Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2022, 17:56   #181
BHPian

Re: 2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
I called up multiple dealerships and enquired about Camry...
Does any one has any scoop on Camry facelift launching soon?
I don't think Toyota will launch a facelift. The current Camry was already given a facelift early this year. For the year 2023 however, they might add a 360 degree camera as well as ADAS which are present in the international versions. They can also add some color options, both for the interior as well as exterior. The Camry sold in Japan (or the Daihatsu Altis as it is known there) received some minor updates, on the lines of USB type C ports instead of the type A and the option of a brown interior in the car. https://www.carscoops.com/2022/08/to...rown-interior/ However, be prepared for a significant price hike as I strongly feel, given that Maruti is raising prices for its cars from January, Toyota will do the same. The waiting period quoted by dealers to you is normal. All the dealers were quoting us 3-5 months waiting period for the Camry depending on the color. However, a dealer had a car optioned with the color we wanted in stock and could take delivery after payment was done. We decided to go for it as we felt waiting anymore was not worth it given the possibility of further price hikes.

Last edited by tanmay1904 : 5th December 2022 at 18:10.
Old 5th December 2022, 18:27   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay1904 View Post
I don't think Toyota will launch a facelift.
=======
We decided to go for it as we felt waiting anymore was not worth it given the possibility of further price hikes.
I'm in the market for one and no one has stock atm. I'm pretty sure as well Toyota being toyota would jack up prices from 1st Jan 23 by 50k-1L atleast.

Were you able to get any discount on camry?

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th December 2022 at 18:35. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 19:06   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Were you able to get any discount on camry?
No. No cash discounts as such even though the year was coming to a close. However, the dealer did throw in 30k worth of free accesories and underbody coating for free as part of a corporate discount.
Old 7th December 2022, 09:48   #184
BHPian

Quote:
I'm in the market for one and no one has stock atm
My Buying experience was similar, Camry is imported/assembled on booking only. You can get a stock only if someone cancels their booking. Given Camry's low sales the probability of finding one is low. I had booked my car in Feb 2022, they gave a crisp timeline that my colour will come by May. Since I was flexible for any colour apart from white, I got 3-4 calls that there is a potential deal breaking, if that happens I can give you xyz colour. However it never materialised. The may delivery was delayed by 2 weeks. Again back in the day there was semiconductor shortage. Kodiaq was saying ETA of delivery will be shared in 2023 Jan and GLA had 7 months waiting .
anvay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 20:01   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone. We took delivery of our Pearl white Camry today.
Does the Camry require mudflaps? The dealer says Toyota does not sell or provide mudflaps for the Camry.
Old 15th December 2022, 18:58   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does the Camry require mudflaps? The dealer says Toyota does not sell or provide mudflaps for the Camry.
Mudflaps as an accessory is an outdated concept now. Most cars come with it or not required as such.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 16:09   #187
BHPian

Quote:
I got mine from the US - Parts are available online directly from Toyota - one just needs to pick them up from the dealer there - quite cheap if you can get someone to carry it for you - and the dealer here fitted it for free - 10 mins is all it took for all 4.

It really is a necessity when you drive during monsoons. Helps reduce the spray of mud on to the car.
prad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 05:29   #188

Hi everyone. Just picked up a metal stream metallic Camry. Drive from Gurgaon to Noida after picking up the car gave a mileage o 25+, I was in awe :-)

Going for a long distance trip today and was trying to find out what would be the ideal tyre pressure for the Camry. If the Camry owners who regularly use it on highways can share what tyre pressure they maintain it would be very helpful, thanks

Last edited by aah78 : 5th January 2023 at 05:39. Reason: Fixed.
amitoberoi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 10:15   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoberoi View Post
Going for a long distance trip today and was trying to find out what would be the ideal tyre pressure for the Camry. If the Camry owners who regularly use it on highways can share what tyre pressure they maintain it would be very helpful, thanks
Did you happen to buy this from Espirit Toyota, Noida on 30th Dec?

Last edited by aah78 : 5th January 2023 at 21:49. Reason: Quote trimmed, typos.
Old 5th January 2023, 18:44   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone. Just picked up a metal stream metallic Camry. Drive from Gurgaon to Noida after picking up the car gave a mileage o 25+, I was in awe :-)

Go by what is mentioned on the car and minus 2 points for comfort. Usually thats the correct fix.

In my experience, 32 PSI is what I keep in all my cars.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 19:26   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Go by what is mentioned on the car and minus 2 points for comfort. Usually thats the correct fix.

In my experience, 32 PSI is what I keep in all my cars.
Thanks Sahil. I did this trip at about 36psi all 4 tyres. Could not find any info on the car for tyre pressure and did not have the manual. A quick google search showed that it should be between 30 and 36 psi, so went ahead. Will reduce this by a couple of points as I also for my previous vehicles keep it at around 32.

But makes me wonder, if this vehicle is so comfortable at 36, how much better can it get at 33 :-)

Quote:
Did you happen to buy this from Espirit Toyota, Noida on 30th Dec?
Nope. I got it from MGF Toyota, Gurgaon. I had told them I wanted this colour and on 30th they told me one Camry has been billed from Toyota and I can get it on 2nd from them. I immediately booked and got it.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th September 2023 at 10:38. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
amitoberoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 21:00   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Nope. I got it from MGF Toyota, Gurgaon. I had told them I wanted this colour and on 30th they told me one Camry has been billed from Toyota and I can get it on 2nd from them. I immediately booked and got it
I was under the impression they are not interested in taking booking for Camry. Could you share the sales person contact and were you offered any discount on it?

Last edited by aah78 : 5th January 2023 at 21:50. Reason: Typos.
Old 8th January 2023, 07:46   #193
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations! I always wanted this colour but I was told the wait could be endless. Ended up with silver which was readily available. The tire pressures are mentioned on the drivers door pillar. Upto speeds of 190kmh it’s 35 psi. Greater than 190kmh its 39 psi. I always stick with 35psi on Mumbai roads. With 45 profile tires it’s very easy to pinch the tires if you keep lower pressures, on bad roads. Tried lower pressures initially as I was advised by the showroom but the ride was a bit squishy and didn’t feel safe. Toyota knows best so I upped it to factory recommended pressure and it was much better. For a full load over long distances I usually up the pressure to 37 or 38 psi. It’s runs absolutely fine.
My personal opinion is that the tire profile is just to low for our country, its safer to run this car on full pressure to avoid being stranded due to tire damage. Ride wise the difference is hardly noticeable because the suspension is very sorted.
KKapadia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 15:33   #194

Quote:
I was under the impression they are not interested in taking booking for Camry. Could you share the sales person contact and were you offered any discount on it?
Hi Wizaro

They are selling Camry no issues. I talked to the guy and he said he can make one available for you in the next billing of Camry in January. Not sure though should I mention his number for you on this open forum or a pm. Couldn’t figure out how to send a personal message.
Old 8th January 2023, 15:37   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapadia View Post
Congratulations! I always wanted this colour but I was told the wait could be endless. Ended up with silver which was readily available. The tire pressures are mentioned on the drivers door pillar. Upto speeds of 190kmh it’s 35 psi. Greater than 190kmh its 39 psi. I always stick with 35psi on Mumbai roads. With 45 profile tires it’s very easy to pinch the tires if you keep lower pressures, on bad roads. Tried lower pressures initially as I was advised by the showroom but the ride was a bit squishy and didn’t feel safe. Toyota knows best so I upped it to factory recommended pressure and it was much better. For a full load over long distances I usually up the pressure to 37 or 38 psi. It’s runs absolutely fine.
My personal opinion is that the tire profile is just to low for our country, its safer to run this car on full pressure to avoid being stranded due to tire damage. Ride wise the difference is hardly noticeable because the suspension is very sorted.
Thanks Kapadia Ji. I am usually at a speeds of 110 or less so I think what I have as air pressure should be good. Thought will try once with a reduced air pressure of 33 psi too for experience.

I actually got lucky. I had told them that I wanted this colour. Got a call from them on 30th of December that it is getting billed in the plant. I immediately booked it and got it on 3rd of Jan. Super happy with the performance so far.
amitoberoi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks