Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2022, 19:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta vs ITC: A comparative study

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
not a good car at any price point?
I meant, Innova is a good car but for certain price range and not at just any price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic90 View Post
buying a successful product doesn't make anyone lazy nor buying a flop model make anyone ingenious.
Sales success can't be the defining criteria for judging a car's merits. Definitely not on TBHP.

Buyers do tend to show this behaviour for other products also. It is not unique to Innova Crysta: Buying a product just because it is selling well/ is well established and not exploring other good options available in the market. Thereby paying an unreasonable premium for the same.
vagabond128 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 20:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
Sales success can't be the defining criteria for judging a car's merits. Definitely not on TBHP.

Buyers do tend to show this behaviour for other products also. It is not unique to Innova Crysta: Buying a product just because it is selling well/ is well established and not exploring other good options available in the market. Thereby paying an unreasonable premium for the same.
Nobody said sales success is the defining criteria. All I meant was if it's selling in such numbers, there must be a reason for it's continued sales despite price increases.

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th July 2022 at 02:10. Reason: Typo
Stolidus500 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 22:01   #18
BHPian

Just look at the YoY increase in sales of the Innova Crysta!
Price hikes what?

Toyota Innova Crysta vs ITC: A comparative study-103628c327fe40ca815a70651fddbf1e.jpeg
QuentinTino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 21:53   #19
BHPian

I still don't get the rationale behind this comparison.

Cost
Innova 2.4 ZX MT in 2016 - 24 lakhs (approx. on-road)
ITC in 2016 - 10,000 shares for 24 lakhs (240/share for the ease of calculation)

Selling price
2016 Innova 2.4 ZX MT in 2022 - 19 lakhs (consider the best of the best rarest cases)
ITC share value - 27.4 lakhs (again considering no dealer/agent commission)
Difference is 8.5 lakhs. I am sure this difference will be more when considered the actual market price of the Crysta. (6 year old diesel Crysta should have done at least 80k-1lakh kms)

Innova 2.4 ZX MT in 2022 - 30 lakhs (approx. on road)
ITC in 2022 - 10,948 shares for 30 lakhs (274/share)

What is the objective of this comparison, especially comparing a depreciating/loss making object and an appreciating investment/asset?
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 01:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Well, this comparison was purely to show how some well performing liabilities can almost get an “asset” tag and vice versa. They are definitely not comparable practically but they tell a thing or two about putting your money into something that has a good quality proposition. Maybe this would’ve been conveyed even better if a stock like PAYTM were used instead.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th July 2022 at 20:00. Reason: Quote content trimmed
QuentinTino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 10:49   #21
d.j
BHPian

am little slow sometimes to get to the idea but here trying again I still can’t understand nor establish the relation, feel there rather are more reasons not to compare these two. Say for instance, how about situation of investors seeking for an insurance policy against, best A+ rated stocks/bonds – off course one can pledge or hedge, but can one buy a pure insurance policy for stocks ?. Predictable depreciation and probability on investments are completely different things.
d.j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 11:48   #22
BHPian

This thread probably simply conveys, even though Innova Crysta is a depreciating asset, because of the frequent price increases, it will probably retain a good resale value. That is all to it. We cannot compare ITC share and an Innova Crysta literally as it will never make any sense. Just an eye catching title !

Atleast, I do not see anything more than that.
swami69 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 13:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Please keep this thread active and take ITC to the moon. If this dream becomes reality I can skip Innova and jump directly to any big 3 Germans.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta vs ITC: A comparative study-itc.jpg  

Latheesh is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 14:00   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Indian consumers absolutely love the Toyota Innova. It is so well entrenched in the market that it seems that it simply cannot be displaced. The price hikes seem to be truly exorbitant but still the consumers dont seem to be deterred. This is because there is no real rival to the Innova.

Its amazing how the Toyota Fortuner also has steadily been seeing price hikes. Again Indian consumers love the Fortuner and again there is no real replacement for it.
At least until now, with the advent of this new Scorpio N. it is just possible that this new offering may wean away some consumers from the Fortuner.

I think Toyota’s brand image in India is absolutely unassailable. And it is well deserved on account of their cars’ reliability and trouble free nature, in rough conditions like ours.

But these stratospheric price hikes seem to just be getting too much to bear considering whats actually on offer st that price.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 15:15   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuentinTino View Post
Well, this comparison was purely to show how some well performing liabilities can almost get an “asset” tag and vice versa.
Yeah that and @QuentinTino just had his Michael Burry moment

I know this is cheeky, but could't help make this -

Toyota Innova Crysta vs ITC: A comparative study-big-short.jpg
Romeo_Mike is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 19:52   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, the ITC stocks appreciated. But the value of an Innova purchased back then has depreciated to almost zero

And you would have spent much more over these years than the Innova cost you.

condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 01:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_Mike View Post
Yeah that and @QuentinTino just had his Michael Burry moment

I know this is cheeky, but could't help make this -
Oh my god! This is so hilarious
Old 9th July 2022, 13:42   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuentinTino View Post
Well, this comparison was purely to show how some well performing liabilities can almost get an “asset” tag and vice versa. They are definitely not comparable practically but they tell a thing or two about putting your money into something that has a good quality proposition. Maybe this would’ve been conveyed even better if a stock like PAYTM were used instead.
Well, Toyota in India is definitely overrated. On the contrary, none of the other manufacturers have a rival for Crysta/Fortuner. Unfortunately, the global scenario is different. Toyota is sure (perceived) an asset subjectively.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks