Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2004, 14:40   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Deeps @ May 15 2004,23:49)]Was the 'Evo' series of the Lancer ever launched in India. *And has the new transmission technology on the Invex been proven to be reliable yet?
Hey Deeps,

The EVOs were sadly never launched in India.

And about the "new" transmission being reliable, well that the type of autobox in the invex is pretty dureable, but the question is whether the specific one in the 1.8s is problem free, and that only time shall tell.

cya
R
Old 2nd July 2005, 12:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

lancer's have always been good in quality until last few months. But Hm in an article stated recently that they are unhappy with the quality of these previous models and the new lancers manufactured will be as good as ever. But they are too old now. Time to replace them HM.Cmon get us the colt and get us the new lancer.

The lance cedia looks better in form than in pictures(I think it is that NHC love it /hate it thing again). Hope Hm gives it a powerful and torquey engine and some smart Ralliart stuff.
Old 2nd July 2005, 12:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
Heres the Lancer thats sold in NA and Australia. So that means that the Lancer Cedia has been discontinued [my assumption].
v12

The 'Cedia' shown in your first set of pictures (original post) is the previous generation Mitsubishi Lancer, the one that replaced the model currently sold in India as the Lancer.

The second set of pictures posted by you are of the CURRENT generation Lancer.
Old 2nd July 2005, 13:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

mods -

this should be merged with the other thread "when will the carisma be launched in India" as this topic is being discussed there aswell ..
Old 3rd July 2005, 07:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

yeah agree. Its better to merge both the threads. They are running on d same topic.
Old 4th July 2005, 16:09   #21
BHPian

Awful interiors. HM is in the category "also ran". Needs fresh thinking!
Old 4th July 2005, 20:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

am comfortably settled in the driver's seat and I like the interior layout and the dash. Though the switchgear looks like it belongs to a Mitsubishi of a previous generation, the overall look is quite contemporary.

The version I was driving had grey, entry-level trim, but I am sure that beige plastic and upholstery with plasto-chrome and faux wood bits will be more like it in the final Indian-spec Cedia.

I liked the four-spoke steering wheel, both in terms of looks and feel. Oh, there's even a little button-filled plastic protuberance below the steering wheel for cruise control, but I wonder if it will make an appearance in the final production version.

So a comprehensive test of this car with all the localised bits and revised suspension settings will be more relevant. But what's for sure is that the Cedia will be competitively spec-ed when it's ready for launch. ABS with EBD is certain, and so are airbags for the driver and front passenger.

The Cedia will be assembled by Hindustan Motors at their Chennai plant from SKD kits and should be on our roads by the end of this year.

Price indications are that it should be somewhere in the realm of what the Corolla or the Octavia retail in showrooms -- Rs 11 lakh or thereabouts.

What HM can consider is fitting in the four-speed automatic Invecs-II gearbox with manual override from the 1.8 version of the Lancer, which will be appreciated by buyers in this category. But that, even if it happens, will be some time away.

Quick, HM, bring forward the launch of the Cedia, try making it coincide with the festive season. You see, there are a whole lot of folks waiting to upgrade from their existing cars, especially in Chennai. Change is best noticed when it's rapid.
Old 5th July 2005, 19:35   #23
BHPian

Saw it in the Autoshow-CNBC.
Its powered with 1995cc (not very sure of cc) engine delivering 125 bhp with weight of around 1100kgs. Though not a looker, but i think the figures here should be encouraging for the enthusiasts. Competing against corolla and other likes, it is expected to be priced above 10lac.

Tarun
Old 5th July 2005, 21:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

THis is what is confusing. If this car is to be launched above 11lacs where will carisma fit in. Surely HM is not planning to price it around 14lacs or more.I believe it will be between 8-10 lacs and carisma will be 11-13 lacs.

Only time can tell.
Old 6th July 2005, 04:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

I've driven the Cedia sometime back in Singapore,and it is certainly a nice car.Its got a terrific engine.But HM is doing the same mistake again.They are launching a 2000cc,125bhp car in India.Stripped down by nearly 100bhps.
C'mon HM,dont make us feel like grandpa's again.....

Another thing,this car would be a tuners fantasy.

X
Old 6th July 2005, 07:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

gallant may make a nice choice for the d segment. I dont think carisma will make it. carisma has been discontinued in most of the markets.

For cedia, it is an excellent car and with the right features and accessries maybe able to get back that market HM lost. The 2.0 l engine i think is reasonably powerful.Here in North America more cedia's are seen than the original lancer.
Old 6th July 2005, 13:15   #27
BHPian

10-15L bracket is filled with so many brands and variants. Not much in the 7-10L segment. There is a big gap there!
Old 6th July 2005, 13:18   #28
BHPian

I think this is the same car featured in "2 fast 2 furious"...
and he called it Evo..
Old 6th July 2005, 20:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thats where the cedia is possibly targeted. Among the elantra's corollas optra's and octavias. THe old lancer will be shifted up to compete with the NHC, baleno, esteem, petra accent and others.
Old 6th July 2005, 21:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

I will try to take some snaps of the cedia here and post them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks