Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2022, 00:46   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 and Lexus LX600 coming to India soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You must have used the one with KDSS, the ones we get here in India had only an initial batch with KDSS and the rest all with AHC which is standard on the LX in global markets. The ones with this type of Hydraulic suspension are far more comfortable, and there is minimal roll.
As far as I know, KDSS and Active height control are independent and both are present simultaneously in the higher trim landcruisers (India only gets the top spec variant so this must be present in yours too) I am unsure if they have made any country specific changes though so I will take your word on it being more comfortable.

Quote:

Since 2018, Toyota has added a Sports and Sports + mode that changes the throttle response and turns this thing into a beast. I cannot comment on the Brakes as I find them suitable for my driving style on this large SUV, definitely, not like an X5 but more like Mercedes, I can say.
Ah, ours was a 2015 model that only had sport and no sports+ so I will take your word for it. What I hated about the brakes was that it had this computer assisted setup where it varied the braking force according to how quickly you pressed the pedal. So if you press the pedal 15% quickly, it would jerk you forward while if you pressed it softly, you could push it 70% down while providing even less braking force. It is hard to get used to because each time you pushed the brakes, you are in for a different amount of bite unless you push it at the exact same speed.

Quote:
A Mahindra or force will take you to all the places where LC can go and probably some more but in what comfort Don't we all pay extra for Business class seats on Train/ Planes?
Totally agreed! I was trying to provide a comparison against cheaper products but I got carried away

Quote:

Agree, and the performance of the Diesel on the Dunes is not that great, unlike Petrol that you must have owned or usually people associate with Sand.
Yes, we had a petrol V8. I am sad to hear that the diesel isn't as good on the sand. We always had such a blast with this thing on the dunes. All we had to do was reduce the tyre pressure and lock the center differentials and the car would do the rest. Sadly, I have not had the chance to drive a diesel over sand yet (lack of diesel cars there and lack of sand here )

Quote:
That's completely different here, I don't the reasons except for the type of fuel as my average service bill every six months happen to be less than 20K including fully synthetic oil that I buy from Amsoil usually. No additional expenses in my 4 Years of ownership.

Wrong, you can get these serviced everywhere, at all Toyota dealerships. Spares are also very competitively priced. Until 2018 or so, brake pads on the LC were cheaper than Fortuner despite the fact that these used to be in Lexus packing. Not any longer though but still nowhere as expensive as any Germans.

Oh that is great to hear. Does the Indian version really come with a 6 month service interval instead of 1 year? The service costs here are much lesser than I assumed so I'm guessing toyota is taking the hit here to provide a better ownership experience.

I still think Toyota's products are overpriced here but considering the heavy import taxes, I guess there isn't really anything that can be done about it. Here's to many more years with your landcruiser.
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 06:29   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
As far as I know, KDSS and Active height control are independent and both are present simultaneously in the higher trim land-cruisers
No, KDSS-equipped Land Cruisers won't have Height control. Some of my knowns who have KDSS, actually like that over the AHC, but I don't. KDSS is good for off-roading due to the articulation.

Have a look at this and enclosed PDF-

Quote-
AHC allows you to raise and lower your vehicle at the flip of a switch. (low, normal High)
There are other modes that are not user selectable (extra high)

The system will also:
Auto level, even when towing a trailer
Prevent diving while braking
Help with body roll

AVS lets you control the amount of damping the suspension has. (comfort, normal, sport)
This is an active system that continuously changes depending on a lot of different variables.

KDSS is not on the LX, only on the Land Cruiser
It hydraulically links the front and rear sway bars together and through a series of valves will allow for better articulation than static sway bars. KDSS will not compromise on road handling either.
KDSS is strictly a mechanical system.
UnQuote.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-...l#post11343127

Quote:
Oh that is great to hear. Does the Indian version really come with a 6 month service interval instead of 1 year?

Yes, although most owners will simply do it once a year, I prefer to stick with 6 monthly intervals.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Toyota AHC Overview and Bleeding.pdf (696.1 KB, 315 views)

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th December 2022 at 06:38.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 09:39   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not true. Try taking a ride in a landcruiser, the suspension is tuned for offroading and thus it is stiff. You will feel the potholes and irregularities on the road...you could say the same about a Mahindra or Force product...for a Bolero, Thar, Scorpio, Gurkha etc because they are bigger and more reliable?
Have driven the LX470, LC200 GXR V6 with balloon tyres and pre-FL LX570. So I kinda know what to expect from these with regards to ride and handling. And I guess anyone with passing knowledge of cars should know what to expect from BoF vehicles or monocoque vehicles. There are lots of Thar and Fortuner owners who buy blindly due to FOMO or to keep up with the mohans or due to belief that one must buy that model for going up the society ladder. But end up with buyers remorse.

Yeah, yeah. You could thrash a Mahindra or Force through bad roads without any problem to the vehicle. But your spine won't forgive you. I see people buying Innovas for 2x and 3x times the money instead of ...

Quote:
It's a great offroader, but does anyone here actually take it offroad? Especially after paying this price? The people who buy this have another car they use as a dedicated offroader. Especially in Kerala where most trials can't even fit a vehicle of this size and weight. It really excels over sand but do we really have a desert here other than in Rajasthan?
Most trials in India are for Mahindra jeeps and Gypsies, because they were the only ones being sold here. Rest of offroaders in India don't deserve to exist? In that sense, I am not sure why Germans sell well in Kerala. The roads allow to use the full potential legally? Most Germans are stiff riding at low speed compared to others. Why spend on them for Indian roads then?

Quote:
Those are exactly the kind of people I was talking about being the landcruiser's primary customer base here. Politicians who aren't buying it with their own money. It could be priced 1 crore or 5 crores, it wouldn't matter to them because they are not buying it with their official salary.
Again. The Innova is the de facto ride of politicians, especially Kerala. Does that mean all other buyers of the Innova don't buy with their own money. Also it doesn't pinch the Government much as they don't have to pay any taxes or duties. The Government pays the same amount as one would in Japan or Saudi Arabia.

Quote:
And the landcruiser somehow does not need to be serviced? Maybe you are thinking of the barebones landcruiser J70...given a bill for around 4000 sar which translates to about 87k inr... Good luck with your rare CBU landcruiser here that can only be serviced at select dealerships... Benz GLS or the X7 for 10 years, you still end up spending a lot less money than outright purchasing a landcruiser in India
C'mon. Even the 70 series has to be serviced. My analogy was in reply to the steel bed one. Does anyone sleep on just steel beds?

Have seen diesel Marutis getting bigger service bills than Innovas. You could bring an old import to a Toyota dealer in India and they would service it, let alone one that they officially sold in India. GLS, X7. For 10 years. Just have to look around to see how many keep their GLS/X7 for 10 years vs how long the LC owners keep.

I understand you. Had the same angst and bewilderment when I came back to India in the mid 2000s, but then learnt to make peace with the horrendous taxation and nature of our market.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 21:28   #64
Team-BHP Support

Toyota prices the new LC-300 at 2,10 Cr Ex-Showroom.

Here's the price list shared by a fellow member who is getting in the First lot but wants to remain anonymous.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 and Lexus LX600 coming to India soon-screenshot-20221228-10.59.33-am.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th December 2022 at 21:30.
Turbanator is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 13:24   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Toyota prices the new LC-300 at 2,10 Cr Ex-Showroom.

Here's the price list shared by a fellow member who is getting in the First lot but wants to remain anonymous.
Thank God, essential kit and love my car packages are not added. Saves customer from that much amount.
varunswnt is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 15:15   #66
BHPian

With the Lexus badge the price may look sane. Getting the mighty Land Cruiser with the T-badge at this pricing makes no sense for any financially sane and prudent person (no offense to prospective buyers). That said, this high pricing is the best example for government to look upon what levels of absurdity they managed by putting atrocious taxes on CBUs and CKDs.
Old 29th December 2022, 16:28   #67
BHPian

What a joke!!

The top specification (Sahara ZX) retails for around $147,812 in Australia. That is approx. INR 82 lakh on the road - inclusive of all the taxes and 1 year of compulsory third party insurance.
Attached Images

MaddyCrew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 18:48   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddyCrew View Post
The top specification (Sahara ZX) retails for around $147,812 in Australia. That is approx. INR 82 lakh on the road - inclusive of all the taxes and 1 year of compulsory third party insurance.

I don't know about the Taxes at your place but say, if it's 70 lac before the taxes, the prices in India are spot on

70 Lac + 100% Customs + 50% GST. There are some more taxes, too; not aware of the exact calculation, but it will be safe to assume around 5-10%.

For other fellas doing similar calculations, if Toyota is playing safe, which it should be given the way they operate, their costs from Japan will be 75-80 K USD. The rest amounts cover the Taxes.

Another way to look at it is that most of these purchases will be on a business, which will be considered a depreciating asset on the books and profits adjusted suitably.

As long as I not buying one, I won't fret about the prices. The higher the better for my LC200
Turbanator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 20:06   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know about the Taxes at your place but say, if it's 70 lac before the taxes, the prices in India are spot on

70 Lac + 100% Customs + 50% GST. There are some more taxes, too; not aware of the exact calculation, but it will be safe to assume around 5-10%.
Exactly. If that's the price in Australia, I think Toyota priced it at a fair discount. The price can go higher

Last edited by bordeaux : 29th December 2022 at 20:09.
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 01:51   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What a joke!!

It will never be priced the same amount as abroad due to unnecessarily high taxes here. But it being priced higher than all the flagship german SUVs does have me scratching my head.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 05:00   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What a joke!!
Landcruiser, Pizza Hut or Dominos. Don't even try to understand why they are a luxury/fancy in India. Makes no sense to me but it is what it is.

Quote:

Another way to look at it is that most of these purchases will be on a business, which will be considered a depreciating asset on the books and profits adjusted suitably.

As long as I not buying one, I won't fret about the prices. The higher the better for my LC200
When people are willing to pay the tax premium why would the Government want to reduce it? Just milk the target market.

Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 and Lexus LX600 coming to India soon-screen-shot-20221231-9.19.35-am.png
kiku007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 11:37   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Land Cruiser 300 delivery begins in India.

Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 and Lexus LX600 coming to India soon-toyotalc300delivery1280x720.jpg

Link
Old 20th January 2023, 12:47   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...it being priced higher than all the flagship german SUVs does have me scratching my head.
The Germans are being assembled here, while the big Toyotas and Lexuses are imported straight from Japan.

Also read in an old thread that the Germans when they import, they heavily under invoice the price of the car. Maybe that is why their CBUs that they launch initially and the subsequent CKDs have a nominal price difference. Whereas Toyota imports the car at full price and hence the whole gamut of taxes and customs duties hurt much more. I could be wrong as I am remembering a thread that is atleast 5+ years old.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 12:58   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The Germans are being assembled here, while the big Toyotas and Lexuses are imported straight from Japan.

Also read in an old thread that the Germans when they import, they heavily under invoice the price of the car. Maybe that is why their CBUs that they launch initially and the subsequent CKDs have a nominal price difference. Whereas Toyota imports the car at full price and hence the whole gamut of taxes and customs duties hurt much more. I could be wrong as I am remembering a thread that is atleast 5+ years old.
I wonder how the germans even make a profit if they are severely under-invoicing their CBUs. Combine that with their discount model pre-pandemic and its a wonder they didn't go out of business like the average startup burning venture capitalist money to capture market share.

I know volvo for one got a good deal with the taxes by having significant exports from India which they could use to offset the customs charged on their CBU imports like the XC90, XC60 when they first launched at reasonable prices with full equipment. Not sure if BMW, Mercedes etc export anything from India.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 23:08   #75
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a white one at Shakti Toyota Shimoga. Most likely the car is being delivered one of the well known VVIP from the place. Folks who can afford are putting in all the effort to get one soon, so they can own one before his/her competitor.

Mod Note: Our Toyota Land Cruiser 300 Auto Expo Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd January 2023 at 07:07. Reason: See mod note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks