Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2022, 08:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

2022 Kia Seltos to get many updates, including new suspension tune

Changes on Seltos MY 22.

Note the 9th line item. I'm guessing the new Seltos' suspension is tuned slightly more towards ride and comfort after many were not happy with it's harsh ride in it's initial avatar. I'm hoping they've not made it so soft that it's handling is not compromised as much.

2022 Kia Seltos to get many updates, including new suspension tune-img20220402wa0006.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 4th April 2022 at 10:25. Reason: Watermark added
Bibendum90949 is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 09:58   #2
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Changes on Seltos MY 22.

Note the 9th line item. I'm guessing the new Seltos' suspension is tuned slightly more towards ride and comfort after many were not happy with it's harsh ride in it's initial avatar. I'm hoping they've not made it so soft that it's handling is not compromised as much.
I wonder what makes them update the Seltos now, when the facelift is just around the corner!

This list also kinda affirms that the lower variants of the Sonet will only get 4 airbags and not 6.
Old 2nd April 2022, 11:26   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Changes on Seltos MY 22.

The improved suspension will be the icing on the cake for the future buyers of this vehicle, including myself, who had booked GTX+ D AT recently.

And, another icing on the cake is, introducing the HTX Diesel AT in Seltos, which will be a good buy for people, who don't want to shell out extra 2-3L on GTX+.

And, I felt they could've introduced GTX+ in Diesel MT guise too, which could've been a real top variant.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 2nd April 2022 at 11:27.
car_guy1998 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 13:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Changes on Seltos MY 22.

Does this chart mean HTX is the topmost variant for Diesel AT now? They should have offered 6 airbags in HTX if they were going to axe the GTX+ D AT. Why do Hyundai and Kia can't seem to sort out their variant planning. Even the HTK+ seems to be on its way out given the asterisk.
Old 2nd April 2022, 13:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa1997 View Post
Does this chart mean HTX is the topmost variant for Diesel AT now? They should have offered 6 airbags in HTX if they were going to axe the GTX+ D AT. Why do Hyundai and Kia can't seem to sort out their variant planning. Even the HTK+ seems to be on its way out given the asterisk.
No I guess! The HTX Diesel AT variant is just an addition to the Diesel AT lineup and they aren't axing the GTX+ Diesel AT and X-Line Diesel AT variant, at least for now.
And, Kia had discontinued the HTK+ Diesel AT variant in Seltos as per my SA.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 2nd April 2022 at 14:01.
Old 2nd April 2022, 13:48   #6
BHPian

Looking at S.No. 15 - 6AT in 1.5 Diesel is only shown under HTX. Since they made the effort to mark an 'S' for all other features which have been carried forward unchanged I assumed GTX+ AT has been axed.

With the upcoming facelift they will probably just add newer top variants rather than rejigging the old ones. And if 6 airbags are mandated soon by GOI why not offer the curtain airbags as well in this update
Old 2nd April 2022, 14:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa1997 View Post
Looking at S.No. 15 - 6AT in 1.5 Diesel is only shown under HTX. Since they made the effort to mark an 'S' for all other features which have been carried forward unchanged I assumed GTX+ AT has been axed.
But, in Kia website, it is still showing that the GTX+ Diesel AT variant is available along with X-Line Diesel AT variant.

And, in fact, they had increased the price of ₹20k on GTX+ Diesel AT variant as well as ₹25k on X-Line Diesel AT variant yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Kia Seltos to get many updates, including new suspension tune-49f5dcb481a746bf8c6eacde25a20e9a.png  

car_guy1998 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 10:28   #8
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2022 Kia Seltos to get many updates, including new suspension tune

2022 Kia Seltos to get many updates, including new suspension tune - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 10:42   #9
BHPian

Also Item number 6 is interesting. Getting the IMT in HTK+ diesel . This will be cheaper than the erstwhile HTK+ Diesel AT i believe.
Old 4th April 2022, 12:40   #10
BHPian

Received the pricelist from my local Kia dealership in Hyderabad.

The difference between HTX Diesel AT and GTX+ Diesel AT is around ₹2.2L and the updated vehicles are expected to arrive at the dealership by 10th of this month as per my SA.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Kia Seltos to get many updates, including new suspension tune-08809f317c0f40af8b387ced38ea1206.jpeg  

car_guy1998 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 16:35   #11

I booked HTK+ petrol variant in February 2022 with an expected delivery date around June-July 2022.
If the new changes are introduced before that, will my booking be updated with the latest changes or will I still get the older model? Any ideas?
Old 4th April 2022, 19:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

The suspension update will bring it in-line with Creta which was always the plusher of the two. Slightly unfortunate because Seltos was more sporty/fun to drive.

Instead of this why didn't they get the panoramic sunroof? That sunroof alone must be a deciding factor for buyers with many simply going for Creta for it even with those questionable looks of Creta as opposed to traditional, sportier looking Seltos.
amol4184 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 19:45   #13
BHPian

Also part of standard equipment in all trim levels: Unstable body shell

Unfortunately it will still continue to sell like hot cakes.
d3mon is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 04:09   #14
BHPian

Kia has updated the feature list of Seltos and Sonet 2022 version

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...or-2022/45240/

And, they updated the logo of both cars (Seltos and Sonet) too.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 5th April 2022 at 04:15.
Old 5th April 2022, 08:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Also part of standard equipment in all trim levels: Unstable body shell
Unstable per se isn't that much of a problem; weak structural integrity doesn't mean bad structural performance, it means the structural performance recorded in the test might have weak repeatability (robustness). Structural integrity is not that big a penalty in the test, but structural performance itself is. In the case of the Seltos the passenger compartment was okay in that the steering column and A-pillar displacement values were low enough to not be penalised. Somewhat like the City (4th-gen)/Tigor/Zest/Triber/Kiger.

What was concerning in the Seltos' test (besides the minor airbag timing issues) and where it lost the most points is very high intrusion into the footwell which can contribute to a high risk of ankle joint failure. If my maths is right the worst pedal might have intruded anywhere from 14.1cm to 17.5cm backward. Ouch.

I also don't think those missing hot-pressed reinforcements explain the Seltos' performance because those seem to be for the IIHS' small overlap crash which only the SP2 version had to go through. You're likely to find those reinforcements missing in many other Indian vs US cars (Corolla, Jetta, Jazz, Civic) but they might still do well in Global NCAP, like the old Jetta and Corolla did well in Latin NCAP long before the US ones were reinforced for small overlap.

The old Creta, for example, didn't have those reinforcements either (A picture of the body-in-white is here somewhere on the forum) but did well in Latin NCAP, as did the Kia KX3 (SP2c) in China NCAP (essentially an LWB version of the Indian Seltos (SP2i)) which leads me to believe the Indian Seltos' issues arise from it being developed exclusively for LHD markets like Latin America and China, and not from inferior welding/steel (unlike the other Hyundais).

But we'll only know for sure if Latin NCAP tests a made-in-India LHD Seltos for Mexico and it does well in the frontal impact, or C-IASI runs a small overlap crash on the KX3 and it does worse than the US Seltos.

It's a bit sad to see only torso airbags as standard, better than immediate rivals, I guess, but I expected standard head curtains seeing that the less expensive Carens gets them. Good to see ESC standard but come on, still no standard ISOFIX? (and three-point belts)

Last edited by ron178 : 5th April 2022 at 08:43.
ron178 is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks