Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2007, 13:07   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
both in terms of new cars as well as spares and after sales support. The second is that the second hand skoda prices will drop dramatically as there is an alternative to a fuel efficient diesel skoda. As the resale value drops, the demand for the new ones also will drop - it is a cascading effect (.

Adding to that, the Optra is priced at what a two year old Octy would cost

Keen pricing me thinks
Old 21st June 2007, 14:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

there was a report a while back that the Octi was beign beaten in sales by the corolla. Even though corolla was diesel. Guess people look at a lot, toyota's been able to establish itself as a "foreign" car.
Old 21st June 2007, 14:41   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
there was a report a while back that the Octi was beign beaten in sales by the corolla. Even though corolla was diesel.
You mean even though the Corolla was NOT diesel.. They dont have a diesel option - though they wish they had.. Only the innova has a diesel option.
Old 21st June 2007, 14:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80
there was a report a while back that the Octi was beign beaten in sales by the corolla. Even though corolla was diesel. Guess people look at a lot, toyota's been able to establish itself as a "foreign" car.
Is this a foreign country report?
Or is it just loose talk?
Corolla's sales in India is almost in hundreds every month.
Old 31st July 2008, 13:34   #35
BHPian

I was just visiting the Skoda India website today and the Octy RS is missing! Have they stopped production of the RS? (There is still the option of 1.8 Ambiente) This may be the start of a gradual fade-out for the octy and maybe be replaced by more variants of the Laura (Hopefully, the Laura RS too). But it'll be a very sad day for petrolheads if the RS variant is no longer available.
Old 31st July 2008, 17:39   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sad moments indeed. Skoda ceased RS production a little time back.
Old 31st July 2008, 18:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Laura RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sad moments indeed. Skoda ceased RS production a little time back.
A week back, the Skoda dealership in my city had brought over the Fabia 1.4D and the Octavia Rider (1.9 TD) for test drives. The fellow confirmed that indeed, the production of the RS had stopped around a month back. Probably taken aback by the look of disappointment on my face, he went on to add that the Laura RS was going to be launched very soon. In fact, they have introduction manuals ( that's what he called them ) at the dealership.

The problem though, in my opinion, would be the pricing for the Laura RS.

Off Topic: The Octavia rider was over 3 years old, with over 60k clicks on the odometer, but the car felt spanking new. Build quality at it's very best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks