Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2022, 18:03   #16

Re: Honda WR-V facelift spied

The picture does not reveal very clearly the looks. But at the glance its not eye catching. This is an underrated car. For enthusiasts the IDTEC may quench some thirst. I will wait and see how this facelift comes out to be.

I see many of them complaining about the non existence of an adjustable rear head rests. Honda has engineered many successful products all over the world and I don't think they are less competent on ergonomics.

I had been myself in the backseat of WRV. The little elevation under the fronts seats helps here. If we realize we sit upright when in a mood to enjoy the ride and chatting with family and friends. During these times you seldom rest your head on the normal headrests on any car.

When you are tired and wanted to take a nap, in the WRV you move your base little forward and you see the head rest acts like a pillow and this position is comfortable for taking a nap.

I may be wrong here in my views but I found this little adjustment helps a lot.
Sureshmadhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 19:24   #17
BHPian

Well, enough has already been said about what is required on WRV - very simply powerful Petrol engine, a proper automatic, a diesel automatic. When all this was available in-house, i simply do not understand why Honda did not give the much-needed upgrade to WRV a few years back. If they indeed had managed to, it'd be a decent seller.

Frankly, coming-up with upgrade now might not work well - can it be replaced by a all new model instead in the CSUV space? Seems Honda wants to leverage Jazz platform for upgraded WRV. Still, if the main drawbacks are addressed quickly, there could be a chance to revive sales. However, with updated Venue and new Brezza, things can get difficult for WRV..
Old 7th June 2022, 20:58   #18
BHPian

Just had a look at the newly showcased Honda H-RV and found their new exterior design language for compact cars as a bit of a mixed bag. While it looked a bit understated and just about ok for the day, I think it would age much quickly than expected.

Here is a video of the same for reference:

Looking at how much attention Honda is really paying to its designs off late, it wouldn't be wrong to say that W-RV isn't one of those to sport an aspirational design and the images above don't do much to change that image. While the car does fare well when it comes to cabin space management and practicality, that extremely lacklustre engine can be attributed to killing whatever little steam it gathered at its launch. In this one or the Amaze or the Jazz, the Vtec just doesn't kicks in yo!
Old 8th June 2022, 23:23   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasKinger View Post
Fundamental question here though - wasn't the Honda Jazz getting phased out? And if it was, wouldn't the WR-V go to? Because it is based on the Jazz platform.
Infact entire Honda is on a phaseout phase,
Literally nothing working other than City and Amaze (to some extent)
All previous calls were mediocre - Brio, Mobilio, BRV, New CRV

Even old WRV has nothing new to offer, it was Jazz with some boots and makeup. Unless this has something which can shake up the segment, It will end up like BRV

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks