Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2007, 13:32   #16
BHPian

The ad sure looked like a marketing gimmick rather than a plead to customers. The ad stated that the waiting period will reduce soon, but the dealer says there is no such initimation to them from Maruti..That proves what was the intention of the ad...It was nothing more than a message to the share holders and the share market....
Old 13th June 2007, 14:06   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Seems really funny this. Yes, its true that MUL is not being able to meet the demand for the swifts or the SX4's. Everyone knows that. Infact, I am told that every dealer is being given only 5-10 SX4's (infact some dealers have been asked to stop taking bookings) for delivery every month. Such is the popularity, and going by the number of dealers they have I don't think any other manufacture in India could beat them.

Whether its a sincere apology or marketing gimmick doesn't matter. What matters most is they will still sell inspite of the waiting period. And it is worth the wait. Atleast they are making an effort at trying to convince the customers to wait longer. I do appreciate that.
Old 13th June 2007, 14:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Its more of an advertisment than an apology.
I think its both. They have accepted the problem as well. They have also accepted that people have "other choices" in the market...so the message is ...dont just move on (stop and wait at MUL gate).
Old 13th June 2007, 15:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Khattar is a clever man.
In other words, It can also be called as "Strategy" which I appreciate...

Abhi
Old 13th June 2007, 16:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its more of an advertisment than an apology.
They want to project that SX4 and Swift has a huge demand, so this ad in turn creates even more demand.. lol

Khattar is a clever man.
Even if this is not 'advertised', every prospective car buyer is quite aware of the demand & in today's open market, there is no question of buyers deciding on these factors. I think this apology comes from the heart more than the head.
Old 13th June 2007, 18:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Seems really funny this. Yes, its true that MUL is not being able to meet the demand for the swifts or the SX4's. Everyone knows that. Infact, I am told that every dealer is being given only 5-10 SX4's (infact some dealers have been asked to stop taking bookings) for delivery every month. Such is the popularity, and going by the number of dealers they have I don't think any other manufacture in India could beat them.

Whether its a sincere apology or marketing gimmick doesn't matter. What matters most is they will still sell inspite of the waiting period. And it is worth the wait. Atleast they are making an effort at trying to convince the customers to wait longer. I do appreciate that.
I know what you mean...Though I am bashing MUL here, I am one of the customers willing to wait for 6-8 weeks to get my hand on a SX4.
Sure there are people willing to wait for the Swift D for 3-4 months. In fact my colleague just booked a Swift D and is willing to wait upto 6 months to get that.
Old 13th June 2007, 19:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

I too am one of those customers on wait,and although I know this is a marketing strategy feel nice due to this gesture from Maruti.

Striking two birds with one stone.
Old 13th June 2007, 19:07   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Balaji, like you yourself mentioned people are willing to wait. They do have other options in the market you know, but they prefer to wait (then I dont see why they crib). But one thing I have noticed atleast from my dealer is that they always say 1 week extra than the time they think they can deliver your car in. Which is a good strategy, not only will they have enough time to cover-up something that goes wrong (I mean delay in transport, manufacturing time etc) but they make the customers more happy by delivering them the car a week earlier than promised. Thus striking twice with the same stone.

Besides, I really dont think they are trying to fake or create hype over the non-availability of swifts or the SX4's. I have had a word with GM M&S and he represented utmost displeasure seeing some of his potential customers go the NHC or Getz or Palio way. With a limited production capacity and a network of dealers twice or maybe thrice as any other company their supply is bound to get affected. Its only but logical.
Old 13th June 2007, 19:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Considering that this is a hype building measure, I dont see the same measure taken for the Estilo.

Its a genuine situation (production constraint) and I dont see any harm in using it for marketing. Its not as if they are fabricating the situation and then using it thus. Moreover, the information is also to be percolated across.

To my knowledge when NHC was new Honda Siel faced the same situation of production constraint, but then, them being "Honda", how can we expect them to issue statements such as these.

My verdict, ad intent or whatever, its perfectly right.
Old 13th June 2007, 19:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
I too am one of those customers on wait,and although I know this is a marketing strategy feel nice due to this gesture from Maruti.

Striking two birds with one stone.
Absolutely right, No doubt their Swift Diesel is selling like anything - but the advertisement still is more of an AD, I went to MUL a couple of days back, I wanted to buy a Swift Diesel, a guy visited me from MUL after 2 - 3 days saying they would give me a Swift Diesel VDI within a week if I agree to pay a premium of 5000/=, I was quite surprised at his statement and he was very cool in saying this.

I do not know if anyone else here has had such an experience.
Old 13th June 2007, 19:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

There can be a wide spectrum of view points to this. It can be looked at as an advertisement or an apology. I presume there is no need for Maruti to resort to any marketing gimmicks when the Swift and SX4 are selling like hot cakes. This apology, I opine is a move in the right direction and for sure gives waiting and prospective buyers a 'feel good' factor.
Old 14th June 2007, 12:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai has just come out with a SErvice Before Service Scheme. This is being discussed on another thread.

So its still MAruti and Hyundai that seem to be having an upper hand in terms of service. What happened to others. Has no one with a FIAT, Chevy, TATA, M&M or any other car NEVER HAD A GOOD (read as incredible) SERVICE EXPERIENCE.....@!!!@!!!@!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14th June 2007, 12:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Well if you think that all Maruti customers enjoy good service, you are wrong. There have been lots of instances when the service has been unsatisfying. Speaking this from my own experience, since i have 2 Marutis.
I think M.A.S.S is overrated.

Last edited by DCEite : 14th June 2007 at 12:27.
Old 14th June 2007, 12:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well if you think that all Maruti customers enjoy good service, you are wrong. There have been lots of instances when the service has been unsatisfying. Speaking this from my own experience, since i have 2 Marutis.
I think M.A.S.S is overrated.

Yes let things like thais flow in. This is precisely what we are looking for. Majority of maruti owners have gone in for its A.S.S. So if its just about the number of Service centres and if its not about the upperhand in quality of service and customer satisfaction Lets bring it out our experiences.
Old 14th June 2007, 12:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Atleast its good in Mumbai. Spectra and Navneet are good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks