Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2022, 15:32   #136
BHPian

Re: 2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilbhatia8 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I am in Stage 2 - haven’t paid anything yet (except the booking amount) - so will take your suggestion and do a thorough check before taking delivery.

I am also worrying about extended wait time and possible price escalation (already waited 4-5 months and seen an increase of 1.5 lakhs).

Are there any suggestions on things to do during a pdi - any key points to be mindful of?

Appreciate all the help here.

Thanks
This is the first time I have heard something like this. If I were you, I would simply decline this unit. I am not paying any less than the next joe and I would like an unit fresh out of the factory. If the RTO is interested in random testing, its Toyota's headache not mine. While this price hike is a genuine concern, I would rather pay the additional dough and have a peace of mind for the next 7 to 8 years and no worry about what stress the car was put through.

If you are still OK going ahead with the unit, get the entire usage of your car documented as part of the testing process and do a through PDI. Maybe even push for a goodwill discount. You deserve that for being put through this annoyance and bearing with it like a good Samaritan.
SR-71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 09:23   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvay View Post
If you can help me with how to check map date, I can update on my version.
Press Maps button, then on the left side of touchscreen, there is an icon that is a small rectangle with grid lines and nav pointer in middle -- tap that and then tap Map Data.
Old 18th June 2022, 10:17   #138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilbhatia8 View Post
Are there any suggestions on things to do during a pdi - any key points to be mindful of?
Not aware of anything like that, but usually, Toyota dealers are straight. You should go and see the car once at their yard/ showroom and tell them to send the car on the flatbed to authorities for any checks etc. Maybe they will do some emission testing, and you can send someone from your office if possible. Similarly, get the car back on a flatbed. If they don’t agree to this, tell them to put you in the queue and get another vehicle. Simultaneously, you can check with other dealers if anyone has one in stock. You don’t necessarily need to buy from Delhi/ Gurgaon. Can scout anywhere in North. Chandigarh/ Ludhiana dealers may have some in stocks.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 11:31   #139

Thanks, uptill now they have been transparent and I spoke to the Toyota sales manager for delhi as well. Believe this is something beyond their control and unfortunate for me.

I cannot change the booking to another dealer since my booking is pre-March and Toyota has offered free extended warranty for 4 and 5th year (worth 50k) which I was anyways taking. Also the dealer is offering around 30k accessories plus body coating (this will be offered even if I take the vehicle later). They mentioned that they can offer me an additional 20k if I found this vehicle satisfactory post pdi or else the option is to wait till next month.
nikhilbhatia8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 12:06   #140
BHPian

Completed a Bangalore Noida Road trip in Camry over the extended weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun)
  • Total Distance covered : Approx 2350. Drove a little (~150km) inside Hyderabad to meet with some cousins.
  • Average mileage for whole trip : 20.9 kmpl. Mostly in Eco mode. In case of starting from a stand still and cabin needing extra cooling, we switched to normal mode.
  • Used regular petrol. Refuelling in Hyderabad and Jhansi.
  • For most of the journey we were running at cruise control of 105/115 kmph depending on road conditions.
  • Loved the nanoe AC. Even after 1200 kms in a day with just two drivers. We had stamina for more Kms. In the interest of safety and not driving in night, we stopped.
  • Stock headlights are brilliant for night driving.
  • No Scraping along the route at all. The ground clearance is more than enough.
  • Cooled storage in central arm rest was big enough and effective enough to cool 2 water/cold drink bottle 2 cans of red bull and some fruits.
  • For best mileage use cruise control for stopping as well till 30kmph. The brakes are not to strong in that mode, but if you can anticipate from a distance, you can gain 1 kmpl easily over there.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh-img_4744-2.jpg  

2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh-img_4737-2.jpg  

2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh-img_4768-2.jpg  

2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh-1c114e594c4a432082722bab705af6f7-2.jpg  

2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh-85ef942bd73049648c4b15450a17561e.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 20th June 2022 at 21:02. Reason: kmpl to kmph where cruise control is mentioned. Thanks.
anvay is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 16:24   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Completed a Bangalore Noida Road trip in Camry over the extended weekend...
Your camry looks drop dead gorgeous in that red color, looks really attractive. Would love to see more pics of the car from the trip.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th June 2022 at 17:16. Reason: trimmed quote
zaid qazi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 18:31   #142
BHPian

Hearty congratulation for your new red fairy

Best Luxury Hybrid Sedan and way better than all the premium low fuel economy sedans

Sedans are best for highway drives as I hate the body roll of SUV-unless we have bad roads no point of an SUV

Would love to see a Corolla Altis hybrid and Yarris hybrid sedan from Toyota India now that Honda City Hybrid has arrived for 20+ Lacs

Looking forward to long term reviews of your red fairy

Drive Safely and Happily
amarprusty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 09:15   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipamji View Post
Press Maps button, then on the left side of touchscreen, there is an icon that is a small rectangle with grid lines and nav pointer in middle -- tap that and then tap Map Data.
The map in my 2022 May car is from 2021 August
Old 21st June 2022, 11:19   #144
BHPian

Interesting thread. Picked up a Camry few days ago. Just checked the Superb before buying it since this was going to be a run about car which I would keep for at least 10 years, so reliability and efficiency were important rather than the spirited DSG gearbox. The superb just didn’t fit the bill, apart from the breaking even calculations it’s important to have a car which is always available and working. The Camry does this well hopefully while being very comfortable. Driven it a few 100 kms, I can say it is as comfortable to drive as the Germans. Average speeds for longish distances are 10km/h lower than a German suv/ sedan but it more than makes up in efficiency. It’s easy to get 18-19 kmpl with my kind of driving, fast but safe. The only visible issue is the ground clearance and the low 45 profile tyres. But till now haven’t scrapped the bottom in Mumbai or on the highway. But I travel light just 1 or 2 passengers. Have fitted the shock absorber polyurethane bush called Rogerab available locally. It’s made a difference of about an inch to ground clearance plus it firms up the ride by a bit, which feels nice actually since it’s a more comfort oriented suspension set up. Don’t know if 235/50 18s will fit this car because on turn in there is hardly any space between the wheel and the inner lining.
Importantly if anyone has leads to the 80kmh /120kmh speed warnings being disabled successfully in or around Mumbai on a Toyota kindly share the details.

Last edited by KKapadia : 21st June 2022 at 11:20. Reason: Grammer
KKapadia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 12:34   #145
BHPian

Quote:
The map in my 2022 May car is from 2021 August
Hi, A few questions on the interior equipment
  • How is the air conditioning at the rear in the long run. I see in one of the pictures you were riding in the rear seat
  • How is music system - Average / Decent - Not adding mind blowing as an option as I know it isn't
  • Have you tried handling calls via the MMI unit, if so how good is the clarity for the person at the other end
  • How well does the Apple Car Play integrate with the system
  • Have you planned for handling blended E20 fuel going forward. Current engine spec says E10 is the maximum supported by the engine
Old 21st June 2022, 15:34   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
  • Have you planned for handling blended E20 fuel going forward. Current engine spec says E10 is the maximum supported by the engine
Keen to know the answer to this last question. How are E10 petrols going to manage the upcoming E20 regime?
Old 21st June 2022, 17:00   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Hi, A few questions on the interior equipment
  • How is the air conditioning at the rear in the long run. I see in one of the pictures you were riding in the rear seat
  • How is music system - Average / Decent - Not adding mind blowing as an option as I know it isn't
  • Have you tried handling calls via the MMI unit, if so how good is the clarity for the person at the other end
  • How well does the Apple Car Play integrate with the system
AC in eco mode is good for Bangalore weather or if the cabin is already cooled. In case of 40 plus weather use normal mode for effective AC. None of the vents point to our body and cool the cabin.

Speakers are adequate, I don’t like loud music anyway.

I have always used the car in CarPlay. MMI and HUD do show necessary information and everything is well integrated.

Regarding E10 and E20 it’s Toyota’s and govt’s responsibly to ensure smooth transition. My assumption here is that govt will ensure e10 fuel availability atleast for next 10 years. Either this or a conversion mechanism by Toyota for e20.
anvay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 21:02   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding E10 and E20 it’s Toyota’s and govt’s responsibly to ensure smooth transition. My assumption here is that govt will ensure e10 fuel availability atleast for next 10 years. Either this or a conversion mechanism by Toyota for e20.
Government has advanced its E20 plans by 5 years which means we are looking at 2025-2026 for E20.
Old 21st June 2022, 22:07   #149
BHPian

Not worried. If I remember correctly unleaded petrol roll out took 6 years before leaded petrol was banned from selling. In 2025 they might start selling e20 only vehicles, which means that they will allow for phase out/conversions before ruling something that will make our precious obsolete.
anvay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 12:15   #150

Folks

Bought the Camry 2022 around three months ago. I was wondering if any of you got a manual with the car. I asked for it and they pointed to a online resource. I find that irritating that you for a 50 lakhs car they couldn't take the trouble to print it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks