogu,

i somehow overlooked this stuff. anyways as long as there is a rational explanation to this arrangement, i am okay and can live with it. i think the brake lights are on top and are a pair. the reverse light is single only on the left side. heard bigger cars too come with this kind of arrangement.
Old 28th May 2007, 01:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Saw first SX4 today in Pune and I made it point to have a glance at the rear. It sure looked very awkward. There might be valid reasoning behind it, but from pure aesthetics point of view, it looks weird. The car looked tall, especially from rear.
Old 28th May 2007, 02:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Well i was in delhi just yesterday and i saw lik 3 - 4 SX4 and damn yeah its way toooooo tall and the back lights are a bit awkward.
Old 28th May 2007, 10:36   #20
Team-BHP Support

When i saw a SX4 being test driven on the ORR here in Bangalore (Pratham motors) the first thing that struck me was how high the rear of the car was. The asymmetry of the rear brake lights too stood out, but on the whole the car wasnt bad looking.

The advert for the SX4 where they show the version with skirtings looks bad. This car looks horrible with the rear skirtings specially.
Old 28th May 2007, 11:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
wonder why we ape the west all the time. that ways i like the fiesta which is engineered for india.
But Fiesta still has indicator/wiper controls on the wrong side (against what we are used to). Isn't it?
Old 28th May 2007, 12:00   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
But Fiesta still has indicator/wiper controls on the wrong side (against what we are used to). Isn't it?
Not to forget the bonnet release on the front left side too.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:03   #23
BHPian

Quote:
i wanted to ask one thing which is relevant here. since the left side tail lamp assembly also houses reverse lamp and perhaps a fog lamp even, i m wondering if now sx4 has only one brake light (red light) and that too only on the right side? maybe having a look at that photograph again helps answer me. i m wondering how it will look at night if someone applies brake in this car, will i have symmetrical red lighting on both sides? I am lost!
Geek - I dont htink that they would have the fog lamp as well as the reverse lamp housed on one side. As in the NHC VTEC, the fog lamp is on one side and the reverse light is on the other. So, the transparent side (in SX4's case) should be the one with a reverse lamp and the other side would have the reverse fog lamp (which would be BLARING RED).
It would be a good idea to confirm though!

And yes - I agree that the controls on the left are odd...they should have kept them on the right.
PS: How are they on the Corolla (there are models which have controls on the steering)?
Old 28th May 2007, 15:56   #24
BHPian

Not a big deal

Quote:
i wanted to ask one thing which is relevant here. since the left side tail lamp assembly also houses reverse lamp and perhaps a fog lamp even, i m wondering if now sx4 has only one brake light (red light) and that too only on the right side? maybe having a look at that photograph again helps answer me. i m wondering how it will look at night if someone applies brake in this car, will i have symmetrical red lighting on both sides? I am lost!
Geek, I can confirm that the braking lights are symmetrical at the rear. The only thing is not symmetrical is the Reverse light and the fog light on the reverse. I can confirm this because this is one of the things I had in my mind when I went to see the car. The logan and NHC VTEC have the same set of lighting arrangement at the rear. Its not a big deal.
Old 29th June 2007, 20:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
Geek, I thought you had booked an SX4 recently and should have been on top of these things. Is it that these things are not noticeable once you go for TD/inspection? Looks pretty strange to me the tail light arrangement may be because noticing it for the first time on Indian roads. Steering controls are anyway on the wrong side, i seriously think thee should be a legislation to make sure these car makers cant take us for a ride like this.
In european version of SX4 there are other controls on the right but here we have only audio controls on the left. They have left blank on the rigtht side

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks