Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: whats ur peeve on the road ? - 5 things that torture u when driving
taxis & autos 103 75.74%
best & st buses 1 0.74%
trucks & trailers 6 4.41%
pedestrians & cycles 21 15.44%
the trafic cop 5 3.68%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 00:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Autos, sarkari babus & netas ....they all think they own the road. What is galling about the government types is that it is you and I who pay for his car, fuel, salary etc.

Note from mod: Excessive smileys removed. Please go through the announcements and rules section before posting

Last edited by tsk1979 : 28th January 2008 at 11:29. Reason: smiley usage
Ravveendrra is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th January 2008, 03:59   #62
BHPian

Speaking of taxis and buses, whatever happened to the new low floor buses that were going to be launched in Bombay?
Old 31st January 2008, 11:09   #63
BHPian

better not roll in these buses...in a country where you drive on potholes with intermediate occurences of road, it is better to have a good ground clearance
Old 31st January 2008, 12:51   #64
BHPian

Ravveendrra's post reminds me to put in one:

The high end burocrats running around with the rooftop lamps flashing, trying to get their way in the horribly choked up traffic. Especially at a time that does not correspond to their working hours. Where does your lordship go in a hurry? Have to prevent a crime, or pass a verdict on emergency basis?

The flashing lamp should be used by someone responding to an emergency situation, and no one else. I would compromise for the minister folk, but why should a burocrat who have no need to take priority on the road for the purpose of discharging his duty have that previlege? What public good that will bring?

Last edited by DileepKS : 31st January 2008 at 12:53.
Old 31st January 2008, 12:53   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Speaking of taxis and buses, whatever happened to the new low floor buses that were going to be launched in Bombay?

They are silky smooth and the drivers are extra careful about how they drive. They HONK a lot, brake and are careful while negotiating turns/inclines or cutting lanes. Seems like these new buses are making them learn all this.
Old 31st January 2008, 13:08   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
1) taxi drivers.
2) Auto Rickshaw drivers.
3) the BEST buses.
5) Private taxi drivers.
6) Jay walkers who think they can cross the road regardless of the speed the vehicle is coming or regardless which place are . . .and expect car or bike driver to stop.
7) morons who spit out from the buses and cars.
They should be bombed on the spot
Old 31st January 2008, 14:54   #67
Senior - BHPian

1. 2 Wheelers

One thing that really annoys me is the way 2 wheelers come and stop in front of the car at signals. Once the signals becomes green you arent able to drive fast enough because of the swarm of bikes in front of you. Sometimes these guys cut you and it can really get annoying because you have to be really careful not to hit them but they dont seem to care about their own safety. It can get a lot worse when you see small kids sitting on the bikes without a helmet.

2. Driving slow in the right lane.

What annoys me more than the fact that theyre in the fast lane doing 50kph is how they give their hand signal to proceed when you honk and ask them to move.

3. Lane Cutters

I really hate it when people go all the way to the end and want to cut in right at the end without waiting in line like everyone else. It really annoys me and I try my best not to let them in. I think the call centre cabbies are the worst in this respect. They never maintain any lane discipline for some reason.
Old 1st February 2008, 09:10   #68
BHPian

I would say it is the lakhs of car drivers, who sit alone in their cars and take up a huge amount of road space and contribute to the congestion in our cities.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks