Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2022, 19:35   #31
BHPian

Re: Beware of RSA scam calls

Got a call from a Jharkhand number today. The female on the other end introduced herself at Tata Motors Customer Satisfaction Survey. Started asking me if it was my 1st Car, 2nd Car or what?

I was sceptical and asked her why she is calling me after 6 months after I bought the car and I told her as far as I know TAMO doesn’t have any call centre in Jharkhand.

The next thing she did, I caught onto her that she was a fake/Spam. She stuttered and answered - Sir this is Tata Motors Sir, Yakeen Keejiye (Trust Me).
No regular call center, definitely not a reputed company like TAMO would have to reiterate their credentials by saying “Trust me”

Secondly told her I don’t want to talk to her and that she can cut the call. But she said I can’t cut the call, You have to cut the call. Again a red flag.

Please note this number.

+91 651-3508761

The best part is that I have received this call earlier also. Same problem, but looks like they have a database of all car owners and are calling them out randomly.

They asked me to pay ₹5000 to join the Tata Harrier owners group.
To my knowledge there is no paid Owners group for the harrier.
I spoke to her for 30 minutes and finally called her bluff.
It was good fun

Incoming free 🤪
Old 16th February 2023, 10:56   #32
BHPian

I just got a call from somebody claiming to be from MG Motors offering me 15 years RSA for the low activation price of 3,500 only.

The number is: +91 890-536-5182

Please be aware.
Old 24th April 2023, 15:35   #33
BHPian

Received similar call today claiming to provide me "Road Side Assistance Card" , i just lol'd at the person. When I asked her details of company, she said some 24/7 India or something similar, when i pushed for more details on how she got my number and vehicle details, she hung up. I've registered a complaint against service provider, atleast that number wont be used anymore.
Old 11th May 2023, 16:42   #34

Received two calls - one with the offer and another for the verification.
Numbers:
+91 89799 51267
+91 78955 80779
Old 17th July 2023, 13:33   #35
BANNED

Seems norm of the day.

I am almost getting RSA card calls every alternate day since I got my Punch delivered. They have model and registration number handy to gain confidence first before getting to the RSA shit.

Thanks to T-BHP knowledge, able to dodge them till now. 2 days back, I was under a family emergency and I got the same call again. Lost my cool. Blasted her and then called her continuously 15 times and asked her about mandi price of potato till she switched off the phone.

As I am composing the post, I received another call. Just to be curious, asked her the details, so here goes the "offer":
1. 15 years RSA all over India
2. Includes all service costs and spare part costs
3. Transferable to 3 new cars. That means if I sell the car in future and buy another car within 15 years, the card will be automatically valid for that car also and 2 more down the line.
4. All I have to pay 3500/- (yes you read it right, 3500/-) one time to the courier guy when I get the delivery of the card in my home address

Wow, I mean wow. I was really tempted and searched for the balance money in my son' monopoly box, but unfortunately got short of some 100s to 3500/- quoted price. So, dropping the offer now.

The DND complain list scrolls 2 pages till now in just 2 weeks.
Old 30th August 2023, 13:00   #36
BHPian

I too got a call from these scamsters. Same 15 yr RSA for 3500 and card will be sent in 4 days. I informed I am not interested since I already have RSA. The lady reiterated that it's the same RSA card from TATA motors and it will arrive soon. I informed I will check with TATA and cut it. Then one day I got a call saying it's being couriered and that cost is 3000 and not 3500. So pay 3000 only. I informed I know this a scam and cut the call.

Despite this today an ekart delivery arrived. I approved him into the building premises thinking it may be a rakhi from my sister. He informs me it is a card and 3500 is due. I refused to accept the card and informed him that this is a fraud. He was unaware and agreed that it makes sense for me to refuse it since I didn't order for it.

Glad I was home. If my parents would have been alone they may have assumed it was true and paid.

Last edited by chittybang : 30th August 2023 at 13:01. Reason: Spelling
Old 30th August 2023, 13:22   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Thanks to T-BHP knowledge, able to dodge them till now.
+1 . Thankfully, I started receiving calls only after 4 months of my XL6 delivery and buggers have all my details. Just let them know that i am aware of scam but they still keep on trying. My phone's block list is happy

Call received was from +91-9990618626

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 30th August 2023 at 13:41.
Old 2nd September 2023, 13:34   #38
BHPian

I have also been receiving these calls. They say they are trying to explain the Tata RSA process, which ends with a attempt to sell a 4k card. They claim 15 years unlimited RSA, which I find insane.

I right away checked the Tata Motors website and only could see limited (1-2 year) plans with limited RSAs.

Have had to block multiple of these numbers as not enough people would have reported them as spam to Google yet.

They somehow already knew the car number and my name. I guess that isn't a surprise with data protection not being a concept in India.

Last edited by vb-saan : 3rd September 2023 at 13:58. Reason: Typo
Old 22nd September 2023, 15:37   #39
BHPian

Got a call few minutes back from a guy asking me if I bought a Slavia recently and they have my RSA card ready to be delivered. I initially told him he was not audible and then beyond a point lost my cool, told him to stop scamming people, called him an idiot and cut the call.

It is very very scary realising how easy it is for these guys to get all our personal data. I guess in our country the moment you share your personal information via mail, website, whatsapp or even to a company that claims to protect our data, it is all out in the open.

Last edited by Shanksta : 22nd September 2023 at 15:44.
Old 4th March 2024, 18:04   #40
BHPian

I normally dont pick up unknown numbers without searching on truecaller

Today get a strange call (didnt pick it up, i am in india and not travelling or anything )

Beware of RSA scam calls-img_0378.jpeg

Wonder what this is all about, and if one is able to do it wonder why others annoying loan agent/scammer arent.
Old 6th March 2024, 16:12   #41

I received a call today offering 15 yrs RSA for my recently purchased Alcazar at a meager payment of 2500 from a company called autocare. The lady on the line had all my details. She asked me when can they send the card. Looks like she was new on the job as when I inquired a bit she got scared and immediately disconnected the call. A minute later received another call from a much more confident lady who had all the answers ready. As I had already seen this thread, I told her they can send the card right away. She asked me if I would pay online or cash to which I replied cash. Five minutes later another call from delivery agent confirming the address, mode of payment and asking for location. I promptly shared the location, catch being, that's my old address, where there's a construction going on. Put my phone on silent and went for a meeting. An hour later I had more than 15 missed calls. Picked up the next call and was told that the delivery guy is waiting at the location but there is nobody there. That's when I told her that I know it is a scam, disconnected the call and blocked the number.

Most Viewed